Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku

I just caught up on a great Manga (another Isekai) with a lot of politics and intrigue. Jumping straight from that into this made this trash intolerable. Maybe I'll try this again after I read something a step above

The night and day difference in the dip in writing really messed up my palate

@Vickyboi it's called Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami

Ignore the description. It tells you nothing about the content beyond the 1st chapter. It's an isekai/otome game but not really. Also, it says Shoujo but it kinda leans Josei (also also, updates are slow)

Aggregator gang
@Delvnick It's already on my list!
Been waiting for more chapters before i start reading it.
But now I've heard from 2 people that it's good so I might start reading it next!

Personally I think it's good. I like how it's different from a LOT of the other trash in the isekai section by NOT focusing on levels and/or being OP, but by being SMART. And Eve.....sweet sweet Eve.....

Dex-chan lover
@ajm289 except the mc is as smart as a pile of rocks

if you literally make everyone else dumb as shit, the mc will automatically look smart. that is the tactic most stories like this use. but in reality, a character can only be as smart as its author, and the author is a dumbfuck

Group Leader
A "realist" who wins at the skin of his teeth because of enemy whims and plot armor...

Contributor
I know that isekai is sort of an entire genre's worth of self-insert-fic. I am largely at peace with that!

Even then... I was already cringing really hard ten pages in. This is embarrassing to watch. If it were just a eight-year-old's concept of what being clever is like mixed with an overblown sense of self-importance, I could say it's cute or something and stomach it, but it's trying pathetically hard to be edgy, too. I just can't.

Honestly, parody-depictions of chuunibyou fantasies are frequently more compelling and less cringeworthy than this. XD

Disclaimer: I only made it through the first chapter. It's possible it gets better. I mean, that is a thing that happens sometimes. Right? Yet, somehow I find myself saying with absolute confidence, that that's not what's going to happen here. This is one of those things where you just know that you've only yet seen the tippy-tip of the dumpster fire; where beneath the surface an entire landfill's worth of garbage lies smouldering.

@Animemes i think that's the best way you could describe isekai readers honestly. tsundere for isekai. We all agree that isekai is hot garbage but we still soak that shit up like a fucking sponge and I mean like we breathe isekai you know?

Isekai is just the hot topic in Japan. I don't like the genre, but if I don't have anything else and I already read stuff from pre 2014, what can I do?

Dex-chan lover
Just take the title with a grain of salt; in the author's dictionary 'realist' means 'all-or-nothing strategist that could die if he missteps'.

Of course isekais tend to be pretty tropey and this one is no different, but honestly it’s a pretty fun read. Would recommend, just know he’s not going to be some big brain 4D chess megamind. Go read a detective manga or whatever if that’s what you’re into.

I thought this would be about strategy, but the MC makes so many dangerous assumptions.

Don't be fooled by the description, which is flawed in its own points but putting that aside, the mc is average while the people other than him are braindead. In no way is he a realist. He is your typical modern-day Japanese "progressive" idealist first and last. He is coated in plot armor and coddled by the author. Even a 12-year-old can sound smart when surrounded by 3-year-olds. It's a common trick that covers up the horrible writing. There are very few mangas in this genre that involve actual brains, and this is not one of them. A smart mc requires a smart author, and sadly, this author is not one of them. People's standards of intelligence must be really low if they think this mc is a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread