Reverend Insanity

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN you may have a point there but merikai scans is to shameless whilst leaf is trying to make do with his little leafy scans so in this occasion I'm gonna have to disagree and side with lead on this one 😉

@ark-sama

I'll side with the scan group that caught the series up to raws. A.K.A. Meraki.

It's not the most noble thing in the world, but we're all pirates and I may as well side with the fast and high quality ones.

Not that I believe AnonX even meant to "snipe" the series. If he did he'd be far more upfront about it, and wouldn't have started over again from chapter 1.

@TheOneWhoSighs sigh, you have a point there sadly its true but in reality the most saddest thing is were all all reading pirated manga for for free 😞

It is weird to see the girl in the cover with feminin clothes. That is so not in the character personality.

This is quite decent, this manhua followed the original novel quite faithfully, unlike some other manhua adaptation that turns out totally different from their original novels

Btw if you can't wait anymore, the novel is actively translated into english at webnovel dot com, the title is Reverend Insanity

I rly love this MC, so dark, manipulative, calculating, persevering, untamed and noone seems to realize his potential.. i rly love this story, plot is interesting and art if beautiful.

So if Meraki is having a hard time fitting this into his every day life shouldn't he just let the other guy do it? Doesn't that make sense if there's two separate people working on this?

The way meraki rush this to be immediately posted on mangadex when they release it later look ridiculous, even if you likeand are grateful for the work done. :/

Group Leader
@Grom So you missed where she was doing the same for weeks and weeks now? If we release with 24h delay, she'll post hers with 12h. If ours is about to be released, she'll release it without delay. So, we've decided to simply remove the delay and watch her do the same. I've already told Lymus to post it without the delay about 2 weeks ago. Make no mistake, we're both being petty about it. Just kick back and enjoy whichever release you prefer.

@DiabolicalHaterAnonx
we're both being petty about it
Wait. WUT.

He/she uploaded this series without a delay until your group started to translate this series. Then he/she added the 12 hours delay, I suppose to get people to go to his/her site or for whatever reason. After that he/she started to upload without a delay again.
So I guess your side is the one being petty here: I mean, this is the only series your group lifted the 24h delay as far as I know. The last 3 or 4 chapters iirc.

Not that it's a bad thing, I read from whoever uploads first anyway lol.

Group Leader
@ZombiesAreNotOkay No, before we picked this series up, she was releasing it in parts on her website. Her usual practice is to split each chapter of any series up to 5 pieces. Meaning 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 like so https://i.imgur.com/66n3Fc7.png. Only after she releases all 5 parts she would release it to Mangadex. Which would be a week delay from the first part. Her reasoning was that her internet connection is so bad that the upload kept failing. Funny how it's magically fixed only for Gu.

This said, I'm not complaining, I'm plainly giving an explanation to the comment below yours. However, if you're trying to say that she's not being petty, you're kidding yourself it's pretty simple, competition breeds better and more convenient product, and that's exactly what's happening here. We lifted the delay for this, and she is releasing full chapters + reducing the delay (She released this chapter with 6 hours delay instead of usual 24 if she releases before us, 12 if she releases after or the amount needed to release it before us.) And please, if you're gonna make a comment, stick to the facts.

There’s all this debate but I remember the same issue popping up between Silver leaf scans and Timelessleaf, except the places were switched.

People stood by Leaf for translating series such as Feng Qi Cang Lan because the original team was slow (even though they were still translating). But when positions are reversed the tune seems to change as well?

@DiabolicalHaterAnonx
she was releasing it in parts on her website. Her usual practice is to split each chapter of any series up to 5 pieces. Meaning 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 [...]Only after she releases all 5 parts she would release it to Mangadex. Which would be a week delay from the first part.
But we are talking about uploading this series in particular in Mangadex here, right? The way I see it: it's irrelevant whether or not she uploaded, in his/her site, other series or even this series in parts before finishing. If she uploads in Mangadex as soon as he/she finishes the chapter (a week as you said. But I don't know bc I've never visited that website) that means there is no delay. In contrast, your group finishes the chapter, uploads to your site, then there is a 24h delay in Mangadex.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not antagonizing or being confrontational with you about both sides' policies (because for that matter, I'd simply visit his/her or your site so I don't have to wait). I'm just clarifying things as they happened in mangadex. Whatever Timelessleaf did in its site doesn't really matter to me as a mangadex reader. I'm not siding with him/her for being first because that'd be narrow minded. Nor am I siding with your group since that'd be the same. As I said, I always read from whoever uploads faster.

To be honest, I didn't know Timeless uploaded its translations in parts in its site until you said it. But hey, that just shows that group has several policies and strategies depending on the website. Now, if he/she later added the 12h delay because of competition and he/she wanted to get people to his/her site, then lifted the delay when that didn't work, that's Timelessleaf's problem, right? We can say that's probably a failed strategy, but we can't say he/she's being petty. We can't read minds after all. On the other hand, your group has a reputation of being reliable and strict with its rules. Breaking your own policies simply to be faster is strange. If your group keeps crossing that bridge, this whole situation will be reduced to "he/she did that, so I did the same" or "but he/she hit me first!!". That's why I'm saying your group is the only one giving the impression of pettiness over the last 4 chapters and your first comment.

Group Leader
@ZombiesAreNotOkay
I'm not sure whether you misunderstood me or not. She didn't lift the delay. She only reduced it enough to screw with us. For instance, if we had 6 hours left from that 24-hour delay, she would put her chapter on 3 hours instead, Or 5 hours, irrelevant as long as her chapter gets released before ours. If you don't call that petty, then you can't call us petty for doing the same thing either and I do consider us both petty about this matter. We've just removed the delay to combat this which caused her to drop the delay from 24 hours to 6 hours (this is only if she releases before us). What this effectively does is, Mangadex is currently getting scrapped by every aggregate out there. Which means, whichever chapter gets released first will end up on every aggregate website. Which is why she is doing what she is doing. Which is why we're doing what we're doing.

Taking this series into consideration when it comes to the delay policy alone is insane. TimelessLeaf is naturally our changing factor and we are hers. Our delay on Mangadex is 24 hours for the most part, as that benefits us the most, and I generally don't pay attention to it, unless something is brought to my attention, like this comment section.

As our zealots were attacking TimelessLeaf, hers didn't stand idle I've heard so many arguments about TimelessLeaf the Saint that I'm god damn tired of it when all of them are as hypocritical as they get. And naturally, it matters what we do on our websites, mangadex is secondary to whoever has their own website. If she's releasing 12 pages in 5 parts on her own website, you can argue she is not delaying it on Mangadex, but she most definitely is even if that delay is not through mangadex delay feature.

To explain this point better. If we weren't doing this series, she wouldn't be up to date with it most of the time. You would get it almost a full week later every week than you do right now. That's plainly due to splitting chapters, and the way she releases on her own website. Do you understand better now? This is why I'm arguing against the point you made in your first comment, which is
He/she uploaded this series without a delay until your group started to translate this series.
I don't consider it valid, nor fair. But anyway, my personal opinions of her practices aside. I'm aware that Mangadex readers generally dislike our 1-day policy. Even though I consider it to be very reasonable compared to the alternatives such as 2 week delay or not uploading at all. Some were needless to say very vocal about it: Example https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572516678798409728/572534492875456552/unknown.png

PS: Saw your other comment on this thread. We're not picking up Dokgo, despite Zero Scans offering it back to us. It's KakaoCorp project, which we couldn't do, due to Cease and Desist. But, even without that, there is a general lack of interest in it amongst us. We were huge fans of Tong. I am though interested in Blood Rain 2 (Lee Jung Woo is leading character from what I hear), but there are some difficulties obtaining raws for it.

Users who are viewing this thread