Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Even So, Defeating Evil is a Holy Knight's Duty (3)

Supporter
@Nep and I know a spell called Extreminatus. Goes a little something like this:
"We have arrived, and it is now that we perform our charge. In fealty to the God-Emperor, our undying Lord, and by the grace of the Golden Throne, I declare Exterminatus upon the Imperial world of [INSERT PLANET NAME HERE]. I hereby sign the death warrant of an world and consign a million souls to oblivion. May Imperial Justice account in all balance. The Emperor Protects."
Then everything goes boom.

nice plot twist, nice priest was actually a religious fanatic, while evil crusader grandpa was actually a misunderstood reformist

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Old man, i thought you were a bloodthirsty person but turns out you were just scary, hahahaha, first time that it catches me off guard, i love this series.

I thought the bishop was going to be a recurrent villain but thankfully he got "redeemed" by God's will

Dex-chan lover
>He never attacks, only defends

Holy shit he really is Rogal Dorn
aDxv8e7_460s.jpg

Also him losing his arm/hand only makes the connection stronger
roYSDgV.jpg

Dex-chan lover
You can't die, you have to change your name to Sebastian and become a butler. You can even skip name change if you don't want to that much.

Dex-chan lover
@pancake_at_the_disco
I'll give you the evil crusader grandpa was actually a misunderstood reformist, but there is nothing unexpected about a high ranking religious person, being a complete fanatic where they villainize all who they can't control either in the name of their beliefs or by using the name of their "God(s)" as a motivator. If it was a choice of who to put trust in (in a manga universe), the government or the church, the government at least can be bought for a lot of money when they try and betray you.

Dex-chan lover
Oldman knows how to deal with cancer. Others would have just put him in jail so he could escape, lol.

Dex-chan lover
Nice. That priest ticked all the boxes for shitty evil priests except maybe child molesting.

The socially awkward old man is fun. I knew there was something weird about the way he interacted with the characters.
....I hope he joins the castle as the adopted grandfather figure.

Also...damn, Chastel. Looks like you're the type to really get held by when you're hesitating.

Users who are viewing this thread