My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned as an S-Rank Adventurer - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
For one of the strongest adventurers, that seemed like a fairly slow reaction by Angie.
Reminds me of all those dramatic and tragic moments in video games: You mow down your enemies, absolutely unstoppable. Suddenly, a wild cutscene appears and you have to watch your character witness the imminent demise of a friend or teammate and your character doesn't move a muscle.

Fed-Kun's army
For one of the strongest adventurers, that seemed like a fairly slow reaction by Angie.
Reminds me of all those dramatic and tragic moments in video games: You mow down your enemies, absolutely unstoppable. Suddenly, a wild cutscene appears and you have to watch your character witness the imminent demise of a friend or teammate and your character doesn't move a muscle.
iirc from the novels, she was pretty tired here coz she always kept watch for assassins. The manga had to cut a lot of details but also Ange didn't expect the attack since its from a towns guard, someone she didn't think would do harm to citizens.

Dex-chan lover

Sounds like some of the scenes from Mynoghra...

Inescapable plot points.

Dex-chan lover
9hnx4lQ.png

kVl3iw4.png

so he choose death...
V92pIEE.png

ps: nothing touching you (r ass) from behind are good news

Dex-chan lover
I thought so, even more so when her specialty is speed.

Feels like the TV Series The Flash. Guy can move so fast he does a round-trip out a room and back under a second, but he blinks once and a villain with no super-power disappears from the scene with no chance of being found. Or he can knock out a room full of people in a second, but he still takes punches from dudes at normal speed. And his worst nemesis outside of speedsters like him is, to quote a critic on youtube, "a normal guy with a gun".

Granted, this was a bit of a surprise attack, but the guard didn't seem particularly fast. He drew his sword at normal speed (nothing like a "iaido" type of attack) and he clearly announced his move ("bad children must be killed"). For Viena's sake, the normal non-combattant priestess reacted faster than the two experienced fighters.

The author likely wants Charlotte to sympathize with the priestess as an opportunity to grow, recognizing that not all members of the cult are evil, but there were many ways to do this better.

Hopefully, they won't stack this kind of forced events too much.

Double-page supporter
I thought so, even more so when her specialty is speed.

Feels like the TV Series The Flash. Guy can move so fast he does a round-trip out a room and back under a second, but he blinks once and a villain with no super-power disappears from the scene with no chance of being found. Or he can knock out a room full of people in a second, but he still takes punches from dudes at normal speed. And his worst nemesis outside of speedsters like him is, to quote a critic on youtube, "a normal guy with a gun".

Granted, this was a bit of a surprise attack, but the guard didn't seem particularly fast. He drew his sword at normal speed (nothing like a "iaido" type of attack) and he clearly announced his move ("bad children must be killed"). For Viena's sake, the normal non-combattant priestess reacted faster than the two experienced fighters.

The author likely wants Charlotte to sympathize with the priestess as an opportunity to grow, recognizing that not all members of the cult are evil, but there were many ways to do this better.

Hopefully, they won't stack this kind of forced events too much.
I understand where you guys are coming from but I think this may have just been something the mangaka wasn't able to portray properly, as in the Light novel (Volume 3 pg 170 on Amazon Kindle) it mentioned that the guard SUDDENLY drew his sword, but in the manga, it seems like the guard took an eternity to take out his sword.

Also, as flare77 mentioned Angeline was very tired, as she was constantly on guard in most places to ensure no sneak attacks, so she reacted slower then she normally would. (Hence the reason Angeline went to visit yuri, since Yuri being an AAA ranked adventurer, Angeline could relax a little bit with her around)

But yea, it is kinda weird Byaku didn't react fast enough as some of you mentioned, but I think his vigilance was a lot lower then normal since he was kinda relying on Angeline, since she did say to rely on her etc etc

Anyhow, as you guys said, there probably was a better way to have Charlotte reconcile with the fact that not all members of Vienna Church are evil

Dex-chan lover
LOL I like this manga but the comments are right, if you can't win her over with logic just make her sacrifice herself with a random event. It felt hamfisted
To be fair, logic or an argument isn't what she needs. Her criticism is in the hypocrisy of other religious figures. No logic or words would work because the problem is that they didn't follow their own logic or words. She needs to see them commit to their beliefs, which can only be proven with some kind of sacrifice. After all, people can say whatever they want until it costs them.

Dex-chan lover
I bet everything I own that the pipsqueak will suddenly use healing magic to save the nun.

Users who are viewing this thread