Ohayou Toka Oyasumi Toka - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - The Hedgehog House

Dex-chan lover
Genuinely infuriating chapter.
Fuck the dad, and fuck the mom too for making your child experience the same thing that broke you.

Dex-chan lover
Too much hate in this discussion already, so I'm just gonna gush over the twins' cuteness again.
and Wahei is totally a grumpy little soft-hearted hedgehog

Fuck that dad. He needs to realise his time to be free is up. He needs to man up, and take care of his kids. Omg this just gets me so mad.

Disgusting piece of shit. Decided to have kids but cannot take responsibility for them. 4 kids - 4!
If you wanna experience the world then maybe think about that first. Goodness me.

Can't believe the kids turned out well despite that. Hopefully nobody gets with the wrong crowd.

Dex-chan lover
@Niralam I can just say "I hate this char" or "he shouldn't have children" like everyone else because that's what I felt at first after reading this chapter. Then I need reason to accept that this kind of person does exist and find the reason why they like that. Is not like I sympathy or anything, I just don't want myself to blindly judge(or hate) something at first sight

Dex-chan lover
Weird chapter, this. Started a family, fucked up, ran away and started another family, fucked up, ran away and left the remnants of second family in the care of remnant from first family.... and MC doesn't beat him to a pulp? WTF?!

Dex-chan lover
fuck this guy man, you dont get to start a family then peace out, and then he did it again? trash

When you start a family that's where you should stop living for yourself and begin living for your kids. Otherwise you might end up as this piece of shit sorry excuse for a father

Dex-chan lover
Ehhhh . . . I sort of understand. I had a grandfather a bit like that. Less mobile. But totally irresponsible. Paid attention to little but Chinese poetry, history and art, as well as languages and lots of other bits of scholarly stuff. Spend most of his time reading. Unfortunately, spent very little of his time working, and a lot of time (and money) drinking. My mom's family was totally poor, my grandmother scraping to somehow make ends meet, because he would drink the welfare check if he got the chance. Hardly took care of the kids, did little around the house. He was worse than useless.
But somehow, knowing him, you couldn't hate him. He was just the sweetest person, even when he'd been drinking. Nice as the day is long; even if someone was trying to get him to do something he didn't want to do, he never argued--he just didn't do it. And he really was amazing in his odd way . . . never got out of high school, but he taught himself to read and write Chinese (plus smatterings of like a dozen or more other languages); he translated classic Chinese poetry into English and had masses of scrapbooks. He didn't care if he (or the rest of the family) had to live on scraps as long as he could do that stuff. He would occasionally say he was the reincarnation of a drunken Chinese poet. When he died the family brought his scrapbooks to the local university and the Asian Studies honcho looked at them, said he was a scholar, and took them into their collection. So like, I dunno, in the end people just accepted that he was what he was and you couldn't really do anything about it.

I kinda want to learn what the kids' mother is like now. She also left the three of them in the hands of someone she knew couldn't care for them.

And it should create enough drama for some more chapters when she gets involved.

The dad is trash & no back story would make him better!!

If he was "that kind of person" he shouldn't marry and make children!

I can understand that his kids may forgive him or think "it can't be helped" since, in the end they are family!

But as a reader or outsider I really dislike him..

Dex-chan lover
Dad is trash, but let's remember mother remarried and left the three sisters out cold. I would think she's as bad if not worse...

Group Leader
... Not good. I can't fathom how the author takes this VEEERY lightly. I'd be VERY angry that that person leave my siblings out in the street... Regardless of the reason, that's simply throwing out your responsibility

Tho not my parents, I experienced someone left my family to do his own plan and my family have a very hard time thanks to that. At the time that person left I was younger than Hotaka and I was kinda on that person's side, trying to understand the reason. Then when I got bigger I hate that person more and more because I got to understand more and more the depth of the damage it had on my family.

This chap left a rly bitter taste on me

Dex-chan lover
wahei is adult now
he have money and home

his anger already gone, but my feeling to punch him is still not gone

Supporter
ugh the type of person who doesn't take responsibility for ANYTHING in their life.

Double-page supporter
A nice clean punch in the face would suffice

You left wahei is bad enough and now you dump his 3 half sister to him

What a fucking cunt

Users who are viewing this thread