Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 2 - It's Been a While

Double-page supporter
Hum so does my last chap’s hypothesis still work ? Cuz idfk what’s going to happen

Dex-chan lover
Not done with reading all the comments, but the part about the bully annoyes the hell out of me. Don't see it as an excuse to pardon the bully, look at it as an insight why he is that way.

Sure he's an asshole but he's still a (fictional) human being....that yeah needs a beating like bullies always do.

I was bullied as a kid, I then slapped them around a bit when it was the last straw, got suspended and then they became school friends that I had a great time with in school and yes they could be assholes and then they needed a few slaps to put them in their place.

Though that would be impossible for our MC...he definitely didn't have older brothers 🤣🤣

Dex-chan lover
Lot of commenters confused about who this "Miyu" is when it seems pretty straightforward to me: she got Miyu killed and then brought her back by becoming her. It's a storyline that I know I've seen elsewhere.

The only real questions are: what was their relationship before Miyu's death? Were they friends (maybe bonding over a shared name if that statement was true) or was she Miyu's bully? Was it really an accident, or was it a case of doing something deliberately, but didn't mean for it to actually kill?

The flashback panel and the comment about how Miyu died suggests a bully and that either the bullying went too far or Miyu committed suicide. Either way, it looked like fake Miyu at least felt guilty about it -- or at least realized that she really screwed up.

Dex-chan lover
I'm betting the bully is getting beat by parents to bring a certain amount of money home so he went after the MC instead of doing a job.

Also new girl having 1 difference to be caught is great though I wanna know more about what happened to Miyu!

Dex-chan lover
Don't try to humanise that scum.
The ship sailed for that when it was established he was a human being.

I'm kind of blindsided by how vitriolic the reaction is to the suggestion that the bully character isn't just a malevolent force on legs, especially when his bullying has yet to be presented as central to the story.

Dex-chan lover
bunch of losers here got traumatized as kids so now they can't accept a bully being a character instead of a force of nature to be dealt with in the most pathetic attempt at self-inserting

Dex-chan lover
Is this going to be another boy's abyss where things just get repeated, but bleaker and bleaker?

Aggregator gang
There's already a manga about an alien replacing a childhood friend after she died. Forgot what the name is.

Brynhildr in the Darkness?

b54f438d433c7d7bca8695f383df5251.jpe

Oh no, the bully has a bad home life. See, he couldn't take the rubbish out, even. Because uh ... his mother is sick!

You, dear reader, will of course empathize, right?

Even in the first chapter, I got the impression that there was more going on with the bully situation than they were letting on.
  1. He claims that the guy "started bullying one of his classmates out of nowhere"
  2. The main character "fell down the stairs" while he was with the bully and wasn't pushed or anything
  3. Bully is super dejected that Miyu doesn't remember him
My guess is that there was a huge misdirect in chapter 1. The initial "bully victim" likely did something to deserve it and the bully got pissy because the main character intervened. For whatever reason, the bully didn't want to reveal why he was bullying the first girl and just let the main character believe it was just a random victim, but started acting coldly to him. Then the main character threw himself down the stairs to injure himself to get the bully in trouble (and in chapter 1, he wasn't going to hit the bully, but himself again like Miyu did). After that, the bully spent the next year harassing the main character for it and just ran with the story that he switched victims.

My guess is that "Miyu" had also sent him some threatening texts or something after hearing the story, which is why the bully is looking at his phone when he's talking about how he wants to start bullying Miyu in chapter 1.

EDIT: Looking back in the first chapter, he's staring at his phone the whole time he's suggesting that he gives him nudes of her. I get the feeling Miyu is the one who texted him instructions to stage that whole encounter, saying they'd be friends if he did it (and he'd get the nudes as a bonus). She was planning to entrap him somehow and had to resort to plan B when the main character refused, which is why she randomly pops up in the classroom out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread