Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Sky Pirate Subjugation I

Dex-chan lover
@weeabootrash

Ah, that was what you mean.

Well, i think at least that two Leon's friends are not a-hole too. Spineless, but not really a-hole. And that racing senpai actually even looked more chivalrous than Leon.

But yes, among main casts pretty much only Olivia and Her Majesty that not acting like an asshole. I think even Ange has her moments too.

@Jethzki I'm kinda out of the loop now since I don't read the novel, how old is the queen again? she has a late-teenage son right? She must be in her 30s and she only find her first love in the form of a teenage boy?
Granted MC is a self-made baron and a strong-willed guy, but still.

She did get married off for purely political reason and so harbored no feelings towards the king, but how did it turned out in the novel that she married MC in the end?

@Darkblaze6
I never said using a sentence from a word that's just you reading it wrong.
I'm talking about using the word 'mad' instead of 'triggered', at least the former sounds more proper unlike the latter that is more related to a meme than some medical term hardly anyone would bother to know about.

the other dudes are actually not that bad if minus the simping part

@nawoon

I think the point of the story at the moment is to develop them past their presence as over-the-top simps. It makes sense, rarely are people purely black or white so I'm glad the story is starting to take itself more seriously and develop them properly.

I really like Leon being an a-hole and stern because i'm really tired from dense and stupid brainless regular MC's, like just get your shit together man.
also olivia deserves a hug

@nawoon true they don't seem that much bad also the prince isn't a complete dick but they all are simps

Aggregator gang
@SirArez the LN version is not finished but the WN is apparently (has a lot of big changes from the LN) but if you like this manga i'd recommend it because the inter character banter gets better when (spoilers for who gets introduced/stays as of vol 5 but will probably be coming in the next few arcs)
a new AI gets introduced and leon and marie start talking to each other regularly so you'll see banter between all 4 of them quite often which spices it up a little compared to just leon/luxion's banter

i can say for certain that i really enjoyed the later volumes.

Dex-chan lover
MC: Killing is the one thing I can't do.

Me: *Ragevomits all over monitor*

Double-page supporter
With each chapter it is harder to keep on reading. All characters are extremely unlikable. They exist solely to create drama.
Worst part is, is that MC goes along with that. At least show dissatisfaction with behavior like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Masgrande
Leon and Marie have memories that seem to line up with memories from their previous lives that heavily suggest they're siblings in the past life, but you can't be absolutely sure about it, since they have no photographs or anything to show each other what they previously looked liked. They also, strangely, do not ask specific things like the addresses of the house they grew up in or where was Leon's apartment.

In the Marie SS route, Leon and Marie both say something about their siblings that didn't match up with how they perceived them. They conclude they weren't previously related after all and become engaged. It's for this reason that they conclude they weren't siblings in the SS route and become officially lovers. The two of them are actually a better match for each other than any of the harem in the main story.

@The_Blues_13 I believe the novel only mentioned the queen being in her 30's.
She was married off for political reasons to save her home kingdom from being attacked by another one. The king did promise to try and love her, but he never did and actually grew to be even less in love with her than in the beginning. This is because the king only cares for young girls and sees everyone above a certain age as old hags. The king even has his own entire harem filled with young girls and has fathered children with them. You can see why she falls for Leon constant advances towards her.

@Someone_called_A This is the world of a pay to win otome game, so of course they won't have everything in their heads. The game would be much easier to beat if they were actually competent and there would be no need to throw money at the developers. An in world reason would would be that no one was ever a challenge to them until Leon and no one ever called them out on their stupidity since they were all important nobles. It's important to remember that even Leon admits they aren't weak; they're just inexperienced in actual battle. Leon even says in their duel that he would've never challenged them if they were in their second or third years because of how much more experience they would have.

They do start to eventually get their shit together after realizing how weak they actually are and just how strong Leon is. You just have to wait for the next few chapters to see it.

Dex-chan lover
He really should do something about Livia, no matter how much he claims he wants to keep himself apart from her and pretty much everyone else, despite still insisting on attending the school and even saying aloud the only purpose of the school is to find spouses. Leon is so full of contradictions. In fact I think the dude is suffering from some degree of mental illness, like mild schizophrenia. He says he couldn't stomach killing a human, yet he was exceedingly brutal, psychologically and physically, during the simple match where he represented Angelica against Marie's harem. Of course it wouldn't have made even any sense to kill anyone in those fights, but you could say he went as far as possible in insults and actions. All in all he should have gone through considerable trouble as an adventurer, even if the manga made it look like a very short escapade. Someone with a flimsy attitude shouldn't be capable of that.

Also at the end of this chapter you can see he's very naturally intimidating and doesn't give a single shit about the local noble's troubles, nor anything else. How does that fit togeter with a person who supposedly couldn't handle killing a clear enemy in a fight?

Dex-chan lover
That AI was too emotional. One of these days it would probably shoot a beam weapon at the core of the planet, destroying all humans.
Jokes aside, MC did a good job defeating those pirates and blackmailing everyone else in the meanwhile.

Dex-chan lover
The pirates got defeated way too fast, didn't they?

@Kaarme
If you reread the older chapters you would know he's planning to make Livia a saint. (as atonement because he took Luxon) It was right for him to take Luxon, because Marie is distorting the plot anyway.

Thanks for the chapter

I can't bear to see Livia being so empty, here to see a shake up soon (even tho it's Leon's fault)

Users who are viewing this thread