Onee-sama to Watashi: Ojou-sama ga Isekai Tensei - Vol. 4 Ch. 15

Fed-Kun's army
I really don't like the dialect change. It's hard to read and resembles a Jim Crow accent a liiittle too much. I know that's not the intention at all, but if you look at old books you'll see Jim Crow characters written in a very similar manner. I'd suggest writing it in a southern accent instead of trying to imitate a Japanese regional dialect; most of us can't tell the difference between regional dialects and have no idea how its supposed to sound, even if you write it phonetically. We do, however know what an American southern accent sounds like, and it'll achieve the same effect of sounding regional.

Dex-chan lover
When translating the dialect, you could have just, I dunno, used what the previous TL group was doing as an example instead of whatever this attempt was supposed to be. I mean, with 14 whole chapters there should have been atleast one example of how they did it to go off of.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
IIRC sometimes TL translate Kansai-ben into US southern accent so that’s an option too for a more legible way to do it.

That accent is brutal to read, absolutely hate it. shame that's what they went for instead of just informal speech. I don't think she's meant to sound special ed, but you do you i guess.

Dex-chan lover
I thought this series was cancelled. I'm so glad it isn't. Most action GL I like end up cancelled or rushed to finish like that hitman series or Teapot Hero. Thanks for the TL. I don't have a problem with the dialect but I can see it being a problem for anyone ESL.

Dex-chan lover
Please no jumbled up English words... You can still do the dialect but it's annoying looking at the messed up words.
"I dahn't know what da "Giant Gahd" is..." = Trash
"I don't know what the "Giant God" is..." = Okay

Dex-chan lover
So why she got administrator rights to the robot buried there a long time ago? Is time travel also involved here?
It's sorta been implied shes the reincarnation of some ancient entity tied to the giant god.... but also this battle fortress was clearly built using isekai'd humans knowledge so maybe it recognizes her as human and not from this world

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
the dialect or accent ? not sure makes it truely a bit harder for a non native speaker to understand Miss Giant

Dex-chan lover
I think there's at least two or three additional chapters before we're caught up to current.
There's at least two? Oneesama chapters, and there's a complicated scene with Junko and Wendy that I've been wanting to see translated- it reveals an additional layer in the Oneesama- Hinako dynamic.

Dex-chan lover
I think there's at least two or three additional chapters before we're caught up to current.
There's at least two? Oneesama chapters, and there's a complicated scene with Junko and Wendy that I've been wanting to see translated- it reveals an additional layer in the Oneesama- Hinako dynamic.
Good news, there's

four.

We'll fix up the dialect issue in this chapter first tho. We wanted to convey that part of her character but I agree that we went too far, we'll tone it down and update this chapter first to make it consistent with the following chapters. Thanks everyone for the input. Please tell us again how you liked it after we update this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
The mech is a lil too close deus ex machina for comfort, but since I love everything else about this manga to death I still have hope. Also suddenly asking a robot from another world if they know Robinson Crusoe IN THAT SITUATION felt like parody and out of place. BUT STILL HAVE HOPE.
It's not out of place. You have to put yourself in Hinako's shoes here. She's a highly moralistic character, so she hates being called master. She mentioned the Robinson Crusoe story because it's a good example of why she hates it so much. Of course the robot has no idea what she's talking about, but that's irrelevant. What matters is that this is perfectly consistent with Hinako's characterization. Regardless of the situation and place, Hinako is always true to herself and her moral values. This scene is a perfect and consistent example of that.

Users who are viewing this thread