Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 1 - The Return of My Childhood Friend

Aggregator gang
miyu's weird reaction to finding out that the main character doesn't have a dad and gets along with his mother, and her having the same reaction to the the main character saying that the bully's personality seemingly did a 180 around the time of the fireworks festival, makes me think that the big twist is not going to be that she died
i guess something happen and the clue is fireworks festival because murai also changed on "last summer first high school".

Supporter
If we're taking the foreshadowing at face value, Miyu really is Miyu and the vase incident wasn't the first time she deceived people into thinking that she was harmed.

An accident back then probably did happen, though not a fatal one.

Dex-chan lover
Wow... :korone:
This is unexpected...:meguupog:
At first glance, i thought that this will be like any boring childhood friend titles out there. 😶
But the turns of event suprised me.
I have read the ultra-comedy, Super Hierarchical rom-com title,
but this looks interesting.
Some theories here:
Since Miyu-chan is dead, Should we tell that the Miyu-chan right now is a ghost? or a manifestation of the MC dream because he wanted to see Miyu-chan so much ??:thonk:
and... i think too much :facepalm:

Aggregator gang
So that why she dodge the question of "why you stop messaging me"

It because she possibly died.

MC didn't catch on that she didn't answer his question either.

Double-page supporter
I was thinking of Hideki's other series' more than 1-nen monster when I read the description. Thematically very different.

That series kinda got... stale? MC's problem referenced every chapter with a flashback meant there were 2 plots, the plot didn't progress fast enough in the 10 volumes I read while I was in japan to make me wanna wait for translations or buy volumes outright.

Maybe it got better idk.

edit: a little surprised that the publisher didn't push for a more happy series this time, considering his more wholesome series' were way more popular based on the amount of copies they had at the netcafe (Jiyū Kūkan) I stayed the night before my flight back. (great deal btw, 12 hours overnight was less than $20, and had a free shower promo)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It can't be a "faked her death" situation since MC told his mother and she wouldn't risk news going back to her parents.

Can't see any supernatural angle to this so no ghosts.

She is not the same Miyu %100. She doesn't know anything about the MC aside from some small bits and pieces and spent the entire first half probing for more information. She is probably someone who was obsessed with the original girl. There is the fact that MC doesn't really remember her face either aside from the ribbons so she copied the most obvious traits of her personality.

Not a huge fan of the MC though. Noone with more than 3 braincells would think someone who is tormenting you everyday as an actual friend. No matter how lonely you are. Also, prepare for a tearjerker for the bully since story made a point that his character changed completely after the festival as well so there is gonna be a reason for it. Can't be related to Miyu though since he has seen her in the class and didn't react in any wierd way.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I thought the twist was that she was yandere, not that she was someone else entirely lol. Also LMAO at the boob greeting.

Supporter
I'd say if it's something they added, ask if they're fine with adding in the other title along with it.

I should say, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the title they sourced, and I can at least say it's probably better to source a work that has been finished than one that is on-going; it's just that the tone is going to be different going from that title to this.
I added 1-nen A-gumi no Monster to the synopsis. She actually has a bunch of other titles as well, but I think having her two most recent series is good enough. People can always check her author page or mangaupdates if they want to find more.

Dex-chan lover
my guess is that its a doppelganger that's partially able to replicate memories

Users who are viewing this thread