Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusen-mochi Datta no de, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei Toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2

I see comments acting like the guy accepting her offer is bad. First, we don't know if he accepts or not. Second, if he does accept, how is that bad? She owes him everything. Literally everything she has, eats, lives in, etc. comes from him. The least she can do is sleep with him. Unless you think her having sex with him is worth more than her not being dead or living on the streets or something. That banging her is somehow overcompensation for her life. I get it, you think he's taking advantage of her by even being implied to potentially accept repayment for keeping her alive and comfortable. Funny how people like you have no problem with a woman being a whore for money but sex to repay a guy for everything good in her life is somehow bad. Wow, you people are messed up. I do not get your backwards morals. To you sex with numerous random men for money = it's just a job. But sex with one guy for him keeping you alive and living comfortably = that guy is terrible, that poor girl.

@Kuokkanen
Thanks for bringing up that series! Never heard of it or read it, I like the cover and premise, though. I love sci-fi but I like it when erotic is mixed with sci-fi or fantasy. Not for what that sounds like but because I noticed such stories usually take a far more realistic look at such things and the relationships between characters. Instead of most stories that just have the man basically doing everything and never reviving anything in return or refusing anything in return. I mean for crying out loud if you're putting your living or your life on a limb for some girl, she had better repay you in some way whether that is with intimacy or labor or goods or whatever else. Otherwise you're just a tool or slave to her whether she sees you that way or not that's what you'll functionally be.

I don't see any issues with him taking the offer? sure it's shallow because it is for "her" own benefit and it seems like manipulation because of the context, him having saved her for the sake of that mutual "interest". But given the situation and world building the author has given it should be within moral acceptance shouldn't it?

I mean they are in space, the ethics and morals for one are completely different from what is acceptable on Earth. On Earth this would obviously be horrendous because there should be no need for her to attend to him, because one she is a minor and two she would have other options, there are support systems and groups who could help her being that she is considered a minor. And if there's even a need to state this, this absolutely doesn't mean I'm advocating sleeping with minors, if that's what you think, take a step back and reread this.

The point I'm trying to get across is that given sociological circumstances and the environment she's in, him taking her offer shouldn't be seen as an issue.

Of course there are better circumstances and of course there is the question of how she was literally, or rather it was insinuated she was about to be raped. And how she's throwing herself at the man who saved her can be seen as him manipulating her but it's important to consider that him helping her and her reacting in the way that she did is mutually beneficial. In her mind her security is worth that much and although her interest seems to be built on trauma, he doesn't seem to be openly exploiting that. He just seems like your copy paste "I'm gunna help" type of protagonist, likely because of the difference between his old and current situations.

And even then love for mutual benefit is still a thing, security whether physical or financial still tends to even now be a foundation for romantic interest to form. Even if that might sound superficial or materialistic it is logically sound.

@thoffee @axccel @S1lly_7
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Morally this feels wrong, but logically its her own form of repayment. I have a hard time deeming this truly wrong though, she wasn’t manipulated into it and MC denied her. So it was her own choice and method of being useful. I don’t really think anyone can truly say this is wrong, personally I’m conflicted but I realize that many people do this to assure their survival. Otherwise, they’d just feel guilty or useless, or maybe they’d think their taking advantage of someone. That’s my take on it. I don’t blame the MC whatsoever either, if she consented then it’s fine.

Users who are viewing this thread