Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Dex-chan lover
Wow, usually this kind of thing just requires the MC to realize their own skills and worth... But this guy has some nasty trauma!

Literally hallucinating his tormentor as he tries to adjust.

Do you think Ruby's excuse is gonna be half decent when revealed, or is she gonna stand proudly with her fellow abusers from similar series?

Dex-chan lover
dont drink boba tea too much, at least not those from china
the key here is TOO MUCH

Dex-chan lover
I know that this won't be the case, but honestly I'd love it if, when the time comes and Ruby starts to suffer the effects of Lloyd's absence, at least part of her suffering comes from a place of emotional attachment. Like, I know it's just gonna be some shit like her much-touted alchemy skills being entirely dependent on the extremely high level of quality that Lloyd's ingredients have, and that just like all the other stories like this she's gonna make commitments that she can no longer keep now that he's gone, but something about the way this story was set up makes me really want to her to also feel pain at the notion that a man who she, at some level deep inside her, cared about is now gone from her life for good.

I think it's something about how the premise had them as lovers on top of just being childhood friends, combined with how much she took his presence for granted (her reaction to his declaration that he's leaving indicated that this was not the first time he made moves to separate from her) at the beginning of the story. All of that combines in a really specific way that makes me want her to feel his absence on an emotional level more than I've ever wanted to see before in this type of story.
I don't necessarily want them to get back together in the end or anything like that, mind you. That ship has long since sailed. But I'd love it if she at least felt regret or remorse over losing him beyond just "oh fuck now my business is failing and my life is in ruins"

Like, the first chapter had that one flashback scene that seemed to imply that their relationship had something to it beyond just "let's work to be the best in our field", and I'd really like to see that reflected as a sense of loss on her end.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but thanks a bunch for the translation. I've been dying to see this story continue, so I'm super excited to get an update.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh he's got legit post traumatic stress disorder from working with this woman, to the point where if the manga really does do the whole "she really loves him" angle and tries to actually put them together as a couple I'll be pissed cause like this dude can't even function in a normal society cause of how much she's emotionally scarred him

Dex-chan lover
These thugs must be rented from some common isekai resource centre. I'm pretty sure I've seen their exact faces elsewhere.

"Who shot this arrow? Oh! It must be the mage over there who doesn't have a bow!" I'm pretty sure that not only can the naïve saint outsmart him, but even the portrait of the saint could.

I actually like the two tag alongs. They are well-intentioned and I hope they keep helping our incompetent MC into shape.
They make the story a bit different from similar ones. Usually the MC is just faffing about on his own and magically happens to stumble across the exact right things. Like how he stumbled into the saint here.

At this point i'm just reading this in the hope that MC's confidence will eventually reach "decent" level.
Yeah, while it's good and all to write him as having a trauma, it can get old quickly if you're using it as comedy.

but something about the way this story was set up makes me really want to her to also feel pain at the notion that a man who she, at some level deep inside her, cared about is now gone from her life for good.
I know what you mean. For one, it would make her more than a one-dimensional cartoon. Two, that might be worse for her than missing out on his work. No redemption, though. That'd take about as long as your usual negative progress romcom manga and a complete turnaround of her character.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but thanks a bunch for the translation. I've been dying to see this story continue, so I'm super excited to get an update.
Also :this:

Dex-chan lover
good wingman DUo Llyod have there
well i think as long as they dont go overboard...

Users who are viewing this thread