[Oshi no Ko] - Ch. 122 - SENSEI

Dex-chan lover
The Big Reveal! I haven't really been paying much attention these past chapters so I can't say if the build up to it was good, but the impact was not lost.

Flabbergasted I am when I read the words "Sarina-chan" on mangaplus. I popped off so hard that my mom told me to quiet down from another room.

I don't believe Akasaka is going to head down south with this relationship, (although maybe he'll have Ruby try to do so and fail), but a good revelation nonetheless!

Screenshot-1177.png
knowing Japan, THEY WILL GO SWEET HOME ALABAMA.

Dex-chan lover
Me: Worried the Author will find some reason to keep it secret.

Author: Iee Nakama, I got you.

Now I'm curious how they gonna deal with the love factor.... like they just said "I won't treat you like blood related."... and then that reveal... kinda feels like foreshadowing ngl.

Me: "Is this Oreimo?" insert Is this pigeon meme
no... this is SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!! seggs imminent.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. I thought for sure it wasn't going to be revealed this early. But it was.

I honestly wanted it to be more drawn-out and emotional than this. Just one chapter, with her leaping into his arms at the end as a sort of non-verbal resolution is a little... hmm. But at least the tone is exactly what I hoped for.

I had assumed the crow girl was somehow manipulating things in such a way that they'd conveniently never realize each other's identities until Ruby had gone in deep on revenge. But looks like I was seeing a trope where there was none. Now it feels like the way has been cleared for us to see the version of Ruby who gets along with Aqua that we saw in the flash-forward.

To those discussing it: IMO, there's no way Akasaka will actually go down a romantic "route" with Ruby because he's already established eventual romance with Kana or possibly Akane. I'd love to see Ruby start to act like an extremely clingy sister / foster daughter to Aqua, though. I'd feel deeply satisfied seeing that, as well as seeing Aqua looking uncomfortable but also maybe reluctant to push her away forcefully since he knows she's Serina, as well as other people looking on and misunderstanding it as incest... that'd be cute and hilarious. Well, we'll have to see what Akasaka feels like.
Oreimo development done right.

Dex-chan lover
I just caught up to the manga, and what a perfect chapter to be caught up on. I've always been team Kana, sometimes swayed to team Akane but now ..... I'm going full team Ruby, it's just meant to be

Dex-chan lover
Oh...
Fuck :fml:
She's fine. Appears in the first interviews but...

In the chapter 3 Ruby calls her manager, Aqua doesn't appear. she seems in panic and there's a stained clothes, apparently with soy sauce, a lot of soy sauce

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't have kept it secret all these years... even when you had every reason to suspect something when he called you by name all those years ago.
I knew Aqua was so sharp. Yet he is so dumb about Ai.
Aqua will still pursue revenge though. His eyes are as black as Berserk Armor.

Dex-chan lover
She's fine. Appears in the first interviews but...

In the chapter 3 Ruby calls her manager, Aqua doesn't appear. she seems in panic and there's a stained clothes, apparently with soy sauce, a lot of soy sauce
Aqua spilled coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread