“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 18 - Rift

Out of everything.

While Understandable. The sister had really no right to say this to her Brother.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW I FELT WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR HIM...... AND YOU NEVER WILL BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE CHILDREN OF YOUR OWN!"

Like what the fuck. This is even his own Hometown. In fucking Public.

Not to mention whatever psychology Nuke this is to him.

Holy Fuck. Out of all the things you could have said. Now every interaction with you would be tainted by this.

Dex-chan lover
A: the difference is completely there. Japanese is a contextual language.
None. It's weird you're telling me about Japanese.
B:she uses a dating site to find men, filters them, and then arranged a "meet cute" to test them. Manipulative? Sure. Evil? Nawh. Plenty of girls do it.
Prove it.
C:nothing says they do this every summer. Nothing. And yes, her mother could have been ill that whole time, and now it's gotten worse. Do you know how illness works?
Except the fact that she disappears every summer. You already know all the evidence we have to suggest this is a cyclical thing for them.
D: you have no clue. I have 2 step parents. Have since I was 4. Never been abused, never said "You're not my real parent". You're just a complete piece of shit with out dated ideologies.
I come from two generations of step-family. That thing that gave birth to me got a step-dad, and that went about as well as you expect when a girl gets a stepdad, and then I was sent to live with my grandmother and my step-grandfather. The moment she died, he started shoving me off to every last actual relative I had and stole all of my money for years before I even knew what a bank statement was. And when I finally found out, I ended up homeless, slandered, and alone.

You wanna play the "You don't know anything" game? Because this isn't even the most out-there story I've got. :aquadrink:

It could have a spiritual meaning like good luck or chasing away evil.

It does not. The author would have immediately ruined the tone for the rest of the manga for his intended audience if he had done something like that, anyway.
Show me the part where its not? You're doing the same fucking thing. We didn't see her stalk him prior. We don't see his info on the laptop. "Everything points to".
We don't see the dating/matchmaking site, but you'd swear on a stack of bibles that she's got his info from there. 🤷‍♂️

If she used a dating site, she'd use the dating site.
Why would he? Would you tell everyone you were looking for a wife on a dating app if you just "naturally" met a girl? Especially in Japan where image is so important.
Omiai is not shameful, embarrassing, or otherwise negative, in Japan. In fact, it's the traditional way of doing things, and would garner him a relatively serious, respectable image with his family, and possibly his community.

Last edited:
Man I really dislike this MC. No capacity for reflection and no respect for his (actual) family either. At this point he deserves whatever fucked up plan they have for him lol.

While Understandable. The sister had really no right to say this to her Brother.
She did though. I don't think my own sibling would say this to me (first off because I wouldn't lose their child) but, if they did, they'd be well within their rights. It's one thing to let someone else hold the kid, but you don't take your eyes off them for a second if you do.

Also the dude is messed up for not immediately worrying and starting to search when they got lost. His initial disregard is probably part of the reason the sister is so angry at him.

Last edited:
Wait
Why is the mother smiling...

Goddamnit I got played like a fiddle

Like mother like daughter ig

Tho this mean 3some is an available route:meguupog::meguupog:
Are we forgetting that the mother was revealed to be in on whatever scheme this is many, many chapters ago?

Dex-chan lover
damn, that mf was infertile this whole time? this author is usually sorta cringe but im kinda impressed, that was very unexpected

People are saying that this was all their plan but I don't think so at all, I genuinely feel like they were continuing to build image of good wife and daughter on this festival and sister went nuclear on her own, basically kicking whatever plan they have into hyper speed up lmao

I don’t get the sister’s reaction too well. I get she doesnt trust those two but if my memory serves me right, she doesnt have much of a reason to think theyd be violent? Why would the child be in danger? Ofc someone would cry if they feel like they did something wrong. Her reaction was over the top regardless of whether the situation was manufactured by the mom and daughter. I have to reread but I feel like the feelings the sister has towards those two never made any sense and came out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t get the sister’s reaction too well. I get she doesnt trust those two but if my memory serves me right, she doesnt have much of a reason to think theyd be violent? Why would the child be in danger? Ofc someone would cry if they feel like they did something wrong. Her reaction was over the top regardless of whether the situation was manufactured by the mom and daughter. I have to reread but I feel like the feelings the sister has towards those two never made any sense and came out of nowhere.
She was already suspicious of them before this chapter, especially when the daughter asked MC whether he wants a baby. Sis felt like they are weird and maybe potentially dangerous to her brother, some kind of scammer I would think. So when sis found that one of whom she considers dangerous has her baby, she went in hard panic mode. Mom & daughter were somewhat weird around MC and his family but they have done nothing wrong per se, but sis judged them in her mind as unsafe and behave with this in mind.

Basically sis is trusting her guts, and we readers know that gut feeling has merit.

Users who are viewing this thread