Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Tsumiki-san and Lunch

Dex-chan lover
Tsumiki's collarbone is hot. I did it. I said it. Come at me. :win:
She's the entire package, not a single part of her isn't adorable. :glee:

This Senga character seems pretty neat, I bet he'll be everyone's favorite punching bag in just a few short chapters! No wonder Yutaka got jealous, who wouldn't want to be devoured by such a hottie?:smugnako:

Also, Senga bottom confirmed.

Dex-chan lover
I still think that the whole reaction wasn't so much about what he imagined, but about her just letting him drink her blood for no apparent reason; Lion genjin wants to eat your leg, just let him munch? :huh: :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
That chapter that got the world in shambles... I'm also on the side of this chapter trying to do way too much and going a bit too far with what it wanted to express. Its like she took the worse notes from shojo manga and put it through the lenses of a male character, without understanding how that would backfire.

Group Leader
Feel like people just are too impatient and don't want to even allow unlikable characters to breathe or create conflict. Even if it wasn't Yutaka imagination, it's not like Tsumiki actually is into Senga or shows a genuine interest (which is even more evident in later chapters).

Dex-chan lover
So, so he did bite her still ?
yeah no. even without THAT panel. touching there is weird af, ? I don't care what the author cooking, i don't believe any culture treated that as normal, let alone with a complete stranger. and especially animal demi human. neck should be the most defensive era. and it is actually worse when the character act so casual about it.
also you tell me a race that need to eat blood to survive is not more explored and prepared with cross culture scenario and instead just "it is just a meal, totally nothing intimate about it, why so serious" ?
Man, Read chapter 1 and thought this look interesting because it seem like they explore a bitt deeper in to the concept of coexist with demi race instead of just animal ear and shit. but this aint it chief

Dex-chan lover
Anyone upset at this chapter before or after the update is missing the entire point of the series. These characters are not human and as we have seen with Tsumiki, some of them literally didn't even grow up in human society. Why would they have the same sense of values as humans? Even between western and eastern culture in real life we have drastically different senses of value. Why is that so hard for people to see?

yeah no. even without THAT panel. touching there is weird af, ? I don't care what the author cooking, i don't believe any culture treated that as normal, let alone with a complete stranger. and especially animal demi human. neck should be the most defensive era. and it is actually worse when the character act so casual about it.
also you tell me a race that need to eat blood to survive is not more explored and prepared with cross culture scenario and instead just "it is just a meal, totally nothing intimate about it, why so serious" ?
Man, Read chapter 1 and thought this look interesting because it seem like they explore a bitt deeper in to the concept of coexist with demi race instead of just animal ear and shit. but this aint it chief
It's only weird because you want it to be weird. You say necks should be protected cause they're vulnerable. But Tsumiki is not an actual animal, she has logic and reason. She understands the guy isn't trying to hurt her. And to her, there is nothing 'sacred' about her blood or her neck. So as long as she trust that he wont hurt her, why wouldn't she let him do that? And trust like that is common even among humans in small communities where "Everyone knows each other" that kind of trust carries over a lot of the time, and we know Tsumiki is from such a small community.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, the cafeteria bit was better than the most recent chapters. I know people like stuff that's slow and lacking direction like Komi-san but i was expecting something different from this one.

Dex-chan lover
I know right? She's a werewolf girl, dogs don't let strangers (for that matter) touch them in vulnerable places. In this case she agreed to that, which is in and out of itself already super weird taking into consideration the world-building already set.

But alas, this chapter exists, and the Damage Control (that some think didn't happen, but I digress) came after and stuff. Anyway, the story goes on

Dex-chan lover
I know right? She's a werewolf girl, dogs don't let strangers (for that matter) touch them in vulnerable places. In this case she agreed to that, which is in and out of itself already super weird taking into consideration the world-building already set.

But alas, this chapter exists, and the Damage Control (that some think didn't happen, but I digress) came after and stuff. Anyway, the story goes on
She's not a dog. And you can't say "her personality is based on a dog" because it's not, she has some dog traits but the culture is it's own. Look at the climbing game they played a home. Also what about how super friendly she is? That's not a trait of wild dogs, that's a direct result of domestication, a 'dog like werewolf' wouldn't have that. Also the fact they straight up made their home in a cave and are not nomads. She has some physical dog like reactions, but their culture has never reflected 'dog like' at any point.

Group Leader
As you can imagine I took my time re-TLing this one because it's that chapter. For everyone who can deal with the content of the chapter (which is hopefully most of the people left at this point), I think our redraws and typesetting look awesome. Check out p14-15 compared to the original!

Also, my perv skills are apparently low because I didn't realize until QCing the chapter that that's actually Tsumiki's bra strap on the last page, which is partly why Yutaka has a meltdown. I thought it was part of the necktie, because it's drawn as if it were, but it's under the shirt so can't be.

Group Leader
Yeah, sure, pretend you didn't pick this specific chapter to translate precisely to form another cesspool in the comments and I'll pretend I believe you :pacman:
We're re-doing all of 1-8, so this one was the elephant in the room that can't be avoided after re-doing 2. Though for anyone who's already read up through chapter 23 this should no longer be too traumatic.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone upset at this chapter before or after the update is missing the entire point of the series. These characters are not human and as we have seen with Tsumiki, some of them literally didn't even grow up in human society. Why would they have the same sense of values as humans? Even between western and eastern culture in real life we have drastically different senses of value. Why is that so hard for people to see?

It's only weird because you want it to be weird. You say necks should be protected cause they're vulnerable. But Tsumiki is not an actual animal, she has logic and reason. She understands the guy isn't trying to hurt her. And to her, there is nothing 'sacred' about her blood or her neck. So as long as she trust that he wont hurt her, why wouldn't she let him do that? And trust like that is common even among humans in small communities where "Everyone knows each other" that kind of trust carries over a lot of the time, and we know Tsumiki is from such a small community.
Then the author should make a series focusing it's story and marketing on that.
Yes, that series already exists and it's called Beastars and yes, this author wouldn't be able to equal that series in a thousand years, but it can be done.
If you read the raws or the other translation -which is good enough, btw- you'll see that the point of the series is very clearly NOT to delve into these differences, but to depict a girl with furry ears and tail basically going about her life and being charismatic about it.

Edit: By the way, the whole "different species' culture" theory is debunked in the manga itself,
since Tsumiki is proven to be immune to Senga's charming powers
. The author played a stupid game in leaking out his NTR fetish and earned a stupid prize.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

you naive belived anything author cook just because he drop "it is different culture" they have diffent value than human.
Please ! if author really put that much thought behind it and thing actually have realistic sense, then you would get some basic logic thing take into account like infection or disease. The mouth is carry quite many germ, yo.
and you don't need human value to not letting stranger touching you, even freaking animal don't do that.

I think the only thing that ever got me about this chapter is that Tsumiki is a werewolf, and wolves fight and kill by ripping out the throat of the opponent. I thought there was going to be a moment of defensiveness leading into the "sorry, I don't like having my neck touched" with a light hearted thought process explaining that instinct and Itsuki drawing another conclusion about the differences in various demihuman types. Instead it was like, ntr bait. I could tell people were going to freak out as soon as I saw it.

The only negative thing I actually think about it is that I kinda wish the author didn't play that card at all. Not because I'm insecure about ntr, but because it happens in chapter three. Which makes it seem like there's going to be more of it even though there isn't. It's too polarizing, and the manga definitely would have been more popular without trying to half-heartedly attract the ntr guys.

Users who are viewing this thread