Reader update (tl;dr - if you need the data saver mode, you have to turn it back on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom title
Staff
Developer
Got it, I'll just need to update some polyfill stuff. Things got moved around a bit recently, so some compatibility features were accidentally dropped.

@Tripple-A Consider Internet Explorer working to be a miracle, not the expectation

@Teasday
Yesterday 15-1-21 at approximately 6 pm to 7:30pm UTC+2 , I tried loading some chapters in the default new reader and while it was loading the reader it broke(blank screen with the sites background where the reader was supposed to be) and the javascript console popped a bunch of "type.errors" for 5-6 things that couldnt load and some of them had "reader" in them. I restarted firefox 48 opened it again and it still didnt work. Then I tried firefox dev edition 77 and it worked normally. I assumed that the issue was with my older javascript engine but today the default reader works again without an issue on ff48. Very weird. I wish I had the error log saved. A huge thank you to the devs for fixing the issue for us old browser users.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@theo1996 Outdated javascript implementation of an older browser was your problem, yeah. I updated the polyfills yesterday to patch the missing features.

Dex-chan lover
Data saving mode is off by default, right? Because I swear these mangas are being downloaded with less storage space than usual, the image quality are lower resolution than I remembered, and some hentai that I know for sure can only load pages with data saving mode off is unable to load those exact same pages.

Dex-chan lover
Ah nvm, finally found the data saver button. Didn't know what names meant what locations so I was confused when the data saver button was gone

The reader-images class is still col-auto instead of col, which means for small images (like this) you can only click to the next page within the image height.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@UseYourName Can you upload a screenshot of your reader settings? I have no idea what would possibly be going wrong.

edit: Wait no, I got it. It's a problem with fit to width and no resize specifically. That was dumb of me.

really awesome project, its fun using a rolling release OS, but im somewhat too old for that now. awesome seeing lots of changes coming from user feedback and stuff.

i feel your (MD server) is somewhat a bit slow IMHO. should data saver (DS) mode be on as default, and probably using fewer preloaded images help things while changes are coming at a fast pace? as long as turning off DS isnt behind a registration/pay wall, and theres an info on top that says we can turn off DS in the settings, isnt it fine? im actually fine with using DS most of the time as it is much lighter on resources overall. i remembered a while back while reading a manga with an average of ~5mb per page at ~30 pages my laptop crashed...

i do have a slight complaint for it though. is it possible to use less optimization for horizontal panges? its pretty hard to read. i dont have an example at the top of my head, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread