Osananajimi ni Kokuhaku Shitai Shougakusei ga 1-wa-goto ni Utsukushiku Seichou Shiteiku Hanashi. - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
This would have been cute, if it weren't for the fact we had like 6 chapters of meaningless drama.

This doesn't feel earned, you know? If there were more chapters about their life together, it would have made for a more satisfying ending.

But hey, at least in the end, Jun confessed to Misa. I liked the transition of Jun from old man to child. That last panel looked really cute, with both of them having flowers for each other.

Dex-chan lover
Took him only a lifetime to confess, literally, she was bedridden, they were married, with children and probably grandchildren... This manga was the slowest and still fast peace couple I have ever seen. xD
Cool tho, just needed to have more together time.

Contributor
Managed to end the story without the confession part staying a scam, good. Only, it's almost practically a deathbed confession. The last possible option, delayed until the very end. The ending managed to be cute to be sure, but that only leaves me with mixed feelings about forgiving the bad parts of this that I thought were really bad, plus the seemingly egregious abuse of time skips.

At least now if anybody asks me if I know a manga where they wait until their deathbeds to confess, I have a title to give.

Dex-chan lover
I liked the ending, it was cute, but damn was it frustrating after a certain point up to it.
Why did the boy need to have a mental break down and get a pity marriage? Did he ever get another job?
Why did they need to separate and live apart, only to have the sudden pity marriage?
Why have the lame period in school where they were awkward around each other and not really talking?
Why have the fight that caused the rift?
Why didn't he just confess after he lost the weight like he planned and kept reiterating? It was in the title!

Whatever, at least it ended well, which is better than I can say for many superior series out there.
Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get the hate. Either people here are really young, never messed up a social interaction a day in their lives, or have short memories.

Or, this is their first foray into Japanese (and I guess Korean) shoujo like drama. Misunderstandings happen, not all fairy tales come true, but I'm glad they had a good life regardless. Eventually.

Dex-chan lover
I liked the ending, it was cute, but damn was it frustrating after a certain point up to it.
Why did the boy need to have a mental break down and get a pity marriage? Did he ever get another job?
Why did they need to separate and live apart, only to have the sudden pity marriage?
Why have the lame period in school where they were awkward around each other and not really talking?
Why have the fight that caused the rift?
Why didn't he just confess after he lost the weight like he planned and kept reiterating? It was in the title!

Whatever, at least it ended well, which is better than I can say for many superior series out there.
Thanks for the translations.
I'd like to address the pity marriage part, as I've seen it mentioned a lot here. I know it's hard to tell with all the skipping, but I don't think it was the marriage part that helped him, or that it was pity.

It was the fact that she basically knew him better than he knew himself, could understand why he tried so hard, and wanted him to know that he's always been on her mind. It didn't matter if it was good times or bad, she always wanted to end up with him. And while the time skip makes it hard to see what happened, I think him realizing that she was what he always wanted helped him get focus back into his life.

Whether he became a house husband or whether he got back into the job market, I can't say though.

Dex-chan lover
Loved the line when she said "I dreamt of a Story About an Elementary school student who wants to confess his feelings to his childhood friend while growing up beautifully each chapter."

fire-writing.gif

Dex-chan lover
And to think that I jokingly said they'd be dead before ch30. They barely made it past ch20. It wasn't even a fun trainwreck but pure morbid curiosity about how bad it can get huh.

Dex-chan lover
This one drug on unfortunately.

It's like the artist had a few set pieces in mind they wanted to do... But didn't know how to stitch them together in a way that the chapters have some sort of continuity. You could plop each one of the chapters as a oneshot, into a series of different "collection of stories" books and no one would know they're supposed to be interrelated.

An editor providing some input it would have helped greatly. Or maybe there was one, and they were duly ignored.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly liked the ending, and I enjoyed the ending of the other one everyone is being negative about. I mean in the other one after countless times reliving their life she manages to live past a 100 with the guy, outlasting him by a short bit even, honestly that one was super sweet ending. I think everyone is just too scared of their own mortality, death and age comes for us all no matter how much we try to escape it, there's no great sadness in death or age.

Users who are viewing this thread