Philosophy Thread

@tamerlane
A religion's conventions can be influenced after its formation. The maurya empire pretty much formed right before the Hellenistic period. Hellenistic is a fairly uncommon word too.

Also it's Ashoka when written in English.

Also omega cringe.

Dex-chan lover
@Teddy

Keep in mind that the goal is not just to help yourself reach enlightenment, but to reduce the suffering within the world. It's also connected to the idea of Right Effort, in that you're not just helping yourself follow the path, but helping others follow their path as well.

Also, you can reach Enlightenment in life. It's said that Siddhartha did so, and many sects believe in the Bodhisattva, or people who have embodied the path in life. Some more individualistic schools believe it's more of a personal journey of self-discovery, which others can aid you on, but you can only discover from within oneself.

As for self-mutilation, most sects don't because it technically just causes more suffering, but Buddhists have been known to do some very strange things. (Example: During the Vietnam War, Buddhist Monks would set themselves on fire to protest against both the Communist Regime and the war in general. Amazingly, they just sat there and didn't move, scream or do anything, but just stoically took it as they were engulfed by the flames.)

Unsurprisingly, attachment is also defined by Buddha but it's more complicated. Here's the points: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upādāna

Dex-chan lover
The Hellenistic Period begins with Alexander the Great conquering various locations and then his subsequent death. When Alexander died, he left no heir, and so his empire was divided between his generals. The founder of the Mauryan Empire was one of these generals, Chandragupta Maurya, and he, being a native to India, would reconquer and expand to form his own dynasty. So it was founded simultaneously as what would call the "Hellenistic Period." (Other empires include the Seleucid, the Ptolemaic Dynasty in Egypt, etc.)

And yes, a religion's influences can be formed after it's founding, hence why I meant that you can infer the timeline based on other context in what I said, but whatever. @dabson

Chandragupta maurya wasn't a general of Alexander the great. Chandragupta maurya was quite literally a peasant root to gaining power. And, if I'm not wrong, the kingdom began prior to Alexander's death.

You said and meant different things.

Memes cringe, cringe, cringe.

Dex-chan lover
@Teddy

SHIT, I almost forgot about Taoism.

Do you also want to know about that?

Here's the audiobook of the Tao Te Ching, which should outline most of it. (The Tao Te Ching is really short, but basically all you need to know is that Daoism-(Literally "The Way"-Ism) is the idea that the underlying structure of the universe seeks balance, and that the way things go are how they tend to go. (The simplest way to describe it is "Go with the flow." If it was supposed to happen and doesn't, that's okay. And if something isn't supposed to happen and does, that's okay to. Thing tend to settle eventually towards a state of equilibrium, and accepting it and being content with the world as it is will relief you of internal conflicts and desires that may potentially do you harm.)

Dex-chan lover
Memes area geh but traps aren't @pandascepter

See, memes are made to make other men laugh and feel pleasure.

You know what else is made to make other men laugh? Flirting
You know what else is made to make other men feel pleasure? Violent fornication.

"But Tamerlane," I hear you cry, "What if girls laugh at my memes?"

Easy. There are no girls on the internet. Ever. If there are, they're thots

Group Leader
@Tamerlane Then explain to me, Why
Natsuo decided to always by Hina side ? I know Rui choice is for her Big Sister, and become a real woman what is supposed to.

Dex-chan lover
Because Teachers x Students is cute...?

I haven't read much of Domestic Kanojo, I just heard rumblings about how it's ending soon and that Hina got
yeet'd and is now comatose, and how Rui is pregnant but doesn't want to marry Natsuo because she wants him to marry Hina.

Really, all three are de facto married and they're gonna of one hell of a family dynamic to explain to people. @pandascepter

"And that is why my dad married my aunt, who are also both his step-sisters and technically my mom is his sister-in-law, meaning I'm my own cousin."

Group Leader
@Tamerlane They dont deserve the love, neither Hina nor Rui.

Hina ruined Rui feeling toward the MC, and Rui still keep teasing Hina and MC.

I am proud Rui become an adult woman, but she alread ruin her own sister life and she decided to ran away from her.

This story fucked up.

here's a philosophy I heard once that made me laugh. So Tamerlane, does it match up to any real philosopies?

The philosophy of a dog:
If you can't eat it or f... it then piss on it.

Users who are viewing this thread