Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Otaku & Gyaru's Contact

Contributor
I love how Takuya just goes and does things when it's otaku time, none of the cowardly, borderline gynophobic antics about "g-g-girls!!!", no running away. He's passive but not exactly a spineless coward. I was pleasantly surprised he's become capable of pushing Kei's otaku buttons and even banter with her like she was a fellow otaku and not some stereotypical goddess on a pedestal. This has been a pleasant read so far. A lot better than I expected.

The love triangle comes calling with a potential double booking for a date. I just hope it's not "I choose to go with noone!"

Side note, I knew that shiny cheeks thing had to be a manga/anime trope. I've seen it enough times especially on characters who've just "resolved their sexual tension" and boy am I glad it was mentioned in this TL note. TVTropes is such a rabbit hole sometimes, but this is one trope can't be found there.

Dex-chan lover
I like the tanned gyaru more, if he cant get both hopefully shes end game. But both are good anyway 👍
I love how Takuya just goes and does things when it's otaku time, none of the cowardly, borderline gynophobic antics about "g-g-girls!!!", no running away. He's passive but not exactly a spineless coward. I was pleasantly surprised he's become capable of pushing Kei's otaku buttons and even banter with her like she was a fellow otaku and not some stereotypical goddess on a pedestal. This has been a pleasant read so far. A lot better than I expected.

The love triangle comes calling with a potential double booking for a date. I just hope it's not "I choose to go with noone!"

Side note, I knew that shiny cheeks thing had to be a manga/anime trope. I've seen it enough times especially on characters who've just "resolved their sexual tension" and boy am I glad it was mentioned in this TL note. TVTropes is such a rabbit hole sometimes, but this is one trope can't be found there.
I honestly feel like this will end not with noone but that instead the horrific open ended "And out adventures continued" type ending.

Dex-chan lover
Looking forward to more gap moe moments and also side commentary by her younger brothers

Double-page supporter
I will see that Egg Magazine cover in my nightmares for the rest of my life.

Dex-chan lover
This series is really refreshing just in that the MC genuinely wants to be friends with and spend time with the girls. Sure he gets in his head an dgets nervous a lot, but it's moments like in this chapter where Otaku straight forwardly asks for Amane's contact info and suggests a live commentary back and forth messaging. Or him just straight up being happy to get another person's contact info and chat.

It's such a small thing but sets the series apart. Similar characters would insist the girls are disturbing them or be too nervous to make any moves and the relationships would be entirely pushed on the MC. But this feels like a nice push and pull balance where after the initial shock the MC is just genuinely happy to have them as friends.

Group Leader
The point where a relatable character becomes unrelatable. To have two cute gals invite you out on a weekend I'm proud and jealous.

Dex-chan lover
Glasses girl gyaru with fang
yqu89nbzlmd41.jpg

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought I only really cared about the gyaru who was a weeb, but like after that out of school run in with the other girl, bruh I’m switching sides oml. The gap is too strong 🙏🧎‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
Otaku-kun really didn’t realize what he unleashed when he said he doesn’t have friends and is always available did he? Now the two of them know he’s free whenever for whatever unless specified otherwise. I would say “how lucky” but in reality I kinda feel bad for him, lack of friends is one thing, but now he’s likely going to be asked to do things fairly often.

Meaning he’s going to be quite tired afterwards fairly often, I mean if he isn’t used to doing things like this with friends, it’ll be really draining both mentally and physically.

Amane and Ijichi are now both on the hunt huh? Wonder if either of them have started to develop deeper feelings for him yet, we know they’ve thought about him a little more than they used to, but just how far does that extend?

Users who are viewing this thread