Namaiki na Gal Ane wo Wakaraseru Hanashi - Ch. 5 - Explanation ①

Dex-chan lover
I don't judge too much since I ain't a saint myself either, I ain't gonna throw stones that can easily boomerang back to me.
I originally made this throwaway account because I revenge sniped a guy who deliberately sniped a translator out of spite and malice because the translator didn't want to work with him, and made the translator quit scanlation. Doing things out of spite and malice never leads to anything good really, it's just self destructive. You're better off doing things you like and enjoy, not out of bringing suffering to others honestly. Resentment is like taking poison to kill another person.

I don't think I'm a saint either, but at least I don't deliberately try to be an asshat just out to ruin the fun for other people. Although I step on others peoples' toes all the time I guess, but that's not out to deliberately harm them.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, that makes sense now that I think about it, I couldn’t understand what was happening at all despite it being fully in English. Thanks for the info:salute:
You can get MTL to make sense if you put some effort into it. The issue is most likely that he just puts the thing into OCR, translates it without any adjustments, and then just edit it afterwards. For bubbles that aren't connected the text will not make sense. You need to rearrange the text and put it together to a whole sentence to make any sense of it. Honestly this is usually why MTL doesn't make sense a lot of the time, if you put some work into it, it usually becomes at least understandable to a degree. Most of the gibberish in MTL is usually caused by OCR mistakes (like I wrote or failing to pick up text). But using tools like ichigoreader and cotrans won't do this for you, you need to put in additional work.
MTL should really be a last resort solution, but it's getting really hard to get translators these days. It's also a time sink if you want to do it properly, compared to a translator using 20-30 minutes translating a chapter without mistakes, MTL with proper editing takes 2-3 hours and won't ever be as good really.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, so she's going back to get her bag like in the pre-serialization. I'm really curious to see how the author will fill in those black bars:

0fd5vMV.png
Yeah I'm going to need the author to take a different path with that.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so she's going back to get her bag like in the pre-serialization. I'm really curious to see how the author will fill in those black bars:

0fd5vMV.png
My first thought was that this was April Fools dialogue, but then I realized that the whole page was authentic.

Dex-chan lover
Here are some comments from the Japanese public on the Young Jump app:
So turns out the wrong magazine offered to serialise. Had Young Magazine made that offer instead there wouldn’t be a need for the mangaka to do parallel universes

It’s like as if NHK asked a wildly famous JAV director to make a serious documentary about the LDP and then expecting reference to any sex scandals to not come up :02:

Dex-chan lover
I don't get this, there's more or less been a direct translation of all the prior events but with different context that gives a complete different meaning to events. I prefer it this way, a hell of a lot more. I just wonder if Author-chan thought there was a misunderstanding in the prior presentation rather than the fact that we understood but it was just a horrendous sequence of events.

Clarity that FMC isn't getting date raped and just generally whoring afaik is better than the original. At least I hope she wasn't actually whoring this whole time.

Edit: Also this art is so goddamned good I will come back for whatever anyway

Users who are viewing this thread