New feature: Manga volume cover galleries! Site usage has been increasing significantly over the past month, please support us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
Nice Feature, Also can you make Progress Bar when uploading, and Notification if Images failed to upload.
I dont know when the images I upload stuck,

Edit : just as Harry_Dong said, What if there is 2 version
Onii-chan is Done For has 2 version of cover
Physical Tankobon, and Digital Format
Which Volume should i use?? or I must use both with "footnote feature" included??

Contributor
Good stuff but there are already two duplicate cover in the example of Slime above, the volume 9, should be added a option to report or better a delete option.

About support i will donate again next year in January, and i will do it every year as much as i can. ?

ps: If the server cost become an issue and donations aren't enought some not invasive ads without hidden script is also a good solution, nothing wrong with them as long as they are monitored.

Dex-chan lover
@Holo Would you allow for other images too other than manga covers (eg. Best Character voting result-illustrations, crossovers covers or a chapter's title page/page 1 illustrations?)

Not fan art or anything like that obviously.

Fed-Kun's army
Some argument in the past was about the spoiler-ish nature of manga covers, which led to several heated discussion in the forums. Any idea how to solve this problem except for the obvious "Don't open the cover tab"?

Miku best girl
Admin
@GerryCerryBerry Yeah, I think "Don't open the cover tab" is the best way forward. Maybe in future once the read volume/chapter tracking improved, volumes that the reader hasn't read yet could be hidden or something.

@idle_af Due to the difficulty of converting crypto back into fiat currency, I haven't explored the option of accepting them yet.

Contributor
This new cover gallery idea is very nice. Seems like a good reason to change the rule for what covers should be used for a series though, to it always being volume 1.

Contributor
IF YOU WANT BEST QUALITY IMAGES FOR COVER THEN DO THIS:
Go to bookwalker, to page of manga covers you want.
Open cover picture featured there or copy it's link. Example https://c.bookwalker.jp/8646713/t_700x780.jpg
See that number 8646713? Reverse sequence of number and minus 1. You get 3176467
Paste that number in there http://cc.bookwalker.jp/coverImage_[?????].jpg
And you get best picture possible
http://cc.bookwalker.jp/coverImage_3176467.jpg

Contributor
Cool idea, a couple of things:
-If a manga is blocked from edits, you can't add covers (komi-san as an example)
-you should be able to delete your own cover uploads (or at least allow contributors to do so)

@Holo, so it is, sorry, I was looking for the familiar PP logo among the MC/Visa etc logos, but it came out when clicking the pay button. Thanks!

Contributor
Is there a way to make it not go to cover tab when pressing on cover image.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@viliml Pages get locked if there's controversy over certain details (such as what the title should be, or what the cover image should be). We don't allow edit wars.

Group Leader
I tried to upload the covers for the manga I'm currently translating (Taizo Mote King Saga), but after doing so, they don't appear in the cover page.
I even tried different browsers, but the covers page is still empty.
Reading this thread I can't figure out if I did something wrong, what should I do?

Group Leader
If you need to increase the size of your image or improve the quality of an old, low-rez image, or both, I recommend https://waifu2x.booru.pics/. It can double the size and drastically reduce noise in images. It does have limitations: Maximum file size: 8M, 3840x3840 pixels.

You can use it for locally stored images or get images from the web. I've used it directly on the cover images of a book on ebookjapan.:

https://mangadex.org/title/22556/neeko-wa-tsurai-yo/covers

Group Leader
@Holo
I discovered that it's a problem with the browser I used to upload the covers.
I don't know if it was a particular configuration or something else, but by using a different uncustomized browser I could upload a cover.
After I discover what the issue with the browser is I'll make a bug report, either here or to the browser developers.
Thanks and sorry for the noise.

Edit:
Now the "broken" browser works too, somehow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something's going on, but it's likely to be browser-side, not with the site.

@Holo the "Follow" button now appears under the image instead of between the other two action buttons, is that okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread