Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 2 - It's Been a While

Dex-chan lover
Have to wonder then, if she a sister that is either older or younger than Miyu or literally someone that slid into a family in grief to fill a role? It seems like she is living entirely alone at the moment so it's possible she's just taking the spot of Miyu in this family and taking over her life for an unknown reason at the moment, but hey... she seems to care and I'll repeat what I said before, has seemingly good intentions for the MC so might as well take it.

Plus c'mon with that stupid bully secret. It's like that "afternoon special" from back in the day where it shows how oh the bully is only mean to you because his family is mean to him or he has no family so he takes it out on you. Piss off with that shit.

hot damn this can go so many ways and i damn dearly hope its not murai's dumpster home

Dex-chan lover
Don't worry, we'll see the bully humanized, THEN killed or maimed. It's better than dying as a 2-dimensional mook even if his daily brainwaves are 2D. He's a creep who delayed Yushin from meeting Miyu, contributing to her death, so he's screwed. My bet is he'll be pushed down or off something.

We can't be sure that Miyu died in a traffic accident though. She died, but the circumstances are somehow worse due to her being honest? And mysterious? I hope the story doesn't get too edgy about it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Gonna be asking "What really happened with Miyu-chan?" until the next chapter.

Looksnlike they're making us understand why the bully is the way that he is.

Dex-chan lover
Explaining how the bully turned out the way he is =/= "it was okay for him to bully Yuushin"

I'm interested to see where the story goes.
I mean he did lead to Miyu being stood up and presumably that leads to whatever happened to her that one summer night, so we'll have to learn more about it...

I just didn't expect we'd start showing his sad miserable circumstances NOW, instead of it being an eventuality.

Group Leader
Idk why people are being so against the bully having a backstory/development.

This bully was clearly presented in a different way than most evil bullies. To start with, he has never once hit Yuushin and makes it a point not to hit him (even if he says it's just to not be expelled what kind of bully follows rules to a t like that? Even the stairs incident, he didn't actually push Yuushin, he just gave him a scare that resulted in him accidentally falling). They also used to be good friends, meaning that something happened in his life that made him become a bully.

Given that all he ever asks of the protagonist is money, that he never hits him, that their relationship wasn't like this before, and that his home life clearly isn't normal, I think it's obvious the dude has monetary issues that are making him resort to these bully tactics to obtain money.

Of course being poor doesn't justify being a bully but it's clear to me that at least he's not some evil human being but rather just a product of his environment. I'm much more okay with a character like that.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Idk why people are being so against the bully having a backstory/development.

This bully was clearly presented in a different way than most evil bullies. To start with, he has never once hit Yuushin and makes it a point not to hit him (even if he says it's just to not be expelled what kind of bully follows rules to a t like that? Even the stairs incident, he didn't actually push Yuushin, he just gave him a scare that resulted in him accidentally falling). They also used to be good friends, meaning that something happened in his life that made him become a bully.

Given that all he ever asks of the protagonist is money, that he never hits him, that their relationship wasn't like this before, and that his home life clearly isn't normal, I think it's obvious the dude has monetary issues that are making him resort to these bully tactics to obtain money.

Of course being poor doesn't justify being a bully but it's clear to me that at least he's not some evil human being but rather just a product of his environment. I'm much more okay with a character like that.
Erm, I get where you are coming from and, true, it is okay to try and get the most out of every character. But the very first panel of him appearing is him physically hurting MC, lmao. Saying he never hit MC is plaing wrong. There also is a not small amount of incredibly heavy mental abuse.

Others also mentioned he was the reason for not being able to meet Miyu. Whatever his intentions (they seemed sinister from what we know with how he was able to behave) he is a major factor and should not be degraded to a one-dimensional tool that instantly is redeemed in the most generic way, getting that redemption arc/sob story after half a chapter.
I won't bash and pile on some more as I still have hope that the bully will be used in some other, infinitely more interesting way (e.g. more evil sutff into getting completely annihilated by Miyu, him being some mastermind orchestrating everything etc.).
Just DON'T make him that broken home misunderstood bully that actually is nice and smart and the best and only fucking tortured MC for love~~!!

Group Leader
Erm, I get where you are coming from and, true, it is okay to try and get the most out of every character. But the very first panel of him appearing is him physically hurting MC, lmao. Saying he never hit MC is plaing wrong. There also is a not small amount of incredibly heavy mental abuse.
He pushed him, he didn't hit him. He has never once gotten physically violent with him (that we saw). He's literally just using basic scare tactics (pushing, yelling, acting tough, intimidation, etc.) to get his objective. As a bully he's a really really bad one. A proper shake down wouldn't involve a simple push and some yelling. And the fact he justifies not hitting him because of school rules, when a bully would at the very least get somewhat physically violent, shows that he does not want to cross a certain line. His actions make no sense otherwise.

Yes this is psychological abuse, yes this is still violent and not at all acceptable, but what I mean to say is that from the very start the manga wanted to present this bully as someone who has something more going on (which we're now going to get into), and we really shouldn't be surprised that he has a proper backstory. He was not presented as a one-dimensional tool as you say, he's literally meant to be an important part of the story.

If he was just meant to be an average evil bully the manga wouldn't have taken the care to explain minor details such as him not actually pushing Yuushin down the stairs, or him and Yuushin having been good friends until a very specific point in time. It's clear the manga is heading not necessarily into his redemption arc, but at the very least towards integrating him as a character in the story.

Basically I think people should wait and see what happens and passing all this judgement early on feels unjustified. And I say all this as someone who was heavily bullied in school too, trust me I don't sympathize with bullies easily. But I know some people will just never forgive the guy and don't care to have him develop a character. Me, I'm just curious to how he fits in the overall narrative.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is a rare case of the normal dude being less sane than the imposter.

If Miyu had any ill intentions for MC, boy would be dead. But MC's still digging himself deeper without actually protecting himself.

Users who are viewing this thread