Osananajimi Kanojo no Morahara ga Hidoin de Zetsuen Sengen shite Yatta - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Contributor
While I don't think the outcome of the race was ever in doubt, I have to say this was kinda underwhelming. Especially the reactions of the two antagonists. I hope we get better reactions from them dealing with the aftermath of their loss next chapter. There's no way that arrogant smug couple is gonna take this loss lightly.

If I have to comment on the last leg of the race itself, I'd say it seemed too easy for Ichinose; Kirigaya had a big head start, is the ace of the track team and Ichinose still caught up with ease. I suppose it's possible the dude was so full of himself he took it easy... but then near the end he was suddenly winded and couldn't go faster?

Dex-chan lover
Whats so annoying is the premise for this series is great but the execution is kinda piss poor most of the time. It's an important issue IRL that needs to be addressed more and there will be times in the future of this series that is what happens assuming there isn't any fundamental changes.

The issue is the MC makes a turn around too fast and becomes an perfect at everything, loses all his trauma way too easily and instantly finds a new waifu.

Later on certain events like the ex going too far and it getting revealed to a teacher who lets the ex off cause "She was too in love" is things that really happen IRL and I like that but the retribution after the final arc when kidnapping and other possibilities are to happen the ex and her cronies get expelled, yes that correct expelled not arrested. The issue with this ending is whats stopping the ex from harrassing the MC and his new waifu after that? Also why would you let someone who does such evil actions free, it just makes you think the school is covering for the ex.

I also never liked in this series that the parents/family of MC never notice him becoming how he is and doing anything about it. It's such a stark change that any parent in the least may think drugs or something is involved with how he goes from ultra bright, happy and friends to gloomy, ugly and alone. How does no-one around him notice this change? Writing wise it'd be an easy fix too even with a line like "I wish my parents were around instead of always at work" just anything cause it makes his parents look bad with how it is.

Yeah I suspect so too, the author may be planning to retcon the ex-girl into being more redeemable in the manga adaptation.
If they go this route I'll be very unhappy cause it's already ben jarring how cartoonishly abusive she was until the breakup then suddenly she acts like a love sick romcom protag/love interest trying to get the attention of the one she loves. Instead of the ultra abusive route she goes in the novel.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird isn't it? When you have something and changed into "something" society suddenly act like the person owe them something, they start noticing the unnoticeable.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, starting to read like a piss poor self-insert fan-fiction.
"starting to"?

Sorry, but I am more into how the losing guy will react to the for-certain dump and if he will finally notice that she made him get the MC's haircut after the MC (instead of his understandable thought that the MC copied a popular guy).
How will he react to finding out the other side of his actions, getting the girlfriend of his rival just to dump her in a second when someone/thing better came along.
And of course, said ex of the rival can't just get back with him. Even if they are still friends, her actions must have consequences to their connection.

Yes, that's right, I'm 100% more interested on the side-characters.

Dex-chan lover
Well, to be fair, we went through the training exactly so the MC would get back his superpowers.
They had a few days of training montage to get back in shape, even if that was not said outright.

Still not exciting, but we can't really say he went from years of nothing to the best.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'm glad to see everyone's proud of Ichinose! His training really paid off! Kirigaya was too arrogant, so he lost to Ichinose. Hanabi's gonna be pissed, isn't she? She got a new boyfriend to make Ichinose jealous, but all that new boyfriend is doing is losing to him.

Dex-chan lover
How was MC able go catch up that fast especially against a field and track runner, so stupid when he was seconds behind before the baton oass even happened. Ln/mangaka need to go watch a race I think.

According to Ch 3.1, MC has been holding back on his running speed since kindergarten with the degree of restraint increasing over time. Coaches for cross-country call that "intentional" or "whisper" running. Many competitive runners use that training method for around 80% of their practice.

So, maybe not as implausible as you think.

Users who are viewing this thread