Reader Not Working on Firefox :fixed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aggregator gang
Just going to chime in myself: FF 60.6.1esr, worked fine earlier when I hadn't shut down yesterday/earlier after I enabled scripts for mangadex.network.

Now, I just can't get that to show up at all. Even if I don't block anything or disable every single addon I have, it just doesn't show mangadex.network anywhere.

Always get an infinite loading symbol. No error shown at all, unless i explicitly disable scripts or something.

Interesting set of statistics when visiting mangadex.network itself though. Very cool.

Dex-chan lover
After I said that my issue was resolved, now I can't load anything.

OS + version: OSX; 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
Browser + version: Firefox; 78.8.0 ESR
Whether you've got any adblockers/script blocking/anything unusual installed as a browser add-on: uBlock Origen, uMatrix *
If you're using an ISP with a history of blocking things: No
If you've tried a VPN: No

* uBlock has MD whitelisted. As for uMatrix, I allowed mangadex.network which did work for a while. Now, no images load. I tried disabling matrix filtering for this scope, as well as disabling the add-on from within Firefox. I cleared cookies, cleared cache.

@jdjohndoe13 Windows 10, FF 56.0.2 (64-bit)

b3c02ef4fad9e686341e5583d0113d8c.png

Dex-chan lover
@Degritone
Did you try the same thing with TamperMonkey instead of GreaseMonkey? I'm not sure that GreaseMonkey understands TamperMonkey's script format. I've checked it on fresh Firefox 56.0.2 portable: installed TamperMonkey, added script, opened manga - it works.
Not sure if you can have both TamperMonkey and GreaseMonkey active at the same time, but try that and, if it doesn't work, disable GreaseMonkey, enable TamperMonkey and try again. The next step would be to search for the way to convert the script from TamperMonkey format to GreaseMonkey format.
Also, don't change the "match */*" line for the first attempt (if you want to change it, that is).

Ah, cool. Yeah. Works with TM and not GM. Didn't know that there were things that TM could do, but GM couldn't.

Contributor
Firefox 86.0 here, all loading instant but chapter images, infinite loop loading icon.

PUFT8Y7.png

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Nick86 Any extensions that'd block URLs? Ublock, noscript, etc. Try incognito mode.

@BraveDude8

This can not be explained as simply old fire fox screwing up.

I've found numerous comments that the newer versions are behaving the same or just failing in new ways.
Whatever you guys did yesterday is failing everywhere consistently on the newer browsers too.

Maindish, pg3 this thread
Ok, continued testing. Most of my details are in my previous post, but now I'm using firefox 86.0b3, still with umatrix and ublock origin, which I don't think I've ever logged into mangadex with, not positive I've even visited the site.

After logging in, it seemed to be working, then it stopped and I had to allow the script from ddos-guard, and then I went back a few chapters on a manga and it stopped requesting the ddos-guard script and also stopped working. Disabled both umatrix and ublock filtering and it still isn't requesting the ddos-guard script and also endless spinning.

Hyperbomb, pg 3 this thread
On Firefox 86 I was having issues until I allowed mangadex.network to run. It only showed up after the pages attempted to load, but not when the page first loads.

Source: Samhill, pg 6 this thread.
After I said that my issue was resolved, now I can't load anything.

OS + version: OSX; 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
Browser + version: Firefox; 78.8.0 ESR
Whether you've got any adblockers/script blocking/anything unusual installed as a browser add-on: uBlock Origen, uMatrix *
If you're using an ISP with a history of blocking things: No
If you've tried a VPN: No

Source: https://mangadex.org/thread/441476

Firefox 87.0b8 Console Error

This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. 1

Source: https://mangadex.org/thread/441784

Still have issues just now, everything load instantly but chapter images, infinite loading icon loop, Firefox 86.0.

*edit: spelling

Contributor
@BraveDude8 - Just now it is working again, guess was a routing issue, changed nothing on my side.

ps: always using clean Firefox, never installed any plug-in or extensions.

carbotaniuman, Princeps Carbotia
Staff
Developer
Should be completely fixed now, ping me if it isn't.

Do note that older browsers (such as Pale Moon and Waterfox) are considered unsupported. In this case, fixing the code was quick enough (and affected enough other browsers) that there was no reason not to, but be aware that things can and will break in the future.

@jdjohndoe13 I want to sincerely thank you for all the help you've given me. Especially writing out the step by step instructions. Though I woke up this morning and it's working again, I assume thanks to whatever carbotaniuman did. I just want to say I appreciate the help you tried to give us old browser users.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@crazybars

> Disabled both umatrix and ublock filtering
> until I allowed mangadex.network to run.
> uBlock Origen, uMatrix

Yeah, the issue is people running scripts that block content and not knowing how to troubleshoot them. Half the staff, myself included, run Firefox, and we haven't had a single issue. I can induce these exact issues by filtering mangadex.network URLs, or generally restricting cross-domain image loading, and there's not much we can do about people blocking core site functionality.

Dex-chan lover
This can not be explained as simply old fire fox screwing up.

carbotaniuman:
Do note that older browsers (such as Pale Moon and Waterfox) are considered unsupported. In this case, fixing the code was quick enough (and affected enough other browsers) that there was no reason not to, but be aware that things can and will break in the future.

Chrome is no longer supported on my OS version, hasn't been for a while (A year? Longer?) I tried it on that way old ass (ancient ass?) version, it worked. It didn't break old browsers, it broke Firefox. That version of Chrome was 67.0.3396.87 BTW.

To only use the script of "AbortController polyfill" on mangadex by @jdjohndoe13, add this:

Go to settings of "AbortController polyfill" from Tampermonkey and the "exclude/include" section; uncheck "Original matches". On "User includes", you will add the new rule
Code:
/(^[^:\/#\?]*:\/\/([^#\?\/]*\.)?mangadex\.org(:[0-9]{1,5})?\/.*$)/
and paste it. You can get that rule if you load mangadex and on tampermonkey you click "add mangadex to exclude" (remember to delete the exclude rule, because you only do it to get that syntax code). If you have a new web, repeat the steps.

Done. Seems to works for me.

I'm also having problems. The site works just fine, but the pages won't load, just that spinning circle.
Everything was working yesterday, so it has to be something recent.

Win10
Internet Explorer 11
Adblocker is disabled, no other addons

@BraveDude8

Most browser users who run scriptblocking do so to block ransomeware, spyware, random XSS injection
malicious redirection and viruses. It's better for us idiots who don't program to simply not play.

You are 100% correct though. This was almost certainly avoidable if people didn't use automatic script blocking, but
then they would be vulnerable to the previously stated things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread