Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - The Magical Academy Festival (3)

Dex-chan lover
@Kisa24 @Kagehide She is not bi, it is a cliche "even girls want her." Have you ever read shoujo at all?

@Svelandria Nah, the fandom of this manga is already 80% composed of yuri fans, who sincerely pretend that it is a yuri manga, where any straight love interest either does not exist or is a joke. You can easily see this by the way people consider MC gay / bi and demand to add a yuri tag just because of random gay jokes or claim that Maria has a more developed subplot just because it is the most recent one. I could understand when Eupho or even BNHA fandom was doing this, but in this case it is just wishful thinking.

This is fun until it reaches this point when it's just farming harem moments, her denseness is getting old as well.

Does Katarina actually progressed with someone or the author had balls to end this up like Nisekoi?

Dex-chan lover
@papperless In one of the chapters, Gerald actually outright confess and she will be stunned. But later, she decides that it was a dream, lol. The harem in this title is basically a running gag, so this will go on for a long time.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
i'm not sure but it feels like some of the dialogue is in the wrong bubbles??? is it just my imagination or did anyone else notice??? also is it susanna or suzanna?? i think the novel has it as suzanna but i've read two version and i don't remember either lmaoooo oop (also gerald's name keeps changing too so eh /shrugs)

ksljfajkl katarina is an equal opportunity admirer and i love that for her. she's totally gonna end up married to gerald tho, he's never letting go afdljl AND KNOWING HER LUCK SHE'S GONNA END UP AS QUEEN LMAO at least she has the charisma for it... that's about it screams (LOVE HER THO! OUR BAkARINA)

thank you for the update and all your hard work, really appreciate it! <3

will the harem grow even more? or will she be haremed?
thank you for translating!

Giordo's name was changed like 5 times throughout this chapter loooool. Seems like they settled on jerold hahaha

@papperless
not sure if the manga/ln really ends with a clay couple, but after this arc, Gerald kisses her. She's still super dense about it, but it's a step up.

Dex-chan lover
@SugarArirang This is not considered character development if it is straight love interest. Think for yourself, Bakarina was openly amazed several times by the beauty of Nico, but people continue to say that she does not show an actual interest in male characters.

Double-page supporter
bro listen i know what the end game is but christ the queerbaiting in this chapter especially is insane

@SuperOniichan Yes it's was a joke (like 90% of this comment section )I should have added "lol" at the end so that it is not taken in the first degree, she will probably end up with the boy considering how it turned out (or maybe just a typical harem while staying in the comedy I don't know)

Dex-chan lover
@Kisa24 Well, I don’t argue that some moments were clearly made to make a joke about “no homo”, but it annoys me constantly when people start treating any friendly moments as attraction, if we are talking about same-sex ships. This is one of the reasons why people subsequently complain that MC had more moments with friends than with straight lover.

@moderateTrouble Do you call it insane queerbaiting? Have you ever watched Eupho or Love Live, hah?

@SuperOniichan Yes but I think the comments were mostly said in a humorous way, at least I took it that way so I don't think you should take it so seriously (but I can understand/agree with your point of view )

But to take a little defense in the novel it does not seem to be a typical shoujo from what I could see (not a yuri either but the fact that she will end up with her fiancé is not so certain that in other shoujo)

Dex-chan lover
@Kisa24 If you think that shoujo is also afraid of own gender gayness, like shonen, then you are mistaken. Yuri literally appeared as a subgenre of shoujo. In fact, proto-yuri is even older than the shoujo itself, lol. I personally root for Kith, but I can also see that Gerald is the most possible straight canon.

Well, I can say a lot about “just kidding” defense, but I understand what you want to say. Just a similar titles with straight vs gay shipping very often becomes a victim of the fact that people begin to either pretend that one of the sides isn't real or make it too personal. For example, Eupho has it both. Therefore, I am very sensitive to this.

Users who are viewing this thread