Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai: Skill Board wo Kushi Shite Saikyou ni Itaru - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Marie Motive

Dex-chan lover
Woah that girl is fast! she went for the combo right after finding her target

@Pandawanka
I'm with ya. Tbh she usually probably wouldn't have exactly been 'my type', but I quite enjoy her so far; and from skimming the raws a little.

And I'll have to see more before I'd just categorize her as a gold digger, though I admit from how it was explained it could seem like that. But if you don't have the skill/ability to be an adventurer yourself, or have a 'special circumstance' like being born as a noble (which has plenty of pitfalls too), I can totally understand wanting to try this. From what we've seen of the setting I imagine a 'normal' girl could very easily have a harsh (or far worse) experience in a multitude of ways if not careful or under the protection of someone powerful.

If she was willing to jump just anyone with some money/skill, or like not mentioned his 'good personality' and whatnot, I could be quicker to see her as a GD. Seems like she's waited for more than just that, and while she did hit the gas quick, I can also understand wanting to throw your hat in/stake a claim/whatever you want to call it, before too many others can do so.

I also imagine that by now she would have seen a few others with the money or moderate skills--maybe in the guild, or in the wider city(ies) who she could have 'used' if she was just a GD who didn't care about personality and whatnot.

But I'll admit I could be wrong, it's relatively early on, and we know little of any of the characters, let alone her, so maybe I haven't seen enough to properly judge her. Still, from everything so far, I haven't got the normal GD Thot vibes that I usually would.

LITTLE DOES SHE KNOW JUST HOW AUTISTICALLY DENSE JAPANESE MC'S ARE AROUND WOMEN

Dex-chan lover
These women are so thirsty.

But Marie is much much thirstier than Esther.

Dex-chan lover
So this is the chapter where we hit full retard. Welp, it was bound to happen somewhen with a manga like this.

Oh, and tbh I agree with the couple others and am also somewhat worried that there isn't a romance/harem tag for various reasons...

There are definitely ways I'd be ok without these being included, but seeing it so far and knowing the common ways they are 'dodged' when it's so... obvious, I'm just really hoping it doesn't take a few of the more often used roads.
Guess I'll have to see...

Edit -
@Liedral
Ah damn, now I'm even less optimistic about the possibilities😢

She take my money when I'm in need
Yeah, she's a triflin' friend indeed
Oh, she's a gold digger
Way over town, that digs on me

@GodGinrai Having a good personality was just a bonus, the main thing she was looking for was money. And while I don't see him becoming unsuccessful, alot could happen in the future like "taking an arrow to the knee" or just getting a serious injuries which should be a common occurence for adventurers.

Double-page supporter
@joshguy No, she definitely praised his manner of handling the hooligans and acted like that was the final evidence that decided her on going for him. Also, I wasn't implying that he would fail, just saying that her means of judging who to go after implies that she would likely make herself scarce if things were to go downhill.

I actually prefer the gold digger trope to stuff like "You saved my life now I'm in love with you". She's not planning on marrying him so she can steal all his money and run off, as long as she can hold up her end of the relationship it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread