No Home - Ch. 254 - Eunyung Baek 2 (8)

Dex-chan lover
@T-sama

I'll have a calm conversation if you want.

You reacted with a :this: to the commenter with summaries of future chapters. I'm surprised you didn't start doubting the existence of child services in South Korea again. You did it before.

Despite what you said, they do exist.

I cited a scholarly article specifically about child services in South Korea and patterns of neglect and abuse. That showed you were wrong, and you ignored it.

You can doubt the effectiveness of child services in South Korea. You've done it before. I don't care.

My problem is you have zero evidence to backup anything you say about the real world.

You doubt my experience. Okay. Give any counter evidence.

You doubt South Korean studies and reports. Okay. Give any counter evidence.

I don't care about your opinions on how things should be. I've literally said that before. It's when you talk about the real world that shows you have nothing.

---

@kirantine

It's a similar issue with you. You explicitly doubted the effectiveness of South Korean child services. I gave you the article, and you ignored it. Yet you reacted positively to the comment about the future chapters. I'm surprised you weren't shouting it down for mentioning they exist.

You have your experiences for a completely different country. You've given some basis, but for a completely different country.

You think I'm trying to get the last word and that I always need to be right?

I want either/both of you to show me wrong. I want either of you to give me any evidence for what you say. I want to learn about how the world works.

But so far, I've seen so little real world evidence from either of you.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0
There's nothing to converse about, Eunyung parents never got better, the spoilers reinforces that, and I never said child service don't exist, just pointed out if they ever do shit, because it  is common for them to never do shit in many cases when it comes to Asian countries.

You say have a calm conversation, but you never tried to have a conversation in good faith, you ignore other people arguments or even completely twist what they actually said, example, child services in South Korea, you didn't "prove" anything because I never said they don't exist, what I had said was obviously a exaggeration too since they doing shit isn't uncommon, or how I said truly shitty parents never get better, and you twisted that as me saying no abusive parent ever gets better.

You keep insisting you know better than everyone, you insisting you work with it doesn't give you more credibility, especially after defending abusive parents again and again.

You  never gave any proof of anything, your own experiences are nothing but anecdotes,  if people feel generous they might take it at face value, otherwise they'll probably assume it's all a lie, that's how the internet always worked.

The whole time you keep acting condescending and throwing a fit every time someone disagreed, because we're all supposed to accept you know better and we're all wrong, you had your chance for a calm conversation in good faith long ago, but you blew it up with your shitty attitude.

Your turn @kirantine

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0
There's nothing to converse about, Eunyung parents never got better, the spoilers reinforces that, and I never said child service don't exist, just pointed out if they ever do shit, because it  is common for them to never do shit in many cases when it comes to Asian countries.

You say have a calm conversation, but you never tried to have a conversation in good faith, you ignore other people arguments or even completely twist what they actually said, example, child services in South Korea, you didn't "prove" anything because I never said they don't exist, what I had said was obviously a exaggeration, or how I said truly shitty parents never get better, and you twisted that as me saying no abusive parent ever gets better.

You keep insisting you know better than everyone, you insisting you work with it doesn't give you more credibility, especially after defending abusive parents again and again.

You  never gave any proof of anything, your own experiences are nothing but anecdotes,  if people feel generous they might take it at face value, otherwise they'll probably assume it's all a lie, that's how the internet always worked.

The whole time you keep acting condescending and throwing a fit every time someone disagreed, because we're all supposed to accept you know better and we're all wrong, you had your chance for a calm conversation in good faith long ago, but you blew it up with your shitty attitude.

Your turn @kirantine
I would accuse you of turning and twisting my words, and I pointed that out numerous times.

And you're right that I misphrased it when I said you doubted the existence of South Korean child services. Yes, you are correct that you doubted their actions. I admit that. But the article I linked, which I've now linked three times, still shows you are wrong for the exact same reasons.

You say I've never proved anything? What you said was obviously an exaggeration?

You are very explicitly going against your own words where you said truly shitty parents NEVER get better. You are backtracking immensely.

I threw a fit when you triple downed on your extreme position, and now you're back tracking it because you are admitting it's an extreme position.

That's literally what I was always against, the extreme position that you repeatedly emphasized as being your actual position. Do you need me to quote your tripling down on it?

And you say I was condescending? I already admitted that yes, I was. I said that in previous comments. But that was in direct response to the attitude that you had not only started with but continued repeatedly.

It's so incredibly dishonest for you to now say it was clearly an exaggeration when you had triple downed on it before.

Dex-chan lover
@Baronoflight

Lol, petty. If you disagree on the other posts, fine.

But you put a strike on my post thanking the translator.

I don't actually care. It's pretty funny.

Double-page supporter
I'll reply to you and only you— well said!

Not sure who we're talking about (insert saiki k reaction face here), but there's no use talking to these kinds of people, they'll argue about everything down to the semantics of your words just to go "aha! see I'm right" and have the last say till you give up, just like my older brother.

Best to let elder people be, they're old, so have a hard time changing.

Dex-chan lover
I'll reply to you and only you— well said!

Not sure who we're talking about (insert saiki k reaction face here), but there's no use talking to these kinds of people, they'll argue about everything down to the semantics of your words just to go "aha! see I'm right" and have the last say till you give up, just like my older brother.

Best to let elder people be, they're old, so have a hard time changing.
No surprise. Instead of talking it out, you just ignore things you don't like.

I even told you, @kirantine, very directly in the last chapter that I was specifically against the extreme position of T-sama. You acted like T-sama never said the extreme position that they had repeated three times, and I even pointed it out to you.

There was no point talking to people who change their position just to avoid criticism. They'll always be right no matter what, even when you quote their own words back to them.

Both of you are embarrassments, and your own words show that.

Double-page supporter
Anyone else would want to see this animated? It's such a shame No Home isn't well known in English speaking fandom but at the same time I'm glad I'm not seeing discourse on Eunyung. I can imagine he'll be the fandom favorite but also the fandom hated. 😂😩

But if they animate this it has to be like, the whole thing like Dungeon Meshi. No use in animating just parts of it and then stopping.

Anyone else would want to see this animated? It's such a shame No Home isn't well known in English speaking fandom but at the same time I'm glad I'm not seeing discourse on Eunyung. I can imagine he'll be the fandom favorite but also the fandom hated. 😂😩

But if they animate this it has to be like, the whole thing like Dungeon Meshi. No use in animating just parts of it and then stopping.
may i interest you in this piece of information which i don't quite understand:

Dex-chan lover
It's an animation advertisement/trailer. Other people said it was made to advertise the series without being a full thing. They've done a few more for it.

Double-page supporter
Yeah!! The PV is made by Studio Lico, also behind Alien Stage. Buuuut I don't think they're that big (in terms of people+resources) to be tapped for a full series, sadly, well afaik.

I've been looping the PV so many times because the song is so good!!! Honestly fits the vibe of the whole series so well.

Yeah!! The PV is made by Studio Lico, also behind Alien Stage. Buuuut I don't think they're that big (in terms of people+resources) to be tapped for a full series, sadly, well afaik.

I've been looping the PV so many times because the song is so good!!! Honestly fits the vibe of the whole series so well.
aah hope they take their time then if this is not a fluke
this manhwa rly rly deserves a good adaptation,,

wow super good divisive chapter, tbh Eunyung shouldnt have to hear all of that. He doesn't have to listen when she's busy making herself the victim. Its almost like he's the parent and she's the child. It all comes back to when Haejoon said that he only just realized that eunyung is just a boy. No one has treated him as one. I've been in a situation before where my mom started crying in front of me and it feels really unnatural. You have to bite back all of your feelings and be the mature one in the situation. It's best that Eunyung left that situation i just hope he doesn't have to come back to it.

also i think its a little unfair to blame eunyung for his behavior when he repeatedly stated he doesn't wanna be their or talk it out, It's his parents fault for pushing him to the edge

Last edited:
wow super good divisive chapter, tbh Eunyung shouldnt have to hear all of that. He doesn't have to listen when she's busy making herself the victim. Its almost like he's the parent and she's the child. It all comes back to when Haejoon said that he only just realized that eunyung is just a boy. No one has treated him as one. I've been in a situation before where my mom started crying in front of me and it feels really unnatural. You have to bite back all of your feelings and be the mature one in the situation. It's best that Eunyung left that situation i just hope he doesn't have to come back to it.

also i think its a little unfair to blame eunyung for his behavior when he repeatedly stated he doesn't wanna be their or talk it out, It's his parents fault for pushing him to the edge
Yes exactly….. especially since his mothers is venting about her experiences completely blind to the fact that she reflected the same experience unto him. I fully believe she wants to be a better parent but she keeps centering herself and how she feels while not considering Eunyung at all. If she wants him to stop lashing out she has to start by viewing him as a fully autonomous person and not just a difficult child to placate and control, regardless of how hard he is/was to raise.

This chapter hurts me a lot. I feel like what Eunyung doing is kinda unnecessary. He’s wasting his time trying to take revenge on their parents but he’s hurting himself in the process. I can see what he’s trying to do and why but I think it would be better if he just focus on himself instead of focusing on his parents. Not gonna lie, I feel kinda bad for the mother. Maybe is because she reminds me of my own mom. Idk.

Her words were very interesting. She starts trying to say that Eunyung is being an AH for mistreating his parents but then end ups her dialogue with a message of regret for forgiving her own father. I don’t know if she did it intentionally but it almost sounds as if she knows she deserves what she is getting and regrets not doing the same when she had the opportunity.

Sorry Eunyung’s mom, I feel you. However, you’re responsible for allowing this generational trauma instead of validating your son anger and accepting that you’re not exempted to any fault you could have just because you had it worse.

Aggregator gang
it's like he's know he's wrong and you can tell he regrets it a little bit when he turns away and his character turns into a figure crying, but this is all he knows. his parents have only taught him how to hurt others and themselves in the process. it makes me all the more curious to see where this all leads to. I think I've stated before how everyone in this story has had their main story long finished. But obviously, Haejoon being the main character developed a lot and that took up time. But everyone else has their arc early on and finished early on. Yet, for some reason we keep seeing Eunyung's story only grow more and more complex and distorted while everyone gets their solved.

it makes me wonder, what's going to be the end? Hell, we almost saw several times where I thought his arc was over. And yet, we keep seeing EUnyung fall down to the cycle of abuse he's had from the beginning. It's like we see him for the trash he was at the beginning, see him improve, see him thrive, just to see him fall again and again and again.

And interestingly, most of his story ends up with him and his relationship with Haejoon. Where they fight and butt heads, but ultimately Haejoon is the only person Eunyung can open up to and will genuinely listen to his advice. He reluctantly looks up to Haejoon and that's why despite it all, he keeps helping out Haejoon. But even with all of this, we still see Eunyung fall down despite all of Haejoon's efforts. So what's the purpose of all of this?

I just wanna know what about Eunyung's story needs to be told that it's basically prolonging the story from it's very close end. I thought I could guess what the end of no home was going to be, but honestly I'm not really sure anymore. Of course I love Eunyung, so I love seeing him full time now, but I just don't know how this story is trying to end.

Users who are viewing this thread