Open Sourcing the MangaDex@Home Client, Symfony Devs Acquired, and User Research Survey Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
Nooo... Please don't kill the legacy reader... I completely hate The current reader (It has too much objects on screen... I don't like it)
The legacy reader is far more better imo...
Just find some way to incorporate MD@Home in that...

Otherwise just don't kill it... I'm totally fine even if the loading speed is little slow.

Extremely upset to hear that the legacy reader is being discontinued. I honestly can't stand the new reader, way too busy and cluttered, if we can't keep it and do mangadex@home then I'd honestly rather just have longer load times. When answering the survey I even put the legacy reader as my favorite feature, it really reminds me a lot of the old days on bato.to. While I know that it might not be possible I would really appreciate at least an attempt to make it work even if it is slower.

Dex-chan lover
The legacy reader is incompatible with MangaDex@​Home so we'll likely be killing it off in the near future for the sake of the servers.
Oh good, I love having a shitload of garbage options on screen for the sake of phonefags.
Would recommend making the switch and getting used to the new reader! The options appearing above the images kind of layout legacy has will make a return in MangaDex v5.
Or just move to another site, one without such a garbage reader.
Guess what option I will take?

Dex-chan lover
Or just move to another site, one without such a garbage reader.
Guess what option I will take?
tenor.gif

Power Uploader
Please... if someone can do some coding and stuff... Can we at least make some UserScript (Tampermonkey/Greasmonkey) which removes/shifts the objects in current reader and make it look visually same as Legacy reader? If yes then it'll be great help...
Thank you!!

@ devs
i'm not able to fork the repo :(
I've now created a copy, but since it's only a copy I cant do merge-requests :(

is a Reindeer
VIP
@AthK You can literally hide every single element on the new reader by default. The navbar with the logo can be hidden, the bottom page tracker can be hidden, the sidebar can be hidden. You can get way more showing than in the legacy reader, even being able to display two pages at a time. What clutter is bothering you?

For all those bitching that the legacy reader is going away or the new reader is "cluttered".... It doesnt matter what YOU think about it. The old reader was like setting a weedwhacker in your house after duct taping the throttle.

For those who think the new reader is "cluttered"... You can literally get rid of every single thing except a tiny tiny sidebar. https://imgur.com/a/nM2hIIt

*edit damn @Plykiya posted While I was making the screenshots*

The new reader has a number of things that make it 'cluttered' compared to the legacy reader. The loading spinners, JS image loading and the 'hidden' sidebar do create clutter in the reader— even if you can't see how that would be a problem.

For me the new reader is better overall because it's easier to use, but I have complete sympathy with the sentiments of legacy readers.

Power Uploader
@BraveDude8 @Plykiya
I know I can turn it off...
Some things that bother me:
1. the loading icon bothers the most you know.. It'll be better if we see the image loading instead of that loading icon with page number (At least I can read)..
2. Aslo, for legacy reader... You can jump between pages easily and don't need to unhide the sidebar each time you want to jump between pages and hide it again when you get to that page...
3. Also, on legacy reader you get SAME image width for all pages (be it single page or joint page)... But, in the new reader it gives excessively large image width for Joint pages...

is a Reindeer
VIP
@AthK If your images are loading in slowly, the new reader will HELP you. It has access to Asian servers using MD@H and loads the images in a more logical way.

If you want to jump between pages, keep the bottom page navigation on then. You don't need the sidebar at all.

If you want to limit image width, you can do it in the new reader settings as well. It'll only be as wide as your screen if you have it set to fit to width or you can set it so that images are only a percentage of your screen.

Power Uploader
@Plykiya
-Lol... it's not the problem of your servers... It's the problem of my shitty internet... It sometimes gives slow speed and at that time I have to see that loading icon round and round pissing me off...

-That bottom page navigation is visual hindrance...

-Okay... My one problem is solved now... I can limit the maximum container width to 900 to get same size for all pages...

Thanks for response!

You can also you know, click on the left or right side of the image to goto the next page....

@Afiaki That seems to happen on peoples slow internet where people try to read too fast. Meaning its still trying to serve you a image from say chapter 5, when youve already scrolled thru and are on chapter 6 (In this example you would be reading long strip)

Power Uploader
@blackyawgdom lol... I'm talking about situation when you want do jump from page 19 to page 5 then again at page 19 then page 7 and so on (Situation: when there are T/N on page 19 giving reference to pages 5 & 7)...
Aslo, I usually jump between pages a lot...

@blackyawgdom
Yeah, that's basically correct, but primarily it occurs on chapters with a larger-than-normal number of pages. I always read the end of the last chapter before reading a new update, so you can imagine how much I come across it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread