Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Dex-chan lover
Wait...that centaur in yellow...have a human ass? The fuck?

Dex-chan lover
@donoghu it seems possible, the story had ground to a halt, the side stories and characters are far more interesting and have advanced far more in 2 chapters than the main story in 60+(the guys in the mixer onsen is a clear example, by the end of the chapter they're together with the girls, see, fucking romance(see what i did there :D) )
And now 3 fucking months for a 5 page... nothingburger, yeah i'm downgrading this to a 6 and marking it as stalled

I get the very distinct feeling that Okayado did not plan to make this a long-running series. There's clearly no actual planned story, he's just pulling random events out of his ass and the product is that much worse for it. I do still enjoy the premise which is why I keep coming back to it but god a 3 month wait for a 5-page "prologue" for the next SECTION of the current arc is just too much

Dex-chan lover
@CuRiSeeechun
I think he had one, but nothing to fill it with over a long time. Obviously there is already an "established" ending where some kind of romantic event happens (most likely harem marriage").
But the series got popular, and he likely didn't expect it to be that popular, like you said. It was going great for a while. But ever since MC went to the farm, it has been a mess. Even the hard set rules of the world were rewritten in order to make more plot lines possible, except for some reason MC is excluded from partaking in the new freedoms.

It also may be that the author just got bored of using the main girls, and is now just using them as background/transition characters for new plots. Ex: Lala. Supposedly a main girl, but has been completely pushed to the side by literally any other character. The inn keeper has had a larger impact on the overall story than she has.

If this is the case, I completely understand the author not making much new content for the series. Writer's block can be a death sentence for series if you try and force your way through it. Honestly, the best thing he can likely do is to end this series soon. I don't see how he could really revive the prior momentum it once had without it just getting hammered in the quality department. The best thing IMO is to revert the plot back to before they went to the farm and continue from there. Treat these 2 massive arcs as side stories, or ones that are "future events" that are down the road, or were seen in a dream or something. Basically make them not directly cannon.

I personally would enjoy exploring other girl's families (like Rachnee's spider family, not her prior host). Or maybe something like having them move to a newer house. Hell, he could even make a multi-part mini-arc where he reverses the roles of MC and each main girl in a 1 on 1 scenario. Whether that be MC is now a monster version of himself to the human version of {insert main girl}, or even go all in and make MC the monster girl and the respective girl a male human version of themselves (gender-bending + species swapping / body swapping).

Eh, I've heard that the author has been going through a really bad sickness for a long while now, so he's likely just been throwing whatever content he can around while he tries to heal. If this new arc is going for something similar to before the wheel spinning we've had for a while, I think it can still be good. My personal advice is to look at the more recent chapters like the farm arc or the inn stuff as just side stories and filler, rather than actual main plot. Either way, Lala is best girl, and while I get her whole gimmick is to be invisible, I need more of her!

What's happened to this series? I believe it used to be a bi monthly release. Also, sad this hasn't gotten a 2nd season. Thought the anime did well.

basically my takeaway after reading through 5 chapters of tits-
teenager gets sexually harassed by interspecies creatures

Power Uploader
Me waiting for Monster Musume season 2 since years:
mk6chc8nkkx11.jpg

Instead of season 2 of monster musume, they made another monster girl anime like that Doctorrr MC guyy

Users who are viewing this thread