Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - To Each and Their Own Tomorrow

Dex-chan lover
This chapter did got me thinking, since japan uses a lot of US imported aircraft, and much more. At what point does the issue of maintenance of those machines becomes an issue? since japan probably doesn't have the capability to produce the components. Was that ever addressed in the novel? or do we just ignore it and pretend that aircraft just don't need maintenance. furthermore what about civilian infrastructure? Since 90% of electricity is imported, where do they get all of it?

Maybe Im just overthinking it, but it would be nice seeing some viewpoint from the civilian and military perspective regarding those issues.

1.) Many of the aircraft are licensed and built by Japan. The F-15J series is built by Mitsubishi in-country. The F-2 as well (which contrary to what many thing is not just a Japanese F-16, it's a different airframe with proprietary parts and manufacturing). It's the support aircraft and the like that aren't licensed. It's actually surprising how much they do license. Their CH-47 Chinooks are licensed and built in Japan. And so are their SH-60 Blackhawk/SeaHawk/JayHawk derivatives.

The only real blind spot that isn't licensed or doesn't have indigenous options for the Japanese are airborne early warning aircraft, ELINT/EW systems and worst of all tanker aircraft. All of that is export-design dependent that is not covered by locally produced aircraft and could not for years to come.

2.) I don't know where you get the idea that 90% of Japan's electricity is imported. It isn't. I think you conflated that with oil/gas/coal figures. Japan still has a bunch of nuclear power plants operating even after the Fukushima disaster in 2011 ( Which was a disaster of TEPCO's own making because other nuclear power plants in the region upgraded their tsunami measures when it was found they were inadequate - TEPCO, who owned and managed the Fukushima plant, didn't because they didn't want to spend the money and even during the disaster they were more concerned about not looking bad and covering up the ongoing disaster. When you put corrupt and incompetent shitheels in charge of something, it's going to end badly. ) Sadly, this turned public sentiment against nuclear power for the most part, but the infrastructure is still there and still being used... Because it has to be. Nuclear power is the only realistic power that Japan can utilize.

And I remember even early on in the manga when the first representatives went to Japan there was someone mentioning about the electrical problem. In case something like this happening, nuclear power would be green lit and all the political barriers would be removed overnight.

As far as oil goes, Japan has a strategic oil reserve much like America does... past tense is more applicable there thanks to this administration's policies... where they have almost 500 million barrels of oil in reserve. That's enough for almost 300 days of regular consumption. Double, triple or quadruple that depending on the level of rationing you wish to take.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The mention of America does bring up a point that will likely not get addressed in the manga at all. But if the entirety of Japan was transported including all of their warships and things like that, wouldn't a fairly sizable number of American soldiers and equipment also be transported? Just a quick google shows that over fifty thousand American troops are usually stationed there along with warships. Unless they somehow got magically left out of the transportation and just... fell into the ocean, a fairly large contingent of the JSDF would likely have US military wondering what the hell has happened.
I was thinking the same thing a few chapters back! We got Air and Naval bases all over there.

Dex-chan lover
Since when were those two lovers? That happened? When?🤣🤣

You know that feeling when your certain a manga will tern into an anime.
THIS. This one right here folks.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that in the end all enemy royalty will be free from punishment more or less due to diplomacy stuff.
At worst, house arrest or something like that.
Or maybe the royalty will get same treatment like Japanese Emperor after world war 2 end.
That's my exact thought. After having your citizens slaughtered, Japan is depicted as rather "soft" in this manga. Even their ambassadors don't seem to have a great spine. It's a little sad and makes it seem... unrealistic (not that I hate the manga).

Since when were those two lovers? That happened?🤣🤣

You know that feeling when your certain a manga will tern into an anime.
THIS. This one right here folks.
Who were those two even? Is it that female majesty who got crowned and the woman who hugged her? I was perplexed and even wondered if she was just there to help calm the royal in case of bad dreams 😱

1.) It's not 2005 anymore. The F-35B exists.
2.) The JSDF has already bought F-35Bs and there are plans to operate them off the Izumo like how the USMC operates them off of LHDs.
Unfortunately, when the Japanese transferred, they didn't have an F-35B. They transferred several years before the F-35B came to Japan.

Dex-chan lover
2.) The JSDF has already bought F-35Bs and there are plans to operate them off the Izumo like how the USMC operates them off of LHDs.
Min-min already said that the F-35 will not be featured in the story since the transfer happened in January 2015. The F-35B declared IOC in July 2015

1.) Many of the aircraft are licensed and built by Japan. The F-15J series is built by Mitsubishi in-country. The F-2 as well (which contrary to what many thing is not just a Japanese F-16, it's a different airframe with proprietary parts and manufacturing). It's the support aircraft and the like that aren't licensed. It's actually surprising how much they do license. Their CH-47 Chinooks are licensed and built in Japan. And so are their SH-60 Blackhawk/SeaHawk/JayHawk derivatives.

The only real blind spot that isn't licensed or doesn't have indigenous options for the Japanese are airborne early warning aircraft, ELINT/EW systems and worst of all tanker aircraft. All of that is export-design dependent that is not covered by locally produced aircraft and could not for years to come.

2.) I don't know where you get the idea that 90% of Japan's electricity is imported. It isn't. I think you conflated that with oil/gas/coal figures. Japan still has a bunch of nuclear power plants operating even after the Fukushima disaster in 2011 ( Which was a disaster of TEPCO's own making because other nuclear power plants in the region upgraded their tsunami measures when it was found they were inadequate - TEPCO, who owned and managed the Fukushima plant, didn't because they didn't want to spend the money and even during the disaster they were more concerned about not looking bad and covering up the ongoing disaster. When you put corrupt and incompetent shitheels in charge of something, it's going to end badly. ) Sadly, this turned public sentiment against nuclear power for the most part, but the infrastructure is still there and still being used... Because it has to be. Nuclear power is the only realistic power that Japan can utilize.

And I remember even early on in the manga when the first representatives went to Japan there was someone mentioning about the electrical problem. In case something like this happening, nuclear power would be green lit and all the political barriers would be removed overnight.

As far as oil goes, Japan has a strategic oil reserve much like America does... past tense is more applicable there thanks to this administration's policies... where they have almost 500 million barrels of oil in reserve. That's enough for almost 300 days of regular consumption. Double, triple or quadruple that depending on the level of rationing you wish to take.

That makes sense, thanks for explaining it.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter did got me thinking, since japan uses a lot of US imported aircraft, and much more. At what point does the issue of maintenance of those machines becomes an issue? since japan probably doesn't have the capability to produce the components. Was that ever addressed in the novel? or do we just ignore it and pretend that aircraft just don't need maintenance. furthermore what about civilian infrastructure? Since 90% of electricity is imported, where do they get all of it?

Maybe Im just overthinking it, but it would be nice seeing some viewpoint from the civilian and military perspective regarding those issues.
definitioninsanity already explained that a lot of the JSDF military airplanes are already manufactured in Japan under license.

As for Airliners, Japan does have the industrial capabilities to do so, many of Boeing parts are made in Japan, for example 35% of the 787 parts,like the wings, center wing and front fuselage are manufactured in Japan and shipped to the plant in the US to assemble in a 'just in time' logistic. Mitsubishi and Honda have designed and manufactured regional and private planes, the earlier didn't succeed because of long development and changing trends in air travel while the later did with their private plane. As explained by definitionofinsanity Mitsubishi, Kawasaki and Fuji design and manufacture military aircraft of their own or licensed designs as well as turbine engines.

They have all the capability to manufacture or reverse engineer the parts if push comes to shove and better and of much more quality than a certain country that have been hit with sanctions and barred from acquiring certified parts for their western airliners. Which comes back to being in another world, they'd be less pressed for certification or patents, any of Japan's major manufacturers could make the parts for a plane having the blueprints, measurements /tolerances and materials required, it's just the certification, patents and policing that bar the airline industry from being flooded with black market parts. Not that Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin,etc would come sue them for copying or reverse engineering parts or the whole plane now.

Even then, it's not like they'd be hard pressed or in need of brand new airliners for decades. If they start design for a new airliner now, they'd be finished and ready by the time their current 737s, A320/1s, 777s, 787s need to be replaced. Since Japan's teleportation was in 2015, that's around the time Mitsubishi was doing the first flights of their regional jet the "SpaceJet" and subsequent cancellation, they'd still be on time to offer it with a refresh or slight redesign for its shortcomings. Even if Japan's manufacturers start making their own airliners, they'd probably only do so at low volumes for local consumption at most sell to valued allies and wouldn't need massive plants like Boeing or Airbus that manufacture for every airline in our world.

And 90% of their electricity isn't imported or do you think Japan has underwater or overland electricty lines sending electricity from China or South Korea or any of their neighbors? Their electricity is generated by fossil fuel or nuclear power plants, so they import the fuel, not the electricity and that has been somehow solved with their oil trade with Qulia. OTOH all their Uranium is imported from Australia and other countries. Again it's not like they'd go through their nuclear fuel reserves in just a few months or years either. But...
In the WN/LN it's been hinted they resumed research on nuclear weapons. Now the question where do they get the materials? After Parpaldia lost the war, Japan gave them 2 options for reparations, pay in gold or give control of a certain region and the rights to mine the resources there, to the Parpaldians or that world standards, they thought there were no valuable resources there. One would theorize the Japanese found mineral resources that serve modern technology that is worthless to the other civilizations, either metals they don't know or can't process, rare earth metals or uranium.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, when the Japanese transferred, they didn't have an F-35B. They transferred several years before the F-35B came to Japan.
Min-min already said that the F-35 will not be featured in the story since the transfer happened in January 2015. The F-35B declared IOC in July 2015

I was talking about the real world plans for the Izumo.

Dex-chan lover
"Japan's F-35As were declared to have reached initial operational capability (IOC) on 29 March 2019. At the time Japan had taken delivery of 10 F-35As stationed in Misawa Air Base."

JP had only touched F-35A on 2019. I don't even think the JP in this manga is supposed to be post-2019 JP..

Edit: see? Thjs whole thing happened when JP didn't even know F-35 exist...

Dex-chan lover
"Japan's F-35As were declared to have reached initial operational capability (IOC) on 29 March 2019. At the time Japan had taken delivery of 10 F-35As stationed in Misawa Air Base."

JP had only touched F-35A on 2019. I don't even think the JP in this manga is supposed to be post-2019 JP..

Edit: see? Thjs whole thing happened when JP didn't even know F-35 exist...

...Literally right above your comment:
[]
[]
[]
V
I was talking about the real world plans for the Izumo.

That's just a fanfict reading. Literally strip off almost all major points of Japan Summon series and replacing all JP with US.

...And?

Dex-chan lover
...Literally right above your comment:
[]
[]
[]
V

...And?
1. I never worry about JP's real world izumo plan. You were talking about F-35. I was saying that, no F-35 existed at the time of the supposed transfer.

2. And what? Literally what I said. You don't just change the main character with Y and then say 'there's another story where this happen'. You know well that's not what I meant when I said US would have decimated them all if it were US in the first place. Fanfict author literally copy pasted almost everything and replaced JP with US.

Dex-chan lover
1. I never worry about JP's real world izumo plan. You were talking about F-35. I was saying that, no F-35 existed at the time of the supposed transfer.

1.) It did. It just wasn't in JSDF service.
2.) It doesn't matter what you're worrying about, because I was talking about the real life plans of the JSDF.

2. And what?

Exactly.

Literally what I said. You don't just change the main character with Y and then say 'there's another story where this happen'. You know well that's not what I meant when I said US would have decimated them all if it were US in the first place. Fanfict author literally copy pasted almost everything and replaced JP with US.

1.) You haven't read it. That is glaringly obvious if you dismiss it like that. Because it's not copypasted. It's an adaptation with a lot of differences in the story.
2.) Yes you can. That's the point of a fanfiction. The fact that it's also a very well done and adapted fanfiction and that your point is rather meaningless. The fact that it's a fanfiction doesn't matter. It's still a story where that happened. Quote me where I said "completely original 100% unique story (plz no steel)". You won't find it. What I said was truthful and accurate.

And if you really want me to utterly destroy your argument and showcase that it isn't relevant, what if I told you one of the most best selling novel series in modern times was mere fanfiction?

...Ever heard of "Fifty Shades of Grey"? Yeah, trashy romance kink novel. It sold over 150 million books. It made over HALF A BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS. It was adapted into multiple movies. It was the Harry-fucking-Potter of suburban housewife smut literature and a worldwide sensation.

Yeah. That. Guess what? It started out as a fucking Twilight fanfict. Shit you not. It's true. So... Argument rejected. What matters is not if something is a fanfic but if it's well written. And, yes, more to the novel would have to be changed in order to sell commercially. Guess what? Author of Fifty Shades of Grey did the same fucking thing. And... Don't try to argue with me that the isekai market is full of originality and authors not just outright ripping off stories almost verbatim. If the author of America Summons wanted to make it his own story and sell it he legally could do it just by changing some more details. Not like it hasn't happened before and/or can't be done. (Or, shit, he could work even with the original author and do it as a spin-off. Not like that hasn't happened before either. Rare, but it has been done.)

Dex-chan lover
1.) It did. It just wasn't in JSDF service.
So it didn't exist in Japan's military. So, it's still irrelevant to whatever we were talking.

2.) It doesn't matter what you're worrying about, because I was talking about the real life plans of the JSDF.
So it doesn't matter since you introduced a supposedly not-asked information that's not relevant to the story or discussion.

1.) You haven't read it. That is glaringly obvious if you dismiss it like that. Because it's not copypasted. It's an adaptation with a lot of differences in the story.
I did, and it had lots of similarity. The only things starting to change were later chapters far down the road. For the first like 30 novel chapters or so, it's a carbon copy.

2.) Yes you can. That's the point of a fanfiction. The fact that it's also a very well done and adapted fanfiction and that your point is rather meaningless. The fact that it's a fanfiction doesn't matter. It's still a story where that happened. Quote me where I said "completely original 100% unique story (plz no steel)". You won't find it. What I said was truthful and accurate.
It doesn't need to be 100% unique. But when what they were doing was ripping off the same story with a different character name, yeah I don't consider that as 'a story'. I can imagine it myself if all I do is change F-2 to F16 or JP to US or Type 10 to Abrams

Dex-chan lover
Two different royalties wakes up to see a different morning sky that gives them the same hope of winning the war. :)

Users who are viewing this thread