Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 7 Ch. 30.2 - His Kindness Weighs More Than Life [4]

Dex-chan lover
I get that feeling of alarms going off towards the end of the chapter! Once again loving the style of this manga!

Can someone please tell me what is happening in this manga? I genuinely cannot distinguish between the male characters and I've been lost for the past 20 chapters. I even tried rereading this, no dice.
Kirishima is the great nephew and heir to the Miyama family. Short hair, 17, tiger on his back and half sleeves on his arms. Masochist, super strong and currently Yoshinos fiance and boyfriend. Fiance came first, boyfriend second lol.

Shouma is older than him and Yoshino and was adopted by Renji Somei years ago. Childhood friend of Yoshino but obviously also kind of in love with her. He has a dragon on his back and full sleeves on his arms. His hair is longer, straighter and he has bangs. Always smoking.

Currently the young man with Yoshino now is Azami, full sleeves on his arms and his main identifier is the octopus he has in his tattoos and the scar going from cheek to mouth. We as the audience don't exactly know who he is affiliated with beyond Ozu (rich kid with connections and low morale, but a weenie) and "Seaweed Head", and possibly the other thugs who wanted revenge on Kirishima after Yoshino and him ran into said thugs earlier in the manga. That's what that last kerfuffle was about. But it was also something that Yoshino, Shouma and Kirishima did on their own accord and is only related to the plot in the fact it brought Kirishima and Yoshino closer in their relationship, and Azami figured out her location.

All we know is that Azami wants to kidnap Yoshino, not the reason why yet.

The bigger overarching plot to the series is actually a really slow unravel, but basically at this point the most information we have is that Renji Somei wanted to smooth relations between him and the Miyama's, which would have a domino affect with the other yakuza families/organizations.

However, we don't know what Gaku Miyamas true motives are. Honestly Renjis is hard to gauge too. And also the president of the Akima group who used to hang around Gaku and Renji in their younger days hinted to vaguely have something ulterior going on. The characters have mentioned that territory wars between the different yakuza groups are brewing, or someone is trying to start a war.

And there is a mystery surrounding the death of Yoshinos father. She was told it was a car accident, but even Kirishima seems to know something that points to a different truth.

In my opinion though, I think the truth to his death will be a catalyst for something important in the future chapters.

To sum it up, a lot has happened but at the same time we still don't know the context of what's truly going on so it's okay if you feel in the dark.

Also remember this is a romance first, drama second and then the politics come last lol.

Double-page supporter
damn this dude is...
i wonder why kirishima hasn't showed up yet if she's had a tracker this whole time, could he be lurking nearby to see where she gets taken to?

Dex-chan lover
I read the raw version of the next episode. We'll find out who he is and why he's after Yoshino in the next episode. I hope we don't have to wait too long. thanks for the translation :)
We're doing our best. Can't wait to post the next chapter because it's INSANE. Thanks for the comment! ETA: Aiming for early next week. 🤞🤞

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thank you so much for an upload— this is one of my favorite series and ive reread it so much while waiting for updates.

cannot explain how grateful i am for u all to pick this up, will keep an eye out for aggregators!
Thanks for commenting! We're excited to work on this one and get everyone caught up as soon as we can. Appreciate your support!

Dex-chan lover
Appreciate all the comments. We're a bunch of passionate fans who are really excited to get this going again and share it with everyone!

Didn't see a rule against this so hope it's okay: If you want to meet some fellow Raise fans, see some fan art and fic, and the latest news from teh mangaka, there's a Discord for that!

Last edited:
Please please translate the Valentine's Day special version that the author dropped on Twitter. I want to know about the point system and why Yoshino is all Ok with Kirishima hugging her now.
Google Translate isn't doing justice!

Sheesh kirishima why you taking so long my gurl got drugged 😬

I read the raws awhile ago so I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure where you have "I just played an ordinary crane game" was wrong potentially.

I recall she was just thinking about how "she just ended up playing (all day)" 'playing' as literally everything she did up until that point which was hanging out and playing games.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you so much for continuing translation of this manga! It's one of the rare gem which I've been following since before mangadex went down.. so glad both the site and the manga is up and ongoing again!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for translating this! It is my favorite manga and it absolutely makes my day when I see a new chapter has been uploaded.
Thank you so much! Doing this takes up a lot of our free time so getting comments like yours makes our day too. 🥰

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for continuing translation of this manga! It's one of the rare gem which I've been following since before mangadex went down.. so glad both the site and the manga is up and ongoing again!
We think it's a rare gem too, which is why we were were happy to see it wasn't locked and we could pick it up and keep it going. Thanks for sticking with it!

Users who are viewing this thread