Rent-A-Girlfriend - Vol. 35 Ch. 301 - The Girlfriend And Cards (2)

Dex-chan lover
He is cursed. If he stops Kanokari (or it gets cancelled) Cthulhu will swallow the earth. Lucky for us, curse makes him immortal.

Edit. As ex-reader turned to comment section enjoyer, I think he should end it. Just to release rest of you from the hell. Also world is kinda cringe place rn
I feel like if he ends it, Reiji will just start another cringe as fuck series. And you know he'll get it serialized immediately, because the magazine and editors all acknowledge his unfortunate and annoying ability to somehow milk a raisin (or to use a more serious phrase, blood from a stone lol), along with the fact that, no shit, the inner monologues he writes for Kazuya are a major factor in this series' popularity. Not to us, obviously, but to the Japanese audience, or at least it seems that way considering 75% of each chapter is Kazuya mentally shitting himself over Chizuru blinking and thinking there's some hidden philosophical meaning to it that could end world hunger or bring world peace. And if it's not that, it's him mentally jacking off to Chizuru's outfit that given day/chapter.

I legitimately have never seen another mangaka or author or writer in general so blatantly in love with their own creation that even if it may not have originally been intended, he turned Kazuya into more than a reader's self-insert and went full-blown Reiji-insert. Anytime a Kazuya monologue starts I pretty much tune out and skim cause I've been reading KanoKari for so long (it hurts to admit to it, cause it really has been a long time that I wouldn't be able to deny any accusations of being a masochist lmfao) that after 301 chapters, I can't stand to sit through another one of Reiji's creepy one-handed writing/drawing/describing Chizuru's current look and basically read three pages of him trying to justify why he's wanking it while he's writing, and just skim to where the chapter continues with the story and he's done fantasizing about his drawings. And by then, there's only two or three pages of story left, and it ends up just being gag panels or some kinda joke that feels forced as if someone caught him sticking his dick in a printout of Chizuru with a hole cut in the mouth and crotch areas pasted or taped to his worn out dick sleeve and then tried to make an awkward or bad joke to lighten the super awkward mood after getting caught lol

Anyway. Even if he somehow finally agrees or decides to euthanize KanoKari, we all know the ending would cause one faction or another to riot and send death threats to Reiji, his editors, the magazine, the publisher, and the overall parent company that owns all of them as well lol

And at that point, even without them, he would still probably end up getting another series serialized immediately, and even faster if it ended up a KanoKari sequel or even spin-off, cause not only Reiji, but his editors, and the magazine all know and acknowledge KanoKari's unfortunate popularity and the fact its a cash cow (which also kinda unfortunately sheds light on the majority of his Eastern/Japanese reader base), so KanoKari related or not, Reiji won't have trouble getting serialized again, and because of KanoKari, he knows he can repeat the entire series' outline and general road map and its gimmicks and know he'll get another hit, or at least a steady stream of positive reviews and votes on the reader popularity polls.

Plus he's also already got another series being serialized right now alongside KanoKari (Shiunji-ke no Kodomo-tachi; The Children of Shiunji Family), and while it's not the same as KanoKari, it's still a Reiji romcom series, but this time about seven siblings who learn they're not related by blood, and every single sister is in love with the oldest brother, while the second brother is out getting it from an actual unrelated classmate lmfao

It's only at 17 chapters, and idk if it's still released as tankobon volumes or if it got serialized after the first volume got a really positive reception and reviews, but the pacing is like 50/50, where the chapter-length stories or even multi-chapter stories are paced decently, but the overarching plot feels like KanoKari-tier progression just lurking in the shadows ready to troll everyone the second Reiji drops an "implied to be major" cliffhanger, only for it to be negated and resolved in the first page of the next chapter and ultimately irrelevant and unimportant lol

Anyway this went on for far too long lmfao sorry for the wall, /r lol

Dex-chan lover
For what it's worth, at least Kazuyas usual panicked inner monologue was less laced with hormones this time. While I'm still fairly tired of the constant stream on consciousness, it's not as bad when there's the three of them. I think I object most to these scenarios, that in another manga, could easily lead to something, but here it's just more "crying wolf". I find it nigh impossible to get excited about anything occurring that "looks" like "progress". Chizuru could bloody grab him, kiss him, propose and I'd still be expecting Umi or some other device to skulk out of the shadows to reset everything. weary sigh

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if Chizuru could hear Kazuya's inner thoughts. She wouldn't have a dilemma, she'd have a restraining order :kek:
Imagine if Chizuru had inner thoughts. Then we at least could have a discussion on AI and when a robot can/should be considered a person and so on

Dex-chan lover
82b5fp.jpg

That's all for me, I was reading the manga just to enjoy your comments, they were much much better than the manga. It's been a pleasure guys o7
Honestly I agree with you about the comments being better than the manga... when thats the case you really know how bad it is.

Supporter
This manga is a metaphor for a hostage situation or prison, isnt it?
Well, Simpzuya has been bombing almost as constantly and destructively, as the ordinance being dropped on those in such a situation that's in the news. 🤷‍♀️

Double-page supporter
sorry for the wall, /r lol

No worries. I can relate, I read all of KanoKari until they moved to live together, then for a time I also skipped every Kazuya cringe monologue, and now I just laugh at the jokes in comments.

I also know about his other manga where he is just the writer as far as I remember. It was meh.

We will never get rid of Reijii, but with luck KanoKari will end and be forgotten in our lifetime.

I stopped reading this like 2 years ago it was around chapter 200ish. Today, I saw an update, and decided to read it. Nothing changed. Like nothing at all. Story from 2 yrs ago, till now, I still understood what was going on....

Supporter
Chizuru is getting infected by Kazuya's incel particles floating in the air of her house.

She is slowly getting morally degenerated into a female Kazuya.
The fun part is, she always has been. She may have directed all her pent-up energies toward an ethically dubious dating service instead of fapping after every meal, but these two very lonely and overly serious people have always had much more in common than they've wanted to believe.

Last edited:
Supporter
What number would y'all give this:

After going out to movies, you grab groceries together and head home, where you cook each other's fav dishes. While chilling watching shows/playing games, your partner casually mentions that you should just get married since its so easy being with each other.
At least a forty.

Mine came while we were nailing down a chapel and a reception location and we both realized we hadn't actually looked at rings, let alone had a formal proposal of any sort. So, like, maybe negative seven.

Supporter
what if she was always the same, we just never got the dark side of her inner dialogue like we do with Kazuya...
We do occasionally, most recently in the electronics store arc. She's just as much of a dumbass for him as he is for her.

damn so funny reading this manga comments. coming back from ch 200 ish to see how this one progress. even though lots of people seems to hate this manga, this manga still one of the most active thread in mangadex. keep up the work guys and hope you are strong enough to enjoy the grind, meanwhile ill be back for another 50 chapters

Dex-chan lover
What number would y'all give this:

After going out to movies, you grab groceries together and head home, where you cook each other's fav dishes. While chilling watching shows/playing games, your partner casually mentions that you should just get married since its so easy being with each other.
I have no idea, but Reiji could make 50 chapters just out of your first sentence. Yes, what I mean by first sentence is "What number would y'all give this".

Dex-chan lover
I feel like if he ends it, Reiji will just start another cringe as fuck series. And you know he'll get it serialized immediately, because the magazine and editors all acknowledge his unfortunate and annoying ability to somehow milk a raisin (or to use a more serious phrase, blood from a stone lol), along with the fact that, no shit, the inner monologues he writes for Kazuya are a major factor in this series' popularity. Not to us, obviously, but to the Japanese audience, or at least it seems that way considering 75% of each chapter is Kazuya mentally shitting himself over Chizuru blinking and thinking there's some hidden philosophical meaning to it that could end world hunger or bring world peace. And if it's not that, it's him mentally jacking off to Chizuru's outfit that given day/chapter.

I legitimately have never seen another mangaka or author or writer in general so blatantly in love with their own creation that even if it may not have originally been intended, he turned Kazuya into more than a reader's self-insert and went full-blown Reiji-insert. Anytime a Kazuya monologue starts I pretty much tune out and skim cause I've been reading KanoKari for so long (it hurts to admit to it, cause it really has been a long time that I wouldn't be able to deny any accusations of being a masochist lmfao) that after 301 chapters, I can't stand to sit through another one of Reiji's creepy one-handed writing/drawing/describing Chizuru's current look and basically read three pages of him trying to justify why he's wanking it while he's writing, and just skim to where the chapter continues with the story and he's done fantasizing about his drawings. And by then, there's only two or three pages of story left, and it ends up just being gag panels or some kinda joke that feels forced as if someone caught him sticking his dick in a printout of Chizuru with a hole cut in the mouth and crotch areas pasted or taped to his worn out dick sleeve and then tried to make an awkward or bad joke to lighten the super awkward mood after getting caught lol

Anyway. Even if he somehow finally agrees or decides to euthanize KanoKari, we all know the ending would cause one faction or another to riot and send death threats to Reiji, his editors, the magazine, the publisher, and the overall parent company that owns all of them as well lol

And at that point, even without them, he would still probably end up getting another series serialized immediately, and even faster if it ended up a KanoKari sequel or even spin-off, cause not only Reiji, but his editors, and the magazine all know and acknowledge KanoKari's unfortunate popularity and the fact its a cash cow (which also kinda unfortunately sheds light on the majority of his Eastern/Japanese reader base), so KanoKari related or not, Reiji won't have trouble getting serialized again, and because of KanoKari, he knows he can repeat the entire series' outline and general road map and its gimmicks and know he'll get another hit, or at least a steady stream of positive reviews and votes on the reader popularity polls.

Plus he's also already got another series being serialized right now alongside KanoKari (Shiunji-ke no Kodomo-tachi; The Children of Shiunji Family), and while it's not the same as KanoKari, it's still a Reiji romcom series, but this time about seven siblings who learn they're not related by blood, and every single sister is in love with the oldest brother, while the second brother is out getting it from an actual unrelated classmate lmfao

It's only at 17 chapters, and idk if it's still released as tankobon volumes or if it got serialized after the first volume got a really positive reception and reviews, but the pacing is like 50/50, where the chapter-length stories or even multi-chapter stories are paced decently, but the overarching plot feels like KanoKari-tier progression just lurking in the shadows ready to troll everyone the second Reiji drops an "implied to be major" cliffhanger, only for it to be negated and resolved in the first page of the next chapter and ultimately irrelevant and unimportant lol

Anyway this went on for far too long lmfao sorry for the wall, /r lol
You showed better writing here than the author ever has, I'll give you that

Supporter
Groundhog Day.
Lucky for us, unlike that movie he'll never fall in true love and have it reciprocated so it'll go on forever.

(Yes I know the special showed him with a woman and a child he supposedly fathered, at quite a distance. It also said that he chooses to live separately with his assistants to "focus" on KanoKari. Conclude from that what you will. :shamihuh:)

Dex-chan lover
Groundhog Day.
Anyone who hasn't watched The Cabin in the Woods should do so as soon as they can. It is a delicious satire written by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard.

Wikipedia

Unfortunately, according to JustWatch.com it looks like you can only Subscription Stream it on Max or Ciniemax. You can rent it for $3.99 through several venues or buy it for $4.99/$5 through Amazon or Vudu.

JustWatch.com:

Currently you are able to watch "The Cabin in the Woods" streaming on Max Amazon Channel, Max, DIRECTV, Cinemax Amazon Channel . It is also possible to buy "The Cabin in the Woods" on Amazon Video, Vudu, Microsoft Store, Apple TV, DIRECTV, AMC on Demand, Google Play Movies, YouTube as download or rent it on Apple TV, Amazon Video, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Vudu, Microsoft Store, DIRECTV, Spectrum On Demand online.

Users who are viewing this thread