Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - To Each and Their Own Tomorrow

Dex-chan lover
OH SHIT, IS THAT THE MURICANS I SEE?!

freedom.jpg
You have to wait for the JMSDF carriers, as well as the 4 Yamato-class AEGIS railgun battleships

Dex-chan lover
Japan does have death penalty, and I would think they wouldn't change that aspect even in another world, at least not immediately, so I hope she will hang.
I really, really, hope the author isn't being an asshole and lets her walk away just because she's a cute bombshell. Anyone have spoilers?

Group Leader
Ah yes the Izumo class Assault Vessel, right? Or are they already designated as carrier?
The otherworld should be grateful it's not America that is summoned...
Except there are several American bases and a standby fleet in Japan that got summoned too. At the start of the series the U.S. bases agreed to merge with the Japanese SDF due to the situation.

Dex-chan lover
Empire thinking Japan uses Mu's technology (aka planes from WW1 era) :meguusmug:

Double-page supporter
will be fun to see when Remille gets surrendered to Japan and she learns that Japan's prisons have better living conditions than most of the empires citizens. lmao.
Japan does have the death penalty in very very extreme cases, if you ask me this is a very very extreme case.

Oh also Japan carries the death sentences by hanging so you know

Dex-chan lover
Who's the one with the urger to make Remille their waifu base on her presence in this chapter?

I will never replace Kirino my waifu !!!

Dex-chan lover
I believe Japan still has the death penalty, so she's going to die... well unless she ends up having a good legal case, which may be how it goes, because are there even "war crimes" in their world? What she had done may be completely legal, if not still immoral.
They do, it's the capital punishment for murder - and applied in cases where there were multiple instances of such. They have 7 execution chambers around the country where they hang people.

Double-page supporter
So far on Webnovel and light novel, it's still a helicopter carrier.
Yes.
But in the near future with the situation with Gra Valkas. Japan will modified Izumo class to become real carrier (like Izumo that get modified in real life nowadays.) and build new carrier and Arsenal ship (Battleship size ship with a lot of VLS) lel

Tju

Dex-chan lover
I believe Japan still has the death penalty, so she's going to die... well unless she ends up having a good legal case, which may be how it goes, because are there even "war crimes" in their world? What she had done may be completely legal, if not still immoral.
I knew about the death penalty.

however you other points may actually work in her favor. different culture and values may be seen as exonerating (at least partially).

another fate she could meet is being sacrificed by the emperor. she gets publicly executed as the person guilty for dragging the empire into a war with japan. the emperor then tries to make peace with japan.

Dex-chan lover
"War crimes" are just a definition and at the end of the day, in geopolitics might makes right. For example the United States Empire precludes itself from any responsibility for their war crimes and have an official policy to invade the Netherlands if any American is ever put on trial in the Hague. Every American president has violated the Geneva Conventions since the establishment of the Geneva Conventions. All this is to say that as the hegemonic most advanced military in the isekai, Japan could easily establish a global empire based on petroleum extraction.
The mention of America does bring up a point that will likely not get addressed in the manga at all. But if the entirety of Japan was transported including all of their warships and things like that, wouldn't a fairly sizable number of American soldiers and equipment also be transported? Just a quick google shows that over fifty thousand American troops are usually stationed there along with warships. Unless they somehow got magically left out of the transportation and just... fell into the ocean, a fairly large contingent of the JSDF would likely have US military wondering what the hell has happened.
I think a lot depends on whether Okinawa was isekai'd or not, as most US bases are stationed there. Japan was forced to accept US bases after WWII, but compromised to keep as many off the mainland as they could. Okinawa is like Japanese Puerto Rico. I don't know the exact breakdown of US troop numbers/base locations/equipment kept but I know that there is a US naval base in Tokyo Harbor.

Dex-chan lover
I have a question. How long did they take to build an airstrip in Altaras? Landing that plane requires a pretty good landing strip or it will sink to the ground due to it's weight and jet engines definitely doesn't like dust in the air so they need to also prepare the area as well to prevent it.

If it were a turboprop plane then that's a whole different story.

Users who are viewing this thread