Onee-sama to Watashi: Ojou-sama ga Isekai Tensei - Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
While the chapter was great from character development standpoint, I'm little lost on what they actually want from Hinako's group. I know they want a 'leader' or at least someone who serves as a role model but they don't clarify how that will pan out. Are they looking to create their own country? relocate somewhere else? or just the vague and nebulous defeat racism, I just don't what they mean when they say 'save' maybe I missed it.
For my understanding, they want Hinako to do something about how otherworlders and demi-humans are treated since she have the fire power to fight against the authorities of this world. It´s true that they don´t seems to have a plan about how that would happen and are simply relaying on Hinako and her sisters providing them with protection and hope

Dex-chan lover
This seen very critic about regular Isekai that has been appear around and how the cheat stuff is a nightmare for both side.
This could be one of the greatest story
Yeah specially how their decendants don't really have any cheats like their parents and if parents are infact in a position of power over an entire country due to their abilities, their kids will most likely be fucked.

le3

Dex-chan lover
As per usual in isekai, we slow life/kingdom building now :chad:

Man, seeing Inukai being a husk of his former self sadden me. Dude is isekai'ed to a harsh world....

Supporter
actually want from Hinako's group.
Theyre a group of refugees that have little to no knowledge on How the World they are operate and have been exploited by Said World

They see in hinako something akin to Jesus, someone of their people, living like their people and that was willing to be against the current structures of the World

After years of suffering seeing something akin to anime and manga happen all they can do is pray and beg for a difference to be made and for their struggles to not be futile

Which is why she asked to take the children in specific, both because as we know they have no cheat so once the cheat generation perishes they have no ways to protect anything

But also because Offspring is a biological perpetuation of a species, its a way for them to keep saying they are a part of this World, that their suffering wont end with them, that the dream of the children Will actually be true

TLDR; They are desperate

Dex-chan lover
She really is a good sister. Even when the amazing growth of Elis made her insecure, she still told her to keep growing. Despite everything toxic around them, they really have an healthy relationship. They bicker, they argue, they disagree but at the end of the day, they got each other's backs. 5 star Michelin meal. Thanks for the great meal ✨😌

Contributor
Page 12: "Does this look like the mercy emoji?"

(Also, terse but not overtly cynical genre subversion in an isekai? As if!)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Who the hell cares about being 100% yuri or whatever, or what some one other manga you've read did. It's interesting isekai story that happens to have clearly gay MC and her tragic yuri love story is important, but so is the theme of "found family". That guy calling your post "political" was dumb, but so is obsessing about story being "yuri" or "het" or whatever. This isn't hentai site with tags on every story that help you avoid fetishes you dislike.

BTW I have same opinion about people who bitch about other people shipping two girls or guys together, because "this clearly isn't yuri" or "this is obviously just yuri-bait".
If a series is tagged as yuri I expect it to be 100% yuri when it involves the MCs. There is nothing worse than a series being tagged as yuri and it ends up wits MC girl being with a guy, which some authors for some stupid reasons do. Biggest reason I read this is cause its a yuri fantasy (Which is extremely rare), so ofcourse I expect it to be 100% yuri when it is tagged as one and hope its not another case of being lied to on MangaDex once again

Dex-chan lover
Hinako's such a great character. She's not perfect. She has doubts and insecurities. But despite this she keeps moving forward. I like her a lot.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
"the heirs have no abilities and so coups are likely"

...well then simply don't make those kids the heirs? It doesn't sound as if there is ever any lack of reincarnators to choose among.
Also, even if the rules is personally weak, generally that doesn't matter for stability of power. Because it has always been that leaders are easily killed, and the power that stops others from trying to seize power that way, is that the supporters aren't weak. Be that the military, or some group of reincarnators, or whatever.

Dex-chan lover
Question, was the ancient tech developed before reincarnators came along or was this sort of tech developed during the reign of the reincarnators. Because the fact that that high elf needed so many arms to activate the ship seems to me like a safety mechanism that tries to make sure that only otherworlders can use it, with the number making more unrealistic that so many reincarnators can be forced to do something all at once
That's one of those unanswered questions I mentioned, but yeah reincarnators having made the ancient tech is a strong possibility.

But some alternate theories I have are that this isn't another world at all, it's just post-apocalyptic Earth, and they've been grabbing humans from the past for their legitimate codes; or that this is a Matrix-like digital simulation with human consciousnesses plugged into it. But these ideas have big holes in them and they're really just my crazy hopes for or how the story could crank up the sufficiently-advanced-ancient-technology angle even further.

Dex-chan lover
That last textbox... Are they saying the shadow of a giant was not to show her capacity and haki and overall mentality was large and strong enough to be called a giant? That being a giant is instead about being stuck in the past, weak & cowardly, hiding in an escapist ideal while playing pretend?

Because that really is not my impression of the other giants.

Dex-chan lover
Elis has grown so much to the point Onee-sama thought she was going to leave her behind. 😭 I wonder if in the end there will be no happy ending for Onee-sama...

Dex-chan lover
"the heirs have no abilities and so coups are likely"

...well then simply don't make those kids the heirs? It doesn't sound as if there is ever any lack of reincarnators to choose among.
Also, even if the rules is personally weak, generally that doesn't matter for stability of power. Because it has always been that leaders are easily killed, and the power that stops others from trying to seize power that way, is that the supporters aren't weak. Be that the military, or some group of reincarnators, or whatever.
Same reason they didn't just fly the eagles to Mordor. Everyone, reincarnators and normies alike, is human, and subject to human flaws like pride and greed, and normies have been weaponizing that against otherworlders for long enough to be pretty good at it.

Dex-chan lover
Same reason they didn't just fly the eagles to Mordor. Everyone, reincarnators and normies alike, is human, and subject to human flaws like pride and greed, and normies have been weaponizing that against otherworlders for long enough to be pretty good at it.
they didn't take the eagles because the author made an oopsie.

But my point was not about that, but rather how she talked as if it was a matter-of-course that the heirs had to be the kings children. When it really isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread