Peach Milk Crown - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - Finale

Dex-chan lover
@Happiste38
Pretty much nothing. She didn't tell anyone, she didn't start dating Yasuda, she didn't break it off with Yoichi. She pretty much pretended it never happened.

@Lugdu
Oh, I see. My bad! 😅

Dex-chan lover
@Takaflame The fuck? Numa dude. He got the best girl. Yoichi moved on like a champ. Momo and scummy fuck both lost their love interests attention.

Yoichi was a fucking simp most of the manga. Momo put his ass in the friendzone. The chad moved on

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA. Based author trying to send a real clear message here with that red pilled Chad MC ending.

Dex-chan lover
Hahahahahaha, honestly I thought it's gonna be a trainwreck but nah, it was justice. Although, if this had some sort of epilogue, Momo and Yasuda would end up together, but man, bitch deserved it still. Fucking Jamie Vardy ending right there: "Chat shit get banged."

Dex-chan lover
Yasuda and Momo getting their just deserts was pretty good gotta say.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
Yeah, no. She was forced into the kiss, true. She never told anyone

Most victims of harassment in Japan don't say anything since being passive and keeping things to yourself is encouraged in their culture. There's nothing rare about that.

@cor3zone
Yasuda grabbed her arm to stop her from contacting Yoichi, clearly upsetting her, yet she still followed him

She's a nice person and was worried about him. He's supposed to be a friend after all, even if he behaves like an asshole. Being nice to an asshole makes her naive and quite dense, but certainly not a bitch.

Dex-chan lover
@DirkHardpeck
never did she set boundries or offer any sort of real resistance.

She's clearly struggling to get out of his grasp in this page.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/871613/2

That's clear resistance in my book.

@DirkHardpeck
It's hard to be sympathetic.

Yeah, well, when the manga itself engages in victim-blaming, it's not a surprise some readers will have little sympathy for her. The manga kinda pushes you towards that way of thinking, even though it doesn't make any sense. Heck, even Yasuda who is the real culprit here kinda blames Momo too. It's fucking ridiculous and nonsensical. A bunch of crap.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun
She's not a nice person. Sure, she was nice to the fucking asshole, but what about Yoichi, the guy she was with? Both are her friends, but only one was on a date with her and is not a complete asshole. The fact that she chose the asshole, to the exclusion of the somewhat decent person, means she's not a nice person.

You're right, being nice to Yasuda doesn't make her a bitch. Completely ditching Yoichi, never committing to him yet not letting go of him (until the fucking end), those make her a bitch. I'm not victim-blaming. She was a victim of the kiss, sure. Everything after that was on her initiative, though. Being a victim does not excuse any and all behaviour. One can be a victim and still be an awful fucking person.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
She's not a nice person. Sure, she was nice to the fucking asshole, but what about Yoichi, the guy she was with? Both are her friends, but only one was on a date with her and is not a complete asshole. The fact that she chose the asshole, to the exclusion of the somewhat decent person, means she's not a nice person.

So you're saying she's a bitch because she neglected Yoichi once? That's total nonsense. Yes, she was kinda insensitive that time. Not her finest moment, but still, it hardly makes someone a bitch. You're blowing that way out of proportion.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun
You're blowing being a victim out of proportion. You're discarding almost every single complaint anyone else has with "victim-blaming".

And it was not just once. She has consistently neglected him. She even said it herself, the reason she likes him is his nature of 'not giving up'. She doesn't like him, she likes that he always gave her attention. Yet she waited so long, neglected Yoichi for so long, that even he gave up. She's a bitch.

Fed-Kun's army
Well deserved ending, though it's implied they would have another shot at falling in love by that last panel.
She was a tease to Yoichi, and even in this last chapter they acknowledged it.
Anyone defending momo's character probably project lolz.

Final thoughts: I was annoyed most of the time read this, but seeing how the author ended and a well done at that. I have no complaints.

Teruko actually said it best, it's not that Momo is a bad girl, she's a natural little devil.
She keep giving false hope to every man around her even when she shouldn't.
Some people want a love interest who are nice to them, not everyone else especially your love rival.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
"Yet she waited so long, neglected Yoichi for so long, that even he gave up."

So what? He also waited. He liked her for a long time but didn't confess either. Also, the fact that she liked how he never gives up doesn't mean she didn't like him. That's just the stupid rationalization Yoichi came up with to cover up for the fact he was just pissed she kissed someone else. If he felt neglected and whatnot, he should have talked about it with her back then instead of building up all this fantasy in his head just so he could blame her for what is essentially his fault for being a coward and running away from his problems instead of talking about them.

But meh, I guess now matter what I say you're set on this "she's bitch" bullcrap, so suit yourself.

Dex-chan lover
@Bonticimmy
Teruko actually said it best, it's not that Momo is a bad girl, she's a natural little devil. She keep giving false hope to every man around her even when she shouldn't.

Teruko is wrong though. She might be naturally dense, sure, but she never gave any false hope to anyone. She was clearly not pleased about getting kissed by Yasuda as shown here:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/871613/2

Momo didn't mislead Yasuda. She was just nice to him and he deliberately mistook that all on his own, even though deep down he knew she actually liked Yoichi (which was why he looked depressed and pissed back then). Then at the end he washes his hands and puts all the blame on her. He's a total creep.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun
Fucking what? Yoichi is at fault for waiting? Are you fucking serious? If he's at fault, then Momo is just as much at fault. Plus Momo deliberately going after Yasuda after the whole forced kiss, while on a date with someone else. That makes her more at fault.

Yoichi never once tried to cover anything up. I was the one equating 'liking not giving up' to 'not liking him', that idea came from me. If the only thing you like about a person is that they relentlessly pursue their desires, while you are one of the desires of said person, that means you like attention. Yoichi constantly tried to get closer with Momo, but she was so distant that his desire for her faded. He tried to show her he felt neglected, in his clumsy way. She claims to like him, but didn't try even once until he actually stopped trying. At this point, it's extremely likely she only showed interest because she misses the attention.

Double-page supporter
i'm actually glad it ended this way. momo got exactly what she deserved after her half-hearted attitude as well as yasuda losing the last girl that didn't give up on him.

yoichi, my foolish homie, finally woke up and smelled the stale coffee. at this point i was well aware there was nothing left for him so i'm more than pleasantly surprised the manga came to the same conclusion.

now with all that being said, my boy numa-kun got the best girl and is riding off into the sunset. all in all, a good end to a manga that started good but got worse.

thanks for translating the whole manga. the manga let me down but you never did, translator.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
Fucking what? Yoichi is at fault for waiting? Are you fucking serious?

I didn't say he was at fault for waiting. You said Momo was at fault for waiting. I only said that he waited too so it doesn't make sense to blame her for that. He was at fault for not talking to her when he felt neglected though. Instead he just built up this fantasy in his head in order to blame her for it. He claims his love for her faded away, but I think he never really loved her to begin with. If he did, he would have talked to her to solve whatever problem he had with her behaviour instead of running away from the problem. She was dense and somewhat insensate, true, but his feelings were half-hearted. So both are too blame, but that's not that big a problem. For me the real problem is that he tries to put all the blame on her. He doesn't take responsibility for being passive and half-hearted.

In any case, this is as far as I go in this discussion. If you want to hate on Momo, be my guest. But I think I made my case clear that I don't think she was a bitch. Both she and Yoichi made mistakes. That's all there is to it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, i'm content with how everything ended for Yoichi, Momo and Yasuda. Kinda sad for Teruko, though.
Numa and Miyako getting together is definitely a saving grace here, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread