Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 25

she should call Reigen and have him salt splash the spirits 🤣

Double-page supporter
man something is going down and it is freaking me out.

this is great.

See guys? Even the demonic hell spawns are smart enough to wear their masks during a pandemic

bnk

@SuperOniichan seriously dude, nobody cares. Read it or drop it. And why the hell are you bringin up social issues anyway? Trying to be an sjw or something?

bnk

@throughstars
Actually no, the normal release rate for mieruko is every two weeks. Except during the release of a tankobon volume, where the author often takes a 1 month break. But usually, he releases a new chapter bi-weekly. Its just that for this time, he probably has personal things to take care of, which is why, the current chapter took three weeks to release after the last one.

Dex-chan lover
@bnk I’m just saying that if the matter is “ouu, this manga is very scary,” then I don’t care. And that’s it.

I can't wait for that Obaachan to show up and teach the three girls to be a ghostbuster trio.

@SuperOniichan Just read it and then decide. I personally think it's worth the read. I find the premise interesting, but who knows what you'll like. It's not like it's that much of a read either. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't, so just take a look first and see if it interests you.

I don't personally find this manga that scary but I enjoy the manga. I like that there's all sorts of little subtle-ish hints at things here and there and some details can actually hint at some interesting or disturbing thing going on in the area. (For example. A limbless child ghost hovering over a trash bag, with a couple of other trash bags nearby with arms and legs sticking out of them near Miko-chan's house).

Dex-chan lover
@chronos5884 Oh, I get your hint. That sounds interesting. Well, well, the text doesn’t seem complicated, I’ll try to start reading this from the very first chapter. Thanks to all who responded.

Fed-Kun's army
@feha
Seeing as I know this kind of thing happens, but I have no examples off the top of my head, I shall instead defer to Wikipedia.
"While these honorifics are solely used on proper nouns, these suffixes can turn common nouns into proper nouns when attached to the end of them. This can be seen on words such as neko-chan (猫ちゃん) which turns the common noun neko (cat) into a proper noun which would refer solely to that particular cat, while adding the honorific -chan can also mean cute".

Yes, honourifics like -chan are mostly used with names, but not only with them.

The meaning of the title is relevant, because you've got to consider that this is a Japanese manga aimed primarily at a Japanese audience. And when the Japanese audience sees 見える子ちゃん what would they think of it? It's the equivalent of an English audience encountering a story called "The Girl that Can See". Are you saying English readers would think the protagonist's name is "The Girl that Can See"? While it's not impossible in Japanese that the author would have her actual name coincide with her description, seeing as we've been given no indication of such fact I see no reason why one should believe that. The fact that an (unofficial) translator decided to keep the title as Mieruko-chan instead of translating it hardly means anything about the author's original intent with the title.

You're free to believe what you like about her of course, but you shouldn't be surprised if others -including the translator to whom you were originally replying I just realised- don't see it that way.

Honestly I think more fan translators should translate into English the titles of the things they're working on. It makes those manga titles easier to remember particularly when there're similar Japanese titles. More than once I've seen a title on my follows list and I don't remember what it is because the translator chose to romanize the title instead of translating it.

Also it spares this kind of confusion.

Dex-chan lover
Is he a good guy or not? Taking bets~!

I think he's shady but good, myself.

Dex-chan lover
@Varler 99% sure he's good, just misunderstood. He can clearly see them, and genuinely wants to help people by giving them those stones, since he seemed sad to see all the spirits(?) haunting people.

Users who are viewing this thread