Nihonkoku Shoukan

Group Leader
Bu the way in case you are interested. Yukkuri translated the LN too although Yukkuri work slowwwwww

LN VERSION:
https://yukkuri-literature-service.blogspot.com/p/nihonkoku-shoukan.html

Dex-chan lover
The web novel is amazing. Translator did a good job. Sad that the translation is slow to release. Manga hasn't progressed enough into the story, it's only at like the first few chapters of the web novel, so it doesn't give a sense of the tension. Web novel gets extremely intense. If I were to compare this story to Gate, this one is much more intense, with a lot of politics and diplomacy involved. It focuses more on naval and air warfare, less on land battle. A big difference is that this story doesn't have MC's, only temporary characters. What you get are parties made up of countries and their government organizations, and their policies and political views on how to interact with other nations. It's more of a big picture story, and you don't get heroes, like Lt. Itami.

I hope the manga gets as good as the WN, but manga panels are limited to how much can be conveyed when compared to solid pages of words.

"Mob of Deer" has a translation of about 1/3 of the WN.

Really terrible for now. Reads like the usual self-insert isekai, but for an entire country. Almost makes me want to petition the UN to please allow Japan to invade Manchuria again, since they'd clearly be super-humane this time around... It would also be cooler if Japan was using its ww2 homegrown units and technology and the locals weren't stuck at the Renaissance...

Dex-chan lover
@KINGwaldo Someone was changing Truck-kun's tires and he slipped off the jack. The impact of non-tire with the ground caused this calamity.

It's a shame the plot is about as deep as a measuring cup, because I'm a fan of the art style. Characters with masculine facial features (and different faces) are practically nonexistent in modern manga, along with things like realistic armor and post-medieval civilization. The concept of an entire country getting shunted over to another dimension is cool but Minorou absolutely butchered it.

Dex-chan lover
huh... 'sexual violence'... I haven't read the manga nor the WN but what is up with the content?

The Japanese sure do love to fellate themselves in these Isekai stories. I'd also rather see a small super elite unit like the SAS transported into a hostile world, where they have to at least worry about conserving ammunition and supplies. This Japanese power fantasy quickly gets dull.

It's our orangutan brains that find such pleasure in seeing opposing tribes get fucking destroyed by Earth's modern forces.

Users who are viewing this thread