Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

Banned
I remember first time I read about Neeko was 3 years ago, at that time she is only one of art creqted by aldehyde and doesn't even have a name yet, and i remember laughing at it. Back to the present i am now the same age as neeko and her depressing thought is too real for me.

Dex-chan lover
She forgot the word "optimist". Now I can't wait for the next chapter. And her little sister is hot!

Aggregator gang
That face on the lunch at the end... that passive aggressive salt is kinda cute there.

Dex-chan lover
@MacMeaties Right? Granted, Japan is not exactly the land of psychotherapy, but she clearly needs it. I've been where she is - and in some ways still am there - and I don't know if I'd even still exist if not for therapy.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure if I should even be reading this series. It feels like it gets even more crushing with almost every chapter. I stuck with it because I appreciate seeing such a relatable protagonist. But it might be doing more harm than good in terms of my emotional wellbeing.

Aggregator gang
I've been in Neeko's position as well. Bah, I pretty much still am. But I'm a great example of how therapy is definitely not a necessary thing to go through when in such a depressed, useless state.

As a total NEET you have a ton of time to THINK. About anything, really. You just need to realize that you have problems and stop passing time randomly and instead give your mind some more time to think about yourself and your life. I trust myself much more than some stranger who's somehow supposed to know about me more than I do. I believe that you can easily become your own therapist.

After dedicating myself more time to such contemplations, after a while, I basically changed my whole persona from a depressed useless maggot to what you'd call a "genki" funny guy, similar to those kinda stupid friends of some protagonists in anime and whatnot... who's still rather useless, but working on it.

Soon enough, I'm about to go on a probationary period - customer service, heh. We'll see how somebody with pretty much social anxiety will fare with that, I guess. Even if I were to fail, the important thing is that I'm trying to do something about my situation at all. As long as there is some motivation, there is always some hope for a better future.

Aggregator gang
This is so sad, like for real. She needs a therapist, or some help. I feel so bad for her specially because I've been in a similar situation.

Contributor
Dvbl7l1V4AE2NAS.jpg

@MacMeaties As someone who went through this from Neeko's side, I can tell you that a lot of times the family doesn't want to admit there's something wrong. It's not out of maliciousness, or callousness, but because there's a feeling (for parents at least) that if something's wrong, that means that they've failed. If you can convince yourself it's just a phase, or something like that, then you can still think you're a successful parent, but society (ESPECIALLY Japanese society) tends to treat the failure of the child as a failure of the parent. And even with all the advocacy and talk about how mental illness is poorly treated, people still can't get over the idea that it's not real ("you're just lazy" "try thinking happy").

Basically, while it's not alright, it's also understandable that the parents are willfully ignoring the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread