Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Wondering if anyone knows if the LN and/or WN is being actively translated? I’d love to read it. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
acmYj27.jpg

ngl the gags are kinda good, like you would usually see this kind with just "don't look". with the rest of the chapter it already made this title stands out from others to me

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
hmmm, skimming the WN, this ones a little different in a few ways that I like.

MC is fully aware of how strong he is. He might not understand how difficult some things are for normal mages but he fully knows that he is above them and a master of magic. MC basically just views it as "being the most knowledgeable or powerful doesn't mean your good at your specific job".

That said, the girl and others don't think much of him, mostly due to perfectionism and a lack of knowledge of his field. Alchemists work with exclusively contracted mages. She's only worked with him and only knows about alchemy. She's a good alchemist and trying to be the best but she has no idea about what her partner does or goes through to satisfy her continuous push for perfection. People only see how often he succeeds in getting the stuff (40%) and how often she succeeds in working with it (100%) with no idea of what it takes to make the things they ask for. That is, they don't know the ingredients and, though she knows, she knows little of the outside world and mostly stays in her workshop. He's not perfect but he was the best there was and the best she'll ever get. It's just that no one really knows or cares what other people have to do for their jobs, they just know if it's done.

Also, nice that we get this dopy couple rather than insipid harem shenanigans.
oh yeah that part kinda sticks too, usually it's just all female casts but we actually got some funny side couple for once

Dex-chan lover
One of these huh, well I'm already reading the cursifier, the exp share guy, the guard guy, and others. Another one won't hurt....
At least the guard guy is great. Everyone acknowledge his worth, even himself. Even the ex-party, well after they kick him out. AT LEAST they acknowledged it rather than boo hoo why we're weak it's your fault and constant denial.

I dislike OP MCs that doesn't acknowledge their own power and drag it on forever.

At least this dude know his success rate is shit.

Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it, the setting himself is off.
How can no one notice the protag was strong ? I mean, Ruby is currently number 1 alchemist of the country and her personal assistant only have 40% success rate, that low since the average rate is 90%. So, no one ever thought, “Hey, I'm sure better than this guy, why shouldn't I try to replace him ?” and then learn that he is strong.
Maybe it's because Ruby might the one that told people off?
She's not even kicking him out even after all of this. Probably because she believe they still have an attachment or something.
Look at how she treated him when he wants out. She doesn't believe that such thing can happen

Dex-chan lover
hmmm, skimming the WN, this ones a little different in a few ways that I like.

MC is fully aware of how strong he is. He might not understand how difficult some things are for normal mages but he fully knows that he is above them and a master of magic. MC basically just views it as "being the most knowledgeable or powerful doesn't mean your good at your specific job".

That said, the girl and others don't think much of him, mostly due to perfectionism and a lack of knowledge of his field. Alchemists work with exclusively contracted mages. She's only worked with him and only knows about alchemy. She's a good alchemist and trying to be the best but she has no idea about what her partner does or goes through to satisfy her continuous push for perfection. People only see how often he succeeds in getting the stuff (40%) and how often she succeeds in working with it (100%) with no idea of what it takes to make the things they ask for. That is, they don't know the ingredients and, though she knows, she knows little of the outside world and mostly stays in her workshop. He's not perfect but he was the best there was and the best she'll ever get. It's just that no one really knows or cares what other people have to do for their jobs, they just know if it's done.

Also, nice that we get this dopy couple rather than insipid harem shenanigans.
Thank you.
That actually sounds a great premise!
So, he's actually "incompetent" at his job because her demands are unrealistic?

I want to ask more that should be left to the story.

Dex-chan lover
I like the couple he travels with. Almost always the first girl MC meets will be the first harem member or just main girl.

Also like that while she did have her ideas about who Ruby's assistant was, she immediately cast that away and replaced it with what she saw herself, rather than continue to trash him. I've seen people hang on to reputation way to long against the face of "reality" too many times.

he can just tell Ruby to sod off.
I hope that will happen.

The meme about Megumin was exactly what I saw the explosion.
Anyone who knows of Megumin would've thought of her. A huge spell and the word "explosion" is kind of iconic.

I'm thinking this is a rare instance where the MC actually deserved to be fired.
Not sure I'd say "deserve", but at least it makes sense from the information given. What doesn't make sense is how she can be the top alchemist with a gatherer who's that "crap". If she has half the materials to work with than other alchemists, she has to have something going for her. And that something is him.

The guy's very ungrateful given that the girl gives him a chance at having a comfortable life while having to keep up with the constant stress of performing at the peak of her occupation. She never needed to take him with her.

He was not in a position of privilege to complain about her attitude when their lives hinged on her. Now that they're comfortable, he discovers the flaws in her character that were always there as shown in the flashback.
There's being ungrateful, and there's being abused. Even if she always had those flaws, she had something balancing them out. And she's probably depended on him quite a bit as well, even if he is "crap".

How do they quantify the 40% material gathering rate, and how does it not take into account the quality of the materials gathered?
Numbers are short and easy to understand. And some authors think a single number can explain everything.

Dex-chan lover
I like the couple he travels with. Almost always the first girl MC meets will be the first harem member or just main girl.
They are a blast. Mars-kun is the best: "Isn't that what magic is all about?" 😅

The "kicking out of the obviously most OP guy from the party" subgenre is usually just a pile of crap, but this one at least had a decent start. I just hope it keeps me invested with the characters instead of getting all cringe with the MC somehow not realizing just how OP he is.

Dex-chan lover
Gotta suspend my disbelief a bit hard on this one, for a guy who can pop off magic like that to be seen as "incompetent" just because the materials he finds aren't all that great.

Dex-chan lover
while this is generic as it is, i really like how he is famously has bad rep. he is mostly only known for his gathering skills rather than his magic, and quite possibly his ex being cooped up doing alchemy things. the art style is nice too, especially for comedic panels

Dex-chan lover
They are a blast. Mars-kun is the best: "Isn't that what magic is all about?" 😅
Kind of reminds me of Haruna from Black Iron Magician: Magic is something you throw!

The "kicking out of the obviously most OP guy from the party" subgenre is usually just a pile of crap, but this one at least had a decent start. I just hope it keeps me invested with the characters instead of getting all cringe with the MC somehow not realizing just how OP he is.
It's almost as with most isekai, the starting condition, whether getting isekaied or kicked out from a party, has often very little to do with the meat of the story. It's just a catalyst you can forget about. Sometimes there's a little bit of interaction with the old party or something like that, but it's usually ignorable.

Users who are viewing this thread