Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 31 - Mokuri-san and Webs

Dex-chan lover
Weird they went with the “my friend was second hand hurt by an online troll and now I won’t use webs ever again” route instead of what I thought they were building “I want to be an artist that makes art that stands it’s own merits, and not popular due to being a quirky genjin novelty”
Missed opportunity imo
The problem with that is it's effectively saying "I don't want to create art with my God-given merits", which isn't particularly convincing. Her being a genjin is intrinsic, not an affectation or identity. It's precisely why the criticism "if I could do that I could do this too" is prima facie absurd, and not to abuse Latin too much, it's a non sequitur. To use an English phrase, if my nan had handles she'd be a bike.
First Page.
Mokuri is exaggerating there, no matter how she did that art, it was her who did it so of course they'll tell her name, the name of the person who did it.
If you've never made a concerted effort in a creative and competitive field, you might not understand the tension within putting your name on something you know isn't really self-expression, but is people-pleasing. It feels like getting praise for the wrong reasons. "I did not use my webs, so it is meaningless", she says.
So her friend was so sad that people were mean to her that she stopped being her friend? Someone explain how that makes literally any sense, please.
Japan has a strong culture of shame. I'd guess the fact that she saw herself as to blame for the criticism Mokuri was getting brought her so much shame she couldn't bear to be around her. Like she didn't deserve her.

Dex-chan lover
I've come to a question of how do Mokuri put her shirts and jackets on with her spider legs back there?

Hey everyone, apologies for the delay of this chapter. I was engrossed in the new expansion of the critically acclaimed MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV. Just finished Dawntrail MSQ, took a break to edit and upload, then now back to the game. Those jobs won't level themselves.

A key point of this chapter;
FEMBOY SENGA
BOTTOM TEXT
Who is the person in your pfp from?

I'm being honest this 1 chapter felt a bit exaggerated,unless mokuri explicitly asked to not named ofcourse they will put your name. reading the raw I though mokuri san and her friend had a fight because mokuri web art being more popular or something and they stopped being together but why does this one fight end their friendship????? its not even a fight but seeing some hate comment on internet make her stop going to school this even though theres probably 10x love comment???? I know the point of this chapter is to tell mokuri trauma/past and all but this plot felt kinda forced, granted they are in middle school a period where people have a lot of problem with sorting their feeling so I will let it slide. now for non rant part. I hope the reporter got into some kind of trouble, I assume mokuri got suspended which is BS she litterally defended her self and got backlash from it. cant wait for the next chapter got TL

Yeah, as an internet expert on giving negative feedback to everything because that is the only way to be smart and not stupid, this chapter is dumb and Mokuri exaggerated, the friend too. Boo-hoo people dismissed her friend's art? whatever, take the RIGHTFUL cirriticism, every single one, and accept that you suck or be a baby (I see they chose the latter, which proves they are dumb).

Thankfully, we of the internet will always be here to let people know the things they do suck or are just not impressive. Now if you excuse me, I will go post a bunch of this criticism on the author's social media, they must know, and never forget.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hope she can make up with her friend one day
Maybe she'll save Yutaka, people will talk about in online and her friend will be able to see her and try to contact her again?
A bit wishfull, but hey, hope never killed anyone.

Pretty sad chapter. I had a bit of trouble understanding everything, but yeah, seing people around you suffer can break you if you're the empathic kind.
I kinda like the fact that she didn't care about what people what saying about her, but her friend cared, and in reverse, her friend didn't care about herself, but spider girl cared.

And holy shit that school staff. I think the most frustrating part is "Yeah it was self defense, yeah teachers should have reacted better for security, but, you know... you use your... you know... "Abilities"... Because you're different, get it? And that's not okay, get it?"
This part is way to realisitic. I've seen stuff like that in some schools with children coming from minorities, and holy heck...

Anyway, sad chapter, let's hope thing will get better. Also, can someone save that poor Yutaka? (I want to see him get princess carried by Tsukimi :wooow:)

Fuck that shit. How can they blame her after being harassed by ADULTS in FUCKING SCHOOLGROUND while her teachers did jack shit? If anything there should be head rolling in the staff room for having so little security when they know that the kids need special attention
Yeah this is the equivalent(not the same obviously) of having some random fucking adults pull up to harass an artist student at a special needs or remedial school and somehow being surprised the child decks them. All of these teachers should have been trained specifically to avoid this kinda situation in the first place. Those paparazzi shoulda been checked for cameras before they even got into the gates

Dex-chan lover
Hey everyone, apologies for the delay of this chapter. I was engrossed in the new expansion of the critically acclaimed MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV. Just finished Dawntrail MSQ, took a break to edit and upload, then now back to the game. Those jobs won't level themselves.

A key point of this chapter;
FEMBOY SENGA
BOTTOM TEXT
Talk to Wuk Lamat.

what wrong with the teachers ? ah right the teacher do teacher thing, the "dont f-ing understand every f-ing thing in their student mind"
have they ever get annoying by paparazzi and crazy fan ? guess not since they not even popular to understand how annoying sht paparazzi do

Group Leader
Small clarification of page 12 for non-raw readers:
The bubble that says "...is something special." has a double purpose.
The original text is 「ー特別なんだから。」, which can have two meanings in this context; it finishes the sentence of Mokuri's monologue with the meaning of "that kind of everyday is something special", while doubling as the student counsellor's dialogue with the meaning of "I'll make an exception (this time)" (to let her off with just a warning).

Group Leader
Small clarification of page 12 for non-raw readers:
The bubble that says "...is something special." has a double purpose.
The original text is 「ー特別なんだから。」, which can have two meanings in this context; it finishes the sentence of Mokuri's monologue with the meaning of "that kind of everyday is something special", while doubling as the student counsellor's dialogue with the meaning of "I'll make an exception (this time)" (to let her off with just a warning).
Yes, nice catch - the school administrator is finishing her train of thought with the end of his own lecture in a slightly different interpretation. I couldn't think of any way to emphasize this without an actual TN note, and as you've probably noticed we try to avoid those unless it's truly whaaaat? like the 'good at math' thing so just want with 'smoothly finishing her thought.'

Dex-chan lover
I wanna protect Tomoe with my life. All she needed was one person that loves her and that person blamed themselves for the harsh comments about her art. Looking forward to see how she turns this around.

And also, Senga crossdressing... I need more of that...

Dex-chan lover
TBF this would be like tackling someone down and pressing them on the floor because they won't stop following and pestering you, if your so bothered then you should go to a teacher and have to kicked off school grounds or something.

Dex-chan lover
I understand a bit but still... dropping the club, maybe even the school, seems a bit of an overreaction. And I also expected their friendship to be strong enough for the chapter to show Mokuri going after her friend, but the way it was framed she didn't?
Not to mention they talked about "art" but the friend behaved like a just seeking attention and likes and praises. You can't show "art" and expect everyone to praise it.

In sum, I just didn't liked this chapter.
I honestly agree. This is rather clunky writing.

Users who are viewing this thread