Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.3

Dex-chan lover
I love the translation and think your efforts to bring across the proper characterization through word choice comes across well. Plus I like that you explain your choices in the credits page. It's important to realize language isn't just words but an entire distinction culture of communication, and after a very early point you aren't translating words but that entire culture filled with sub cultures all with a distinct history. Every translation is going to be different, and personally I see the best as those that just try with an honest effort. And hey, you're making art and a story that'd otherwise be inaccessible, accessible to us.

Onto the story itself, Amane is cute,mbut my sympathies are going to be with the girl that admits she likes our Otaku and is making more of a genuine effort to progress romantically.

Supporter
The manga community is funny, stuff gets abandoned, no one picks up, when a soul does, they get mad at him because he misplaced a comma
Sure wanna get mad at MTLs that don't even try to proofread their stuff? ok
But getting mad at decent to ok TLs just because getting mad on the internet is your personal fetish isn't cool and just hurts the readers that can't follow the series anymore if that person gives up

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. I love the notes page at the end. It is very interesting to try to understand the context within the culture of the original language.

As far as the story, both girls are dope, but I have to root for Ijichi. She knows what she wants and is trying to make it happen.

Dex-chan lover
Did anyone else feel like the conversation jumped around a bit? He went from talking about her nails to saying that he could talk to people better because of her. There was no real bridge between the conversations. I doubt it was a translation issue, it just felt odd, like we missed out on a part of the conversation.

The important thing with translation is to take the concepts from the original language, the nuances and little connotations that particular word choices have, and get those same things conveyed in the other language. You will not be able to do this perfectly. Not only are some concepts expressed with a single word in one language and not another, but language is a moving target that changes with generations.

Double-page supporter
You did great TL. I appreciate the effort you went for especially the polite speech. I dont really get or see the diff normally and I just take the char's word for it when they eventually go "Oh stop using polite speech" etc xD

Thanks and good work on the translations. I don't really get people complaining about lost nuances since japanese translates into english very badly. It's natural that nuances and some personalities of characters are lost. Even with the way you translate you need some context and knowledge on japanese culture to really get what is going on and you explain stuff very well after the chapters.
Stuff like this is a treat to see with machine translations and translators barely knowing japanese being so widespread. Even worse when people translate to english from a languange that has already been translated from japanese once

Users who are viewing this thread