My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Destruction Embraced

Dex-chan lover
With the collective amount of mental gymnastics people perform in here to portray Yuni anything but a cheating attention whore, we could aim to end world hunger in our lifetime. Jesus christ. Everybody lost in this chapter since going out with Yuni is not really a win lol.

Dex-chan lover
Guess we gotta keep the train wreck going even more, but let’s load it with some additional dynamite for when it decides to crash.

Well domestic girlfriend had 200 something chapters so the author has a big milestone to follow. That said domestic girlfriend was weekly series and not here to day is a monthly series so I should expect something closer to 50 chapters to mirror the same series length.

Dex-chan lover
To keeps thing interesting IMO is to make Yuki the personification of this comment section and try to smash "common sense" into Nanase and actively working on breaking them up. So far, Yuki is the normie girl with normie action and normie attitude (a bit too clingy but whatever). So her being a reflection of both positive and toxic parts of social norm is kinda in-character and also shows that she is flawed like the rest of the cast.

Dex-chan lover
what a load of horshit this white knight defender of cheating this is, BRO did the last chapters didn’t guve you ANY feeling how fucking narcisistic yuni is?? she was getting her brest nicly feel up and STILL blame her gf for what? good god you people love cheaters way to much
Didn't defend cheating. Just disagree with the characterization that she's a narcissist. If anything, I'd say she's submissive and co-dependant. She seems weak to a more aggressive, "Dom", approach. Nanase took charge this chapter and she basically swooned. Just look at her face on page 24

EDIT: Nanase is a trash girlfriend, Yuni is a piece of shit for cheating. Both can be true at the same time

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! get the feeling this one ain’t headed for a good end and I’m fully here for the ride.

Dex-chan lover
Avoiding something like the plague would mean actually avoiding it. Either way, announcing that you take pride in avoiding the genre of the work being discussed speaks of a serious inability to read the room
Assuming that I 'take pride' in avoiding this genre when I never said I took pride in anything speaks *to a serious inability to read in general. ;):coffee:

Dex-chan lover
reading the comments
😎🍿🍿
Cheers, mate :aquadrink:. The only comment section I found more hilarious than this one is under the "one-sided crush NTR" doujin where the MC has no chance in the first place yet still get cucked for being beta (not actually NTR by the way). The amount of incel there is unbelievable.

Dex-chan lover
Assuming that I 'take pride' in avoiding this genre when I never said I took pride in anything speaks *to a serious inability to read in general. ;):coffee:
Yeah we’re all here to witness a train wreck, we just need gigguk to make a 25 minute long video about how this manga one ups domestic girlfriend.

Group Leader
013.gif
"Stay away from my girlfriend" who I totally neglected, barely paid attention to her, didn't want to acknowledge her existence, do things that I have no problems doing with other people with her, and even forgot our anniversary. Yuni got away too easily with her cheating, too, I think.

Apparently, there's only one volume left? Well, let's see how things end.

I think I know what is the problem here.
People don't make a difference between someone being poly and cheating.
To many it looks the same (from the outside, I suppose), and they hate poly relationships same as they hate cheating.
But cheating and being poly is not the same.

In this manga is obvious that starting relationship Yuni-Nanase was unfulfilling and needed compromises from both sides. Unresolved disbalance between them opened the door to Fuuko to come in and keep the balance on.
But it was made secretly, at first, behind Nanase's back.
In the meantime, Yuni starts to feel something more for Fuuko, even if she still loves Nanase.

Now it's too late for Nanase to pull back Yuni from Fuuko. Symbiosis is already established. And Nanase won't be able to keep her promises to Yuni. She is attention seeker more than Yuni is, and type who is taking everything but giving not much, or giving nothing at all.

Yuni-Nanase relationship needs serious compromise to survive. If Nanase wants club and Yuni, she must accept Fuuko, who fulfills the void between Nanase and Yuni.

There are much more relationships than we know, relationships between two people who needs additional compromises to function normally.
Let's say if we have a loving husband and wife, and husband gets injured so he can't give all of himself to wife, but needs her total care. Should she leave him and find someone to fulfill all her needs?
Should he deny her needs?
They should find a compromise, and probably find the third person (or another couple) to be included in their marriage. But that third person must be respectful and trustful toward both of them. There's nothing wrong to find compromises in relationships of any type.
But it does not matter how many persons are involved, they must be faithful and respectful to each other same as it's only about two persons relationship, who love and respect each other and are faithful and lovingkind .
Everything can be turned dirty or noble, choice is ours.

Double-page supporter
I'm not sure I get the poly ending comments. Nanase has clearly shown that she wants Yuni and Yuni only. This very chapter she told Fuuko to step away from her girlfriend and then told her to leave them alone. That isn't someone who is willing to share. She wants to be exclusive.

This ends with a breakup because of Yuni cheating again, or Nanase and Yuni miraculously solving all their issues (big lol).

Dex-chan lover
Are we reading the same manga? How is it abusive/toxic?
Nanase doesn't get much about relationships, and loves what she does, but she also loves Yuni
And Yuni didnt even try to actually get it through to her, that she wants attention, just giving Nanase some hints, which she didn't get
They both are just awkward as fuck, and Fuuko took advantage of that
humanity is way more grey than what ur writting here.

nanase may love yuni, but theres one problem - she almost never gave a fuck abt yuni, hurting her a lot. if this wasnt unhealthy relationship, then i dont know what that was. ppl arent things that u can own, fuuko saw that nanase didnt care abt her partner and she used that occasion to get closer to yuni.

its impossible to convey everything to ur partner abt what ur feeling. relationships are hard, especially if ur poly

Dex-chan lover
I also think Yuni is poly. Probably still doesn't know she is poly, and how can she know and discuss about it yet unaware of it? She clearly said she wants Nanase AND Fuuko when Fuuko asked her for the first time to decide and dump her if she wants Nanase. She didn't, but now she was compelled by Nanase to choose.

Behaving like a poly is in her nature.
From that poly perspective she isn't cheating so there are no serious consequences for her actions. And that's why she is "passing" through manga practically unharmed.

There's a "hierarchy" in faithfulness, primary is being true to yourself, secondary to be true to other close to you.
Even if Nanase did not know from the beginning for Yuni and Fuuko, Yuni was true (true poly) however you turn the situation. It's only a question about compatibility.
As poly, "her" choice to get back to Nanase and be only with her is ridiculous.
She won't forget Fuuko even if she tries.

This is my objective opinion about poly and monogamy. I'm accepting all people as they are, and they are not wrong to be as they are.
THIS!!!

ppl doesnt know a shit abt us and are saying it as if we knew we are poly since are birth. it doesnt work like that. sad poly expierence

Dex-chan lover
do note, the cheater kept the ear ring, which was on prominent display throughout her claim to be loyal...

yeah, she won't be very long and we'll see the fuuko simps get their W at some point

aoi

praying for ch 11-15 so I can finally join in on the shitstorm 🙏

Dex-chan lover
do note, the cheater kept the ear ring, which was on prominent display throughout her claim to be loyal...

yeah, she won't be very long and we'll see the fuuko simps get their W at some point

She never promised anything. She still thinks of herself as the victim. She is not right in the head. But give it a few chapters and she will cheat again.

Users who are viewing this thread