Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Dex-chan lover
I wanted Ruby to get used like a sock and just be used as fuck meat for the rest of her days. She doesn't deserve anything but correction.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
How much you wanna bet he will be the only one of the incidentals to survive?
Given the jester and bishop already died, pretty good I bet.

That one will probably survive just to be killed when they come back with the materials since "you were supposed to die anyway" or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I like where this Ruby redemption arc is potentially going. The trope in these stories is former employer realises that the can't do anything without the MC and either tries to get them back, or falls into death and despair trying. This doesn't seem to be direction this story is going in.

Ruby still takes what Lloyd did for her for granted. Whilst Ruby is working for the enemy against her will (kinda), she'll have to perform suicidal missions to get material why working under a tyrant. Hopefully she realises the parallels between her current situation and how she treated Lloyd poorly. She doesn't deserve him, but maybe she'll grow enough to gain some respect for him and eventually apologise. Best case scenario for her is gains her own strength and skill from doing these missions and is able to make a living as an alchemist who can also get her own rare materials.

Dex-chan lover
The MC's plan is stupid as hell
No, using your best troops to take the main objective while the enemy's army is elsewhere is a very solid plan.
It will also cause loss of less human lives than just personally nuking the entire enemy's army.

But for best results, they should take the evil saint too. Well, she will probably turn into a giant demon, so it's fine to just murder her. They only need the prince to call off the war.

Power Uploader
I read through the whole chapter till the end until I noticed that it said "chapter 13"

Like damn, there has been so much shit happening that it barely feels like chapter 13. I thought we were at chapter 46 or something.

Dex-chan lover
"I am the bishop who followed Iris-sama." <- Political prisoner
"I am a clown who offended the prince." <- Proof that the prince is a tyrant
"I skinned and killed a young woman." <- An actual psychopath, for some reason
It's almost like a reverse of the "Murder, Arson, and Jaywalking" trope.

Dex-chan lover
Still no self reflection from that dumb bitch huh?
Actually, I think we're seeing the first instance of actual self-reflection from her here (or, at least, the beginnings of it).
She's been told to go gather ingredients, ones that she's sent Lloyd out for in the past (if the fact that the other alchemist considered it impossible while she herself remained relatively unconcerned is any indication), and upon experiencing genuine fear for her life her very first thought was about how she berated Lloyd for his "slow" completion of the same task. For someone as full of herself as she is, that definitely counts as some kind of introspection.

Sure, she immediately pivoted that into "If Lloyd can do it, then there's no way I'll die trying", but Rome wasn't built in a day.
She still thinks she's God's gift to alchemy, but cracks are starting to form in her preconceived notions about Lloyd, and she's becoming more aware of what he's gone through.

Baby steps.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, she's literally getting her just desserts, getting the same treatment she dished out on her 'friend' and is experiencing the hell he went through just getting her ingredients.

The new 'saint' is obviously no good, but ironically, it's as if God had sent her to give this 'alchemist' a very clear message of her wrongdoings.
Not 'friend', 'lover'. The manga may not be doing much with it (which is such a fucking shame), but the premise did start off with them in an established romantic relationship, which was one of the things that initially set this manga apart from others of the same type (even if it squandered that).

Dex-chan lover
Not 'friend', 'lover'. The manga may not be doing much with it (which is such a fucking shame), but the premise did start off with them in an established romantic relationship, which was one of the things that initially set this manga apart from others of the same type (even if it squandered that).
I don't know dude, I checked back on ch. 1, and I didn't see any hint of them being in a 'romantic relationship'. MC said it best that they're more like 'noble and servant/slave'. Sure, they might have been different as kids, but even back then, there wasn't any indication from MC having something other than admiration for her.

If one were to put them in any sense of a 'romantic relationship' now, it would be more in the toxic variety like many marriages in the west have become today.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know dude, I checked back on ch. 1, and I didn't see any hint of them being in a 'romantic relationship'. MC said it best that they're more like 'noble and servant/slave'. Sure, they might have been different as kids, but even back then, there wasn't any indication from MC having something other than admiration for her.

If one were to put them in any sense of a 'romantic relationship' now, it would be more in the toxic variety like many marriages in the west have become today.
Chapter 1, Page 2: "With my partner and also my lover, the genius alchemist Ruby."

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 1, Page 2: "With my partner and also my lover, the genius alchemist Ruby."
Oh wow, what do you know, it really does say that. I must have overlooked it, but even with that stated, her actions toward him pretty much overwritten it enough for me to not recognize them as such.

Still, as painful as it looks, facts are facts, this win is yours. tips hat to you.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, what do you know, it really does say that. I must have overlooked it, but even with that stated, her actions toward him pretty much overwritten it enough for me to not recognize them as such.

Still, as painful as it looks, facts are facts, this win is yours. tips hat to you.
Yeah, I'm well aware of what her actions make it look like. That's why I was so interested in the setting of them being in an established relationship, and why I'm so disappointed with how that setting has been wasted so far.
I was really hoping we'd eventually have some scenes dealing with their toxic relationship at some point. Maybe something where she realizes he's not coming back and eventually examines what their relationship turned into and how she'd been taking him or granted, or perhaps a confrontation where he questions if she ever even had feelings for him at all, or maybe a chapter or two exploring how their relationship soured. Basically anything that builds on the "they were lovers in addition to being employer/employee" aspect of it, which is so different from the other titles in the "fired for incompetence/quite due to toxic work environment" subgenre of the "kicked out of the party" genre.

Peace negotiations that involves kidnapping the other party. :ROFLMAO:
Well, if the MC doesn’t have a few screws loose he probably wouldn’t have been able to collect the materials.
Maybe not so crazy.
"Hello Prince, we are the people who, at any time we choose, reach out and take you no matter how safe you think you are."
"This time around we want to negotiate a peace where you keep getting to be a Prince instead of a corpse or slave."
"Now lets negotiate."

Users who are viewing this thread