Moto-Sekai Ichii Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki ~Hi-Player, Isekai wo Kouryaku-chu!~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
@IMACOP cause they wanna rewrite history.

They even set an Elk statue on fire. Elk as in the animal. Something something racist.

You already know, but some of the people in here don't understande that slavery has been around for thousands of years in practically every culture. People of every color have been enslaved before but somehow only African slaves matter.

Double-page supporter
All this talk about slavery, I guess those US event on racism got here as well huh. Annoying af.

Aggregator gang
@SunSun Also people are stupid that a lot of them practically think or act like america invented slavery and like it only exist in america seriously the world doesn't revolves around you america. By the way the slaves in the US is practically better of the the slaves in south america there is a reason why there are more African american in the US than south american countries like Brazil mexico Argentina and so on cause the slave there are treated much more cruel and that they die.

@Hell_Satan I don't have any insight into how slaves were treated in South America, but the reason there are more black decendents of former slaves in North America is because the US bought more slaves. Thanks to the invention of the Cotton Gin and the changes in scale of economy brought by the Industrial Revolution, the US simply bought way more slaves than anyone else in the 1800's. And the US Constitution had an amendment that counted slaves as 3/5ths of a person for Census purposes, and the number of seats in the House of Representatives that a State is given is based on population. So there was a huge political incentive to keep most of the slaves you had alive.

Anyway, if US slavery was so much nicer than other forms of slavery, and it's still dealing with the social and economic issues that arouse from it 150+ years after its abolition, that's not a point in favor of slavery at all.

The moment he mentioned the fourth option, I knew, comment section has turn into libtards battlefield

I won't comment on the trope of slavery in manga generally, but for people considering dropping this manga I'll say that the slave is freed after only a few chapters.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@diogenes put a spoiler tag, some people arent planning on dropping it and spoiling it, as obvious as it is, is still a bummer

@diogenes thanks for the spoiler because I was going to drop this.

It's disheartening how many of these isekai are incorporating slavery into the core plot, without any good reason. Shield Hero, has a good reason I don't know why they stay slaves but it was a good reason, so I still read it. I thought MCs were irresistible why do they need to buy slaves to fill their harems. Plus teaching a slave to do blacksmithing would be an extremely valuable and important job, you probably wouldn't just find one and the local "slave shop". https://www2.gwu.edu/~folklife/bighouse/panel19.html

I still can't ditch that game system that revolves around Easter eggs and secret achievements. Like who the fuck designed that?

Aggregator gang
@bingel919 still better than most rougelikes, at least this world's "game" follows set rules that can be manipulated in your favor once known, rougelikes on the other hand...well, the exact values change depending on the specific game but it's often split like 30% player control skills, 20% item/ability knowledge, and 50% pure heartfelt (and all too often unanswered) prayers to RNGesus

Dex-chan lover
@TriHugger hang on. The 3/5 compromise wasnt an incentive to keep slavery, it was to prevent another war. The slave holding states wanted them to count as full people to gain even more clout, even though slaves didnt get to vote.

The non slave holding states didnt want slaves to be counted at all, since slaves weren't actually represented, and given one of the reasons for the declaration of independence was for proper representation by a government. The founders at the Constitutional Convention knew that a civil war was gonna happen over the issue, but since the Revolutionary War was literally just won not too long ago, they decided it wasnt worth it and to let later generations deal with it.

Dex-chan lover
@Hell_Satan less they think the world revolves around the US and more they just hate the US. There was an interview with a couple of BLM founders who outright stated they were "trained Marxists" so take that what you will.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun wanna hear a joke?. Someone wanted their account deleted in the forums because they "realized" MD is a platform that enforces political agendas.

Double-page supporter
You all forget that cute is justice. Therefore a cute slave is justice too.

Users who are viewing this thread