Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

• Anime-Only Ending Music

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Emotional Music (Anime, Games, Movies)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Video Game Town/City/Village/Civilization Music

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Relaxing Music

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Video Game-Only Intro/Opening Music

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Non-English/Japanese/Korean/Chinese Music

• Vocal Insert Songs In Anime/Games/Movies

• Other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
Crying for Rain - Domestic Na Kanojo
The World - Death Note
Shinzou Wo Sasageyo! - Shingeki No Kyojin
Limit Breaker X Survivor - Dragon Ball Super

The World - Death Note
Shinzou Wo Sasageyo! - Shingeki No Kyojin
Outset Island WW

Devilman No Uta - Devilman (1972)
I only had heard this song in the remix version from Crybaby
The original is as much as good, and as a bonus, it have that old style that reminds me of the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons (๑˘◡˘๑)
Katayoku No Tori - Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Sasageyo is all around nice, but the ominous tragedy feels from Katayoku no Tori impresses me much more
Tell Me Why - Berserk

Dex-chan lover
Group G-1

Pursuing My True Self - Persona 4 -Reincarnation- VS Crying for Rain - Domestic Na Kanojo
Devilman No Uta - Devilman (1972) VS The World - Death Note
Shinzou Wo Sasageyo! - Shingeki No Kyojin VS Katayoku No Tori - Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Tell Me Why - Berserk VS Limit Breaker X Survivor - Dragon Ball Super

@ColorfulSoy:
Hmm.. The ending is something I want, but not.. in that way...
Differences aside, at least we both agree Momo has the best ending. I still remember smiling at that one panel in the final few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Again im reminded that gen forums have shit taste in music.

Pursuing My True Self - Persona 4 -Reincarnation- VS Crying for Rain - Domestic Na Kanojo
Shinzou Wo Sasageyo! - Shingeki No Kyojin VS Katayoku No Tori - Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Group Leader

Crying is moody, yet keeps me listening. The vocal is great and I can feel the emotion behind her singing. Definitely one of the more interesting tracks I discovered in this tournament. Persona 4 has plenty of good tracks, but unfortunately, this is not one of them.

Oh, wow. This was a tough match. I was genuienly surprised by how good DevilMan turned out to be. It certainly has that classic feel to it, but it's still a blast to listen to. The World is still one of the most memorable and exciting opening songs in anime I've watched. Both are exciting to listen to from start to finish. My vote goes to Death Note, because its vocal and instruments are slightly closer to my preference, but I'm definitely gonna listen to DevilMan again once in a while.

Hm... Both of these songs are great. But not too close. Shinzou feels intense and exciting throughout the song, so it's more consistent. Katayoku started out very very very epic, and then after 15 seconds or so, it... loses all of that epic feel. It's not a bad song, but the rest of the song feels a bit letdown for me. It's still good and I'd listen to it again, but not enough to beat Shinzou.

Tell Me Why isn't awful, but it has absolutely nothing impressive to wow me. It's just... forgettable. Limit Breaker is one of the best songs in Dragon Ball, if not the best, in my opinion. The first time I listened to this song, I was hooked right away. It's just chock full of excitement and upbeat from start to finish, combined with great vocal, and you have an incredible song. Used to listen to it over and over again before the full version was released. I can listen to this song everyday and not get bored. Oh wait, I'm already doing that, lol.

Outset Island WW

87b4c37e1ac3aa2835b72d21f3d755ca.jpg

Again im reminded that gen forums have shit taste in music.

Reported for violation of rule 1: be civil.

*votes for Berserk over DBS*

7zBH.gif

Dex-chan lover
Judging by the fact that searching "beteloteolrd" in google only shows this thread, I'm not too sure it's a real name.

Dex-chan lover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJa2kwoZ2a4

You know I would submit this but there is a problem it’s too high quality to fit into a anime And too high budget

Dex-chan lover
Crying for rain. Both were good
Devilman. Made me smile for some reason
Katayoku No Tori. Both were bad
Tell me why. Don't know I liked it

Group Leader
Sorry, internet wasn't working last night so I fell asleep until this morning.
015.gif
Time for the results!

Pursuing: MawMaw, hazzack, sterven (3)
Crying: bigtiddyoneesan, justforthelulz, kenx, comeonnow0, Rhaptopia, NauseatingKittenz188, LunaKara, phoenix_eD, Mr_Detective, Teddy (10)

Devilman: justforthelulz, kenx, LunaKara, sterven, Teddy (5)
The World: bigtiddyoneesan, MawMaw, hazzack, comeonnow0, Rhaptopia, NauseatingKittenz188, phoenix_eD, Mr_Detective (8)

Shinzou: bigtiddyoneesan, justforthelulz, kenx, hazzack, comeonnow0, Rhaptopia, phoenix_eD, Mr_Detective (8)
Katayoku: MawMaw, NauseatingKittenz188, LunaKara, sterven, Teddy (5)

Tell: bigtiddyoneesan, MawMaw, kenx, hazzack, LunaKara, sterven, Teddy (7)
Limit: justforthelulz, comeonnow0, phoenix_eD, Mr_Detective (4)

Mostly dominating results this group, huh?
And now, for the last group of round 1!

Group H:

Rightfully - Goblin Slayer VS Kishi Koushinkyoku - Sidonia No Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
Dreamy Date - Owarimonogatari VS Destin Histoire - GOSICK
Northern Lights - Shaman King VS Reimei - Golden Kamuy
Binary Star - Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These VS Let Me Hear - Parasyte

Crank up your volume, enjoy the music, and vote!
71.gif

And here's a word from one of our sponsors:

Taste these while you enjoy the songs!

Thaophuongnguyen-174119044151-sing-4.jpg

26.jpg

AdobeStock_185794485.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Group H-1

Rightfully - Goblin Slayer VS Kishi Koushinkyoku - Sidonia No Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
Binary Star - Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These VS Let Me Hear - Parasyte
Not really a fan of too much screaming.. But I did very much enjoyed the first ~20 seconds.

Hmm.. Today's tallying was late. Gonna +1 day for this round?

Contributor

Users who are viewing this thread