Of Course, I'll Claim Palimony! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
@PlatinumDisco
The heroines in the otome games tend to have similar situations. But the players never get the full backstory to events or people, nor see it from other perspectives, nor actually find out the actual situation.
And most of the main targets tend to be engaged or married, especially if nobility.
But from the novel perspectives, they're never really quite pleased with the arranged marriages because their fiancees either don't fawn over them or just don't act cutely, to make them feel protective.

@Robbini
I would call that cheating but since these stories are usually set in historical settings, women typically get casted aside just like that with little or no consequences on the target's side.
While i get the heroines never getting full backstory in games, their stories seemed to be twisted in most of the recent mangas/novels titles lol

Dex-chan lover
A Brawl is Surely Brewing!

Well, Julie will probably try to start something, but we'll get through it through the power of not giving a flying f-On that topic, I guess Julia is a reincarnator then, considering how she acts and actively tries to demonize the villainess. Moreover, she's even actively pursuing the reverse-harem ending.
Honestly, I much prefer the trope where the heroine and villainess become friends, but that's fine. She and Ramor are being really blatant about all this though. Does Yulia even need to collect evidence anymore?

The puppy character has arrived! And he knows how to speak Yulia's language ($).

@Thranyx I assume it's because Yulia acts differently here than in the Otome story, so their relationships are different.

Dex-chan lover
So it's come to the point that the 'bullied' heroine bullies the 'villainess'...

Dex-chan lover
@ShionVaynex
Neither of those first two has happened in till now. Which is why I said "It's come to the point". As in, she is now actively doing those things.

As for the latter; we call that a blessing.

Dex-chan lover
@PlatinumDisco
This is based on my understanding of otome games from novel (I just can't bring myself to actually play any)
Well, in most otome games, there's a villainess. Who's the fiancee of one of the main targets. That person understandably gets upset with the heroine seducing the target and tries to bully them. They tend to be somewhat prideful, haughty , elegant or anything that's just not trying to flirt, flatter or spend unnecessarily large amounts of time with the target. Partially due to personality, partially due to any possible queen training they might've had.
In comes the heroine. Usually a commoner, or a commoner who's then adopted or otherwise brought into a low-ranking noble house. They appearantly literally bump or run into or just notice the target(s). And then behave... like a very , very weak woman. So weak a breeze could knock them to the ground. This appearantly triggers the protective instincts of the targets, or after some time together they just take to the heroine like an emotional therapist, healing their insecurities or displeasure with their lives.

So then you've got this weak girl they're interested in, and suddenly she becomes harassed by someone. Who could it be ? Why is it happening ? Sometimes it's the actual villainess, sometimes it's their cronies, sometimes someone totally unknown, sometimes it's all a fake act to garner sympathy. And the villainess ? She doesn't feel sad about it. This just raises the target's ire even more in the situation.

Long story short, the targets are either seduced, brainwashed, fooled, extreme idiots to begin with or just swept into emotions. Novels or mangas give various reasons, none of which are really mentioned from the heroine's perspective in those cases where she's actually the MC of the novel / manga, or when she just has a POV briefly.

Then if you take any dating games, extremely few capture targets are married (atleast to my knowledge). Is that just because those games don't feature similar scenarios, because the heroes don't go for married or engaged women or the audience just isn't interested in it ? Who knows.

Dex-chan lover
Daaaamn, Matilda is a fine 65 old milf. (Ey! That's still pretty young for Elf standarts and she is some sort of spirit being.)
Julia is a full blown golddigger, alright. And I also dig the theory that Still-Fiancée is in cohorts with her. That book has no prophetic aspects to it. Julia just tries to copy it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Robbini

Actually MCs that go for married women exists, although they almost always are NTR games so...

Wait. Then are Otome games basically glorified NTR plots?!?

Dex-chan lover
@Stormdragon, he does keep his kink private. He hides it from everyone EXCEPT his mistress main character.
According to this chapter.

Group Leader
@De_LaBaiGa most otome games the male capture targets are single just like how in most dating sims the women capture targets are single. the villainess is more of an otome manga and novel trope rather than an otome game trope itself

Dex-chan lover
There is a severe lack of Matilda in this chapter
Bring back me waltzing matilda

Page 5 "...villaness bullies the protagonist but is eventually exposed and publicly denounced." why "but"? Shouldn't it be "...she is eventually exposed..."?

Users who are viewing this thread