Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku

Contributor
@Animemes:

I resent the accusation that I do nothing but spread hate about isekais! I have nice things to say about them quite frequently, honestly. Me saying, "the genre does invite certain flaws, but I'm largely okay with that," is not meant to be vitriolic on my part.

...All of which is also to say: What I was saying here is this one here is remarkably bad, be it among isekai or among manga in general. (That part was meant to be vitriolic in this case, I suppose. I was rather flabbergasted by how awful this manga was. YMMV and all that, of course.)

Fed-Kun's army
I like isekai, but this one is bad.

The plot as well as world-building is rather undeveloped. The characters are flat as a punctured tire, and the same could be said about any story elements. Hey, "realist" my ass, but since you have so many great ideas, why not go into depth and describe them? No, the world works on author fiat and essentially does not exist 2 meters past the MC.

Dex-chan lover
...All of which is also to say: What I was saying here is this one here is remarkably bad, be it among isekai or among manga in general. (That part was meant to be vitriolic in this case, I suppose. I was rather flabbergasted by how awful this manga was. YMMV and all that, of course.)
It is stupid... but calling this one "remarkably bad" is doing a disservice to just how far down the gaping trench of isekai quality really goes.
I'd say this one is at least moderately entertaining... in the sense that a child desperately trying to do something that would be easy for an adult is kinda endearing (or at least it is funny to watch how bad they are despite trying their best). But there are a non-minor chunk of isekai series that are so utterly brain-dead as to be completely incoherent and nonsensical... Isekai series that are so bad that they're not even up for so-bad-its-good ironic entertainment. The fact that the smoothbrain plot of this series can actually be followed at all puts it above at least 40% of other isekai.

Now the real question is... how do so many of these even get made into manga in the first place? I mean they're basically all just some kid's garbage self-insert fic self-published as a "light novel", but presumably someone else has to adapt the damned things and that costs money.

Users who are viewing this thread