Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - To Each and Their Own Tomorrow

Dex-chan lover
Oho? Our newly crowned queen is in yuri relationship? 🤭
Makes me wonder how their ruling system works. Is she the only royal? If so, will she take a "husband" for the sake of leaving an heir? If she is the only one and doesn't take a husband, who will take over?
another fate she could meet is being sacrificed by the emperor. she gets publicly executed as the person guilty for dragging the empire into a war with japan. the emperor then tries to make peace with japan.
Suicide is another possibility. Given her understanding of the workings of the world and her calling Japan barbaric, she may be expecting them to do horrific things to her and considers death a better option.

Dex-chan lover
Those are ships of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF). The carrier is most likely one of the Izumo-class.

X9Irtih.png

1000w_q95.jpg

I think its a Hyuga class Helicopter Destroyer.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes the Izumo class Assault Vessel, right? Or are they already designated as carrier?
The otherworld should be grateful it's not America that is summoned...

There's over 50,000 Americans including USAF, USN and USMC forces that were summoned alongside Japan because of our bases and joint bases in Japan.

There's even the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) and the rest of the United States Navy's Seventh Fleet which is based out of Yokosuka, Japan.

There's an entire fleet (with a nuclear super carrier), an entire air force and an entire land warfare army in Japan that rivals their own and... they're just sitting there doing nothing.

Dex-chan lover
I think for this story, it was only the japanese people that were transported, or what the japanese people consider it's residents. There might be a few foreigners that were transported along japan, but I think it's only the civilians.

For all intents and purposes, let's just say that conveniently, all of the non-japanese that were stationed in Japan were outside of the country for one reason or another.

Nope. Author confirms United States Forces Japan was whisked alongside Japan.

Double-page supporter
I think for this story, it was only the japanese people that were transported, or what the japanese people consider it's residents. There might be a few foreigners that were transported along japan, but I think it's only the civilians.

For all intents and purposes, let's just say that conveniently, all of the non-japanese that were stationed in Japan were outside of the country for one reason or another.

I had a quick look in the wikia:

"The knowledge of the US is quite limited to countries in the New World, except Mu, the Holy Mirishial Empire and Gra Valkas Empire in which Mu officials describes a "demonic" country due to their tremendous military power compared to Japan while Gra Valkas doesn't seem to care as they stated the US is nothing special due to their arrogance."

"The US owns at least 7 Fleets and the 7th Fleet is mainly stationed on the Islands of Okinawa, mainly with the task to monitor China and the Korean Peninsula before transferring to the New World. After the transfer, their fleet was also transferred but now they serve as an advisor role for JSDF."

Dex-chan lover
Also:

The mention of America does bring up a point that will likely not get addressed in the manga at all. But if the entirety of Japan was transported including all of their warships and things like that, wouldn't a fairly sizable number of American soldiers and equipment also be transported? Just a quick google shows that over fifty thousand American troops are usually stationed there along with warships. Unless they somehow got magically left out of the transportation and just... fell into the ocean, a fairly large contingent of the JSDF would likely have US military wondering what the hell has happened.

Isekai is beyond doomed if murrican is also isekai'd

If it was US, there wouldn't be any chapter past 3..

There's already a story where this happens.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I believe Japan still has the death penalty, so she's going to die... well unless she ends up having a good legal case, which may be how it goes, because are there even "war crimes" in their world? What she had done may be completely legal, if not still immoral.

Web/Light Novel Spoilers

Actually the novels don't really focus much on punishing the heads of nations that Japan conquers. IIRC Remille actually manages to escape and fly under the radar for a long time; I don't even remember if they actually do capture her or not, though I want to say if they do, she's basically held prisoner in Tokyo crying at how stupid she was to underestimate Japanese superiority. I could be confusing her with another female superior from an enemy nation, it's hard to remember, and they barely devote any time to talking about these things.

Edit:

I went back and reread and they covered it more than I remembered, but it was still only half a chapter, and it's basically as I said - Remille is taken prisoner, cries over her insolence in prison, and then we never hear from her again

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes.
But in the near future with the situation with Gra Valkas. Japan will modified Izumo class to become real carrier (like Izumo that get modified in real life nowadays.) and build new carrier and Arsenal ship (Battleship size ship with a lot of VLS) lel
Izumo doesn't received a refit to become a full-fledged CV, and has no plans at all since the ship's design won't allow for a catapult to be installed on the deck (not to mention it'll be costly). What the Japanese MoD will do is to build 4 full-fledged CVs. Izumo and Kaga will remain as helicopter destroyers, unless Japan manages to make a STOVL based on AV-8B IIs from the USMC

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ah yes the Izumo class Assault Vessel, right? Or are they already designated as carrier?
If I recall correctly (failed to find it hopping through the previous chapters) the monument left behind by the ancient empire said something like "Once we return you shall fear US" and I've always suspected it was "U.S." That plus the other transfer incidents like the warriors of the sun made me wonder if these aren't transfers but copies. But the transfer of Mu makes that seem unlikely.

Yewa
Web/Light Novel Spoilers

Actually the novels don't really focus much on punishing the heads of nations that Japan conquers. IIRC Remille actually manages to escape and fly under the radar for a long time; I don't even remember if they actually do capture her or not, though I want to say if they do, she's basically held prisoner in Tokyo crying at how stupid she was to underestimate Japanese superiority. I could be confusing her with another female superior from an enemy nation, it's hard to remember, and they barely devote any time to talking about these things.

Edit:

I went back and reread and they covered it more than I remembered, but it was still only half a chapter, and it's basically as I said - Remille is taken prisoner, cries over her insolence in prison, and then we never hear from her aga
She is captured, brought to Japan and then is out of the picture. In a draft way down the line it is mentioned that she is still in prison because her trial is taking a very long time. That's pretty much it.
/ispoiler]

Makes me wonder how their ruling system works. Is she the only royal? If so, will she take a "husband" for the sake of leaving an heir? If she is the only one and doesn't take a husband, who will take over?

It's a manga invention, there is nothing about her sexual orientation in the wn/ln. I doubt the mangaka cares much about world building. :)

Dex-chan lover
I think a lot depends on whether Okinawa was isekai'd or not, as most US bases are stationed there. Japan was forced to accept US bases after WWII, but compromised to keep as many off the mainland as they could. Okinawa is like Japanese Puerto Rico. I don't know the exact breakdown of US troop numbers/base locations/equipment kept but I know that there is a US naval base in Tokyo Harbor.
Considering there's no explicit map showing Okinawa being there or not,we could assume that yes,Okinawa did come,since that would make the plot easier full proof.

And since another comment mentions that the US bases did integrate with the JSDF,it would be safe to assume those on Okinawa did as well.

Seems the author hasn't decided to show us yet,be it in this comic format nor the novel one(since none of the novel reader mentioned anything about them yet).

Dex-chan lover
I have a question. How long did they take to build an airstrip in Altaras? Landing that plane requires a pretty good landing strip or it will sink to the ground due to it's weight and jet engines definitely doesn't like dust in the air so they need to also prepare the area as well to prevent it.

If it were a turboprop plane then that's a whole different story.
Given the right tools,and simply using steel sheets overlaid on some land that was steam rolled,just an airstrip can be a week or two.

A full on concrete one probably a month or two,depending on concrete cure times for a slab that large.

This chapter did got me thinking, since japan uses a lot of US imported aircraft, and much more. At what point does the issue of maintenance of those machines becomes an issue? since japan probably doesn't have the capability to produce the components. Was that ever addressed in the novel? or do we just ignore it and pretend that aircraft just don't need maintenance. furthermore what about civilian infrastructure? Since 90% of electricity is imported, where do they get all of it?

Maybe Im just overthinking it, but it would be nice seeing some viewpoint from the civilian and military perspective regarding those issues.

Dex-chan lover
What the Japanese MoD will do is to build 4 full-fledged CVs. Izumo and Kaga will remain as helicopter destroyers, unless Japan manages to make a STOVL based on AV-8B IIs from the USMC

1.) It's not 2005 anymore. The F-35B exists.
2.) The JSDF has already bought F-35Bs and there are plans to operate them off the Izumo like how the USMC operates them off of LHDs.

Users who are viewing this thread