Reader update (tl;dr - if you need the data saver mode, you have to turn it back on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
My only problem with the V2 is the arrow is in the upper-right, when I got so used to clicking the middle-right to open the ability to see the chapter's comments. :/ Ah well, gotta adapt.

what's the difference between "Data saver: On" in Site Settings (https://mangadex.org/settings)
and "Data saver: Compressed Images" in Reader Settings?

@Teasday Since the api v2 does not handle it the new reader is ignoring blocked groups. I checked on a series where I blocked a group that skipped ahead 70 chapters before releasing and they are showing up in the dropdown.

The new folded-sidebar gadget in top right corner is irritating.

I tried getting used to it, but I cannot. Extremely distracting, at least with the dark theme.

Please restore the old UI (as an option?), or otherwise give us the option to hide the sidebar completely.

For now, the element is blocked.

that's confusing
maybe it would be clearer if the setting would be called "Data Saver (Legacy Reader)"
and to use the same terms for on/compressed and off/original
or, obviously, don't use 2 settings for the same thing
(but maybe some people are so eccentric and want to use 2 different settings and use both reader)

Group Leader
An issue I still want resolved is that when you reload a page from middle of a chapter in longstrip mode, it'll try to load the first pages and consequential pages first.

Double-page supporter
Where to find "Language-based chapter filtering" setting? it sound kind useful for me

The new v2 API broke the reader on my firefox 48, legacy reader still works, please at least keep the legacy reader as it is. Hope there was a method to update only the javascript engine in firefox,if anyone know PM me. Or maybe create a new option for reader to choose which API you want to use.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Update:
- When navigating past the last chapter of a manga, the reader used to reload the manga's chapter list to check if there had been any new chapters uploaded while you were reading. This was wasteful most of the time and as such was removed in the recent big update. It has now been re-added, but with the caveat that the chapter list will only be automatically reloaded if it has been over an hour since the last time.
- New settings:
-- "Turn page in long strip mode" for optionally disabling tapping a page to scroll to a next/previous page, without affecting page turning in the single and double modes.
-- "Sidebar collapser style" for choosing between the recently changed corner button style and a new vertical bar that only shows up on mouse hover. The button style is still the default.
-- "Hide cursor over images" will, as it says, hide the mouse cursor when it's over images after two seconds of staying still.

Dex-chan lover
- New settings:
-- "Turn page in long strip mode" for optionally disabling tapping a page to scroll to a next/previous page, without affecting page turning in the single and double modes.
Yesssssss. Thanks for this.

Seems to have broken on my old version of Pale Moon as well, although it was still working yesterday. Everything is blank basically. Manga title is a question mark, chapter selection box is blank, says I'm on page 0/0. And of course no pages load.
Works on my newer computer with its up-to-date Pale Moon, but I normally use MangaDex on my older computer.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Klonoa Oh okay, I can kind of guess what the problem is then. What's the Pale Moon version number that doesn't work?

Seems like the update broke Internet Explorer too. I am only getting a blank site, no images are loading and it says "Page 0 / 0" on the bottom-right.

Edit: I can just switch to the legacy reader in the settings, which is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread