Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - True Understanding

Dex-chan lover
It appears that Harold doesn't have any knowledge of a rather powerful character.

@GreeneValley While it is true that it has been shown as misunderstandings from Harold's perspective, no other character shares the same view. When the entire cast is proclaiming his brilliance constantly, it feels more like a not-so subtle attempt to make a self-insert than a joke. I've seen the same concept done far better in Tearmoon Empire Story. Which feels far more humourous in its execution despite using very similar methods, so I would assume, as I believe both authors are of a similar skill level, that the humour at show would be of a similar quality (then again it might just be a false equivalent from my dumb stupid brain). The main reason for his distinction, I believe, is the phrasing of the compliments. In Tearmoon the words feel hyperbolic and overplayed to a disastrous extent, where as in this, it feels more like something an egotistcal teenager would say. This is assuming that comedy is the aim for both, of course. (I don't really see how something like this could be used any other way) I do not see how a major moment for Erika's character can be based on the disgruntled ramblings of a post on r/iamverysmart and not mean anything deeper.

Double-page supporter
@Lumberman8 i like tearmoon empire as well as i read both deathflag and tearmoon WN. tearmoon are using comedic narrative while deathflag are more lean towards heavy tone. despite both of them are actually having a quite dark overall plot & unreliable narrator.

if you like tearmoon rather than deathflag, that means your preference are towards comedic tone, not a heavy and depressing one. it doesn't made deathflag a bad novel/manga.

me personally prefer deathflag compared to tearmoon because my chuuni tendencies prefer a heavy and dark narrative compared to tearmoon comedic tone.

Dex-chan lover
Mods going ham with the spoiler tags edits in here
One guy just said that the brother is a cool dude and got spoiler tagged lmfaoo

@GreeneValley
Fuck do you mean he isnt smart
Have you completely missed the part were he came up with a strategy to test cultivate and market the LP farming? And the multi stage plan to get tasuku on his side
Thats not just "oh he knew shit from the game" that shit takes a lot of foresight and critical thinking

LMAO wait i can sense good vibes from the brother the moment he turned sarcastic. idk why, but sarcastic but generally friendly characters always feels like that one best friend u know

The typical siscon but.........

Spoilers to who havent read the light novel

His power is pretty decent but compare to harold's it like putting a pebble againt a mountain. Plus he is somewhat of a good wingman like some older comments that had point this out.

Dex-chan lover
Brooo thank you for translating the chapter even thou you are having a tough life now, I hope everything will get better for you

Group Leader
@Kampfarsch Yeah I wasn't trying to say he's stupid per se, I admittedly used the wrong phrasing, I meant it more to how @Podi125 puts it "He is nowhere near as smart as how they perceive him to be". Plus he was a university student (finance & business course? 😀), so he can't be too stupid anyway. He's also really hardworking and passionate. Also don't forget Zen, Norman and Jake who helped out on the plans too.

Sadly the three two of them sorta got forgotten by the story entirely after this hmm.. Screw Zen!

Fed-Kun's army
What bother me the most in this story is not the misunderstandings (I have seen novel and manga way worse, but also a few better ones) but the fact that nobody seem to react in any way to his incredibly awfull potty mouth.
He is incredibly rude to anyone (even to people of similar or superior social stature), but nobody seems to care at all that this kid insult them all the time... It seriously break my suspension of disbelief to see all introduced characters act the same and is the reason I stopped reading the novel a dozen of chapters after the Sumeragi arc...

Thankfully the manga is a little tamer with this so it's annoying but still readable.

Users who are viewing this thread