Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 1 - The Return of My Childhood Friend

Supporter
Injustice? I remember 1-nen A-gumi no Monster becoming kinda bad like 27 chapters into it, does it get better later? :thonk:
At least I hope the plot for this one will make more sense & not become convoluted while also making you question yourself on what is going on.
I'll put out that, taking my reading history as true, I read through chapter 26. Then it seems there was a couple of months before 27 was released, and I kept putting off picking it back up again. Three and half years later, now we're here, though I still only just moved it into my 'On Hold' list rather than completely dropped.

My point was more along the tags, which Monster has far more common ground with than Kiraboshi, even if this one doesn't have the bright red SV attached to it. Gives the reader a clearer idea of what they'll be getting into.

Dex-chan lover
I get the Six sense vibe

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I think the publisher's description not referencing 1-nen A-gumi no Monster instead does this series injustice.
how is that series these days? I fell off it literally years ago and every time i see it in my updates box I get briefly interested in catching back up only to see the mountain of unread chapters and lose all motivation

Dex-chan lover
FFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK, SHE’S AN IMPOSTER USING THE IDENTITY OF HER CHILDHOOD FRIEND. This is gonna be interesting.

Also ngl, I had a weird feeling when she change the mood after she threw the vase and hit her head.

Dex-chan lover
miyu's weird reaction to finding out that the main character doesn't have a dad and gets along with his mother, and her having the same reaction to the the main character saying that the bully's personality seemingly did a 180 around the time of the fireworks festival, makes me think that the big twist is not going to be that she died

Supporter
I'll put out that, taking my reading history as true, I read through chapter 26. Then it seems there was a couple of months before 27 was released, and I kept putting off picking it back up again. Three and half years later, now we're here, though I still only just moved it into my 'On Hold' list rather than completely dropped.

My point was more along the tags, which Monster has far more common ground with than Kiraboshi, even if this one doesn't have the bright red SV attached to it. Gives the reader a clearer idea of what they'll be getting into.
FWIW, I just copy-pasted the synopsis posted by one of our team members. The last line in the MD synopsis is an addition they made -- it isn't in the comic walker synopsis.

I'm inclined to just leave it as is, but if folks would prefer I remove the final line, I can.

Supporter
FWIW, I just copy-pasted the synopsis posted by one of our team members. The last line in the MD synopsis is an addition they made -- it isn't in the comic walker synopsis.

I'm inclined to just leave it as is, but if folks would prefer I remove the final line, I can.
I'd say if it's something they added, ask if they're fine with adding in the other title along with it.

I should say, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the title they sourced, and I can at least say it's probably better to source a work that has been finished than one that is on-going; it's just that the tone is going to be different going from that title to this.

Contributor
Not a fan of this author art but his/her stories are always original and nice. (y)

Aggregator gang
There were a lot of red flags with the girl, but I definitely did not expect that twist in the end. Looking forward to where the author is gonna take this, since it seems like Miyu isn't just his delusion?
My current theory is she became some sort of ghost to help out her childhood friend who has kinda lost his way. Such a tragedy though that by missing that festival, a lot of shit went wrong in their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread